PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Pride

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 01:01 AM
A ton of memories and thoughts go through my side watching all these great Steeler teams of the past..

-the history of the Steel curtain
-How Art Rooney bought the Steelers for peanuts and now its worth 880 million.
-The Rooneys keeping this team in Pittsburgh come hell or high water and sticking to their values and morals
- Bradshaw, Swann, & Stallworth who really helped make each other better week in and week out and really formed a combination in the passing game that was lethal at any given time.
-Franco and Rocky and all their smash mouth, hard nosed, run over you and never quit attitude
-And Cowher who took over for Noll and etched his own name in Steeler history with so much success and finally getting us that elusive "one for the thumb".
-The Terrible Towel - an icon started by Myron Cope that is a symbol of so much pride and history for the city and the fans.

There's literally countless memories that we all have and will be privileged to be a part of in the future that Damn it just gives you chills to know that you're a fan of the Great Pittsburgh Steelers ! :tt02: :tt02:

House of Steel
01-30-2007, 01:04 AM
You really said it all, Matt. That was beautiful!!! I am damn proud to be a Black n Gold Bleeder and a Diehard STEELERS FAN FOR LIFE!!! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

No other team in the NFL can compete with us.

Steelx
01-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Um yeah they can thats why we are on the sideline hos?

Very goo dpost TOp Gun glad to read it

House of Steel
01-30-2007, 01:07 AM
Um yeah they can thats why we are on the sideline hos?

Very goo dpost TOp Gun glad to read it

WHAT THE????? Please explain this.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 01:09 AM
I think what he means is that in our heart of hearts, we as Steeler fans know that no other NFL team has the history, the legacy, the fan support all over the world, the pride in the locker room that our team has, the feeling of really being a part of the city...but the other guys get paid too and they have to step up to the plate every week and bring it.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 01:10 AM
Well I'm proud of my famlies Pittsburgh roots. Both of my parents were born in the Pittsburgh area.

I'm also proud of the fact that my Grandfather George Nicksich played for the Steelers in the early 1950's.

Then there is the great history of the Steelers and all the great memories.

There is nothing like be a Steelers fan and being part of the Steelers Nation.

House of Steel
01-30-2007, 01:11 AM
Oh OK, Matt, thanks for the explaination. :bigthumb:

Steelx
01-30-2007, 01:12 AM
No other team in the NFL can compete with us.If no one can compete with us then why are we on the sidelines?

Steelersfan
01-30-2007, 01:40 AM
If no one can compete with us then why are we on the sidelines?

I think HoS is talking about our history. :dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 01:42 AM
Or maybe he's just trying to give HOS a hard time in referring to the "compete with us" comment :lol:

Steelx
01-30-2007, 01:44 AM
yeah who is this "us" do we play for the steelers?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 01:46 AM
So I take it you're not one to refer to the Steelers as "us" like I do? Cuz you know that's a fan thing that dates back to forever because we feel like we're as much a part of the team as the players even though we don't strap on the helmet on sundays.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 01:47 AM
Hey I have a habit of saying us to. But I have an excuse. I do have Steelers blood in me.lol

Steelersfan
01-30-2007, 01:58 AM

Maybe I do :dunno: How would you ever know?.......lol

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-30-2007, 02:00 AM
-The Terrible Towel - an icon started by Myron Cope that is a symbol of so much pride and history for the city and the fans.
:tt02: :tt02:
Do you realize how many teams have emulated the "Towel"? Just about every game you watch, somebody is waving something...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 02:34 AM
I know right; teams try and imitate it by coming up with their "own version" of the towel but everybody knows we have the original and the best.

Hell I remember when Bam Morris went to the ratbirds and made the "ravens rag" for their fans to wave when we came to town. Hey Bam, How long did that last you crack smokin flunkie !

Steelx
01-30-2007, 09:17 AM
So I take it you're not one to refer to the Steelers as "us" like I do? Cuz you know that's a fan thing that dates back to forever because we feel like we're as much a part of the team as the players even though we don't strap on the helmet on sundays.I try not to but I have been known to use "we" and "us" in posts by mistake. I dont think I am part of the team at all. Yeah I am a die hard fan but all the over paid athletes are getting money from me thats not team work.

Maybe I do :dunno: How would you ever know?.......lol Um yeah if thats true can you please send over themoney that you should be using to get into fights at bars or doing steroids.

TEEMONT
01-30-2007, 10:10 AM

"Us" is the real 12th man, without "us", it's just "them". We are part of the team, we have molded this franchise into what it is, without "us" the likes of Bradshaw, Harris, Greene, Lambert, Bettis, Ward, and Ben wouldn't matter. We are every bit as important to the success of this team as the players our IMO, who wants to play in front of people who just sit there, and don't feel like they are part of the team. Not only are we fans, but we make the Steelers part of our lives, not just some guys we watch play a game for 6 months a year. There is US.

AZ_Steeler
01-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Referring to the Steelers as us/we is deserving of its own thread :lol: plus when you refer to the Steelers as us/we it effects our search result ranking on the search engines :bigthumb: Steelers, Steelers, Steelers, Steelers

Anyways, the Steelers are one of the most storied franchises in the NFL and no other team can quite compare. Some have had their runs and been around for awhile but when you look at the Rooney family and see all they have done for the city of Pittsburgh and for the NFL I am proud to say I am a Steeler fan! Passing the tradition onto my son as my father has done with me, and his dad did for him means everything to me. I know it's just a game and we all can have our differences but when you've been a fan and the tradition has been passed on it almost becomes a family tradition and it's something you want to see carried on through the family! :tt02:

House of Steel
01-30-2007, 12:27 PM
My big mouth ruffled some feathers in here didn't it. We are the 12th man for the Steelers :greengrin:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 12:33 PM
We as Steelers fans really take the 12th man scenario to heart. We being Steelers fans are always feeling that we are as much a part of the team as anybody else is. Steelers fans are such a diehard bunch and loyal to the end. We are opinionated to the end and we always think we know best and are quick to judge when a player doesn't pan out or a game plan sux, but all in all Steelers fans are second to none and Im proud to say Im part of the Us. :tt02:

How's that for ya AZ ? :lol:

AZ_Steeler
01-30-2007, 12:36 PM
That'll work TG :lol: Just need to do a search and replace for all instances of we and change it to what you have :lol: 'We as Steelers fans' :bigthumb: