PDA

View Full Version : When Polamalu comes back...

SnakeEyes43
11-09-2012, 07:51 AM
If Troy is healthy and ready for the Ravens game, does he start? I know Tomlin will start him, but I want to know what most fans would do.

I only ask because I rewatched the Giants game and Will Allen is playing great right now. He's been solid ever since he got his chance to start. So what would you do? Start Troy, or stick with Allen?

CowherPower
11-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Will Allen is playing very well, after seeing how Mundy struggled early in the year, Allen is the clearly the better of the two so far. This is Polamalu's job to lose though, make no mistake about it. Lebeau and Tomlin won't hesitate to put Troy back in when he's healthy again. At least we know that we now have a legitimate backup who can play well and consistently get better, in Allen.

cmerrifield
11-09-2012, 09:57 AM
I say yes especially with the Ravens, Troy is better at run support and disguising his run support or coverage.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

elephantman
11-09-2012, 10:06 AM
If Troy is healthy and ready for the Ravens game, does he start? I know Tomlin will start him, but I want to know what most fans would do.

I only ask because I rewatched the Giants game and Will Allen is playing great right now. He's been solid ever since he got his chance to start. So what would you do? Start Troy, or stick with Allen?

Then ur question really is ..Do you CUT Troy or keep him, cuz if he doesent start he is not worthy of a roster spot.... I say he plays when healthy

Real Deal Steel
11-09-2012, 10:09 AM
If he's not back for the Ravens, then I don't ever expect him to be back this season.

SnakeEyes43
11-09-2012, 10:19 AM
If he's not back for the Ravens, then I don't ever expect him to be back this season.

I truly hate to say it, but all I see is him returning for the Ravens and re-injuring the calf again. I hope he proves me wrong.

KemoTherapy
11-09-2012, 11:35 AM
....he gets reinjured in the first quarter.

Goodfrom55
11-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Without question, he starts and Allen goes to a support role. He has earned that right and hopefully he stays healthy. If he comes back and gets hurt again, then I would have to say his days in Pittsburgh would be in question beyond the 2013 season.

Stone
11-09-2012, 02:11 PM
He scares me lately. His freelance thing doesn't work any more, and the defense doesn't seem cohesive when he's in there.

LatrobePA
11-09-2012, 02:16 PM
When he does come back he'll quickly be out again! I have a feeling he's too brittle to play his style game!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-09-2012, 03:50 PM
I wish Troy would just retire....lol I really could careless if Troy does comeback......

Goodfrom55
11-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Bottom line he is still a player that coaches game plan for. He is incredible hands and instincts and obviously does not play a traditional safety position.

I hope he comes back healthy and makes a difference this year. Beyond 2013, I truly wonder if he will be a starter or have retired.

Steelers are a much better footbal team with Troy out there.

Nolrog
11-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Start? Are you crazy? Why would we want the best defensive player on the team, not to mention an all-time great player, to start when he's healthy!!!! Where would the logic possibly be in that!!!!

LevonKirkland99
11-11-2012, 03:29 PM
People want Troy to retire? They think he won't be any good and will re injure himself? Yeah, Troy had such a terrible career in Pittsburgh, we should cut him right now.

LevonKirkland99
11-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Start? Are you crazy? Why would we want the best defensive player on the team, not to mention an all-time great player, to start when he's healthy!!!! Where would the logic possibly be in that!!!!

Well said.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-11-2012, 04:29 PM
People want Troy to retire? They think he won't be any good and will re injure himself? Yeah, Troy had such a terrible career in Pittsburgh, we should cut him right now.

Nobody said he had a terrible career but I don't live in the past...Just like when Hines was done last year...Thanks for the memories but when its over its over for a player......Really how can anybody count on Troy going forward?.....As for cutting Troy if he isn't willing to take a pay cut next year then yea he should be cut...Noway you can a player that much money if he is going to miss a ton of games.....

Nolrog
11-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Nobody said he had a terrible career but I don't live in the past...Just like when Hines was done last year...Thanks for the memories but when its over its over for a player......

Dude, get a clue. Troy is far from done. This defense is on a completely different level when he's in there than when he's not. He's just having bad luck with injuries right now. Hines, on the other hand, was 4th or 5th on the depth chart and it was time to hang em up. Two totally and completely different situations.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Dude, get a clue. Troy is far from done. This defense is on a completely different level when he's in there than when he's not. He's just having bad luck with injuries right now. Hines, on the other hand, was 4th or 5th on the depth chart and it was time to hang em up. Two totally and completely different situations.

Oh since I don't butt worship Troy like you do then I need to get a clue....Far from done?.......I would say Troy's career is on the decline.......The only reason I mentioned Hines is the fact players come and go and the great Troy Polamalu is no different....I don't live in the past like some of you do in our fanbase....Just like some of the old farts that can't let the 70s go.......

Bad luck with injuries....I think you need the clue since father time catches up with all players especially players with Troy's style of play......Could it be possible his body is breaking down instead of bad luck?....Troy was so much of a factor in the play-off loss to the Tebow Broncos are even against Rodgers and in the Pack in Super Bowl XLV.....But hey you still have your 2008 highlight dvd to keep your memories alive when Troy was actually that much of a factor for this team.....lol Keep living in the past.......

Nolrog
11-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Is Troy on the decline? Yes, I think you can say that. Is it anywhere near a Hines situation? Not even remotely close. Is his body breaking down? You could make that argument, sure; but is a calf injury really a sign of a breaking down body?

But that doesn't change the fact that when he's healthy, he's still an excellent safety and the defense is on a completely different level with him than without. He's far from done.

coldrolled
11-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Pay him a million a year, get another safety and let Head and Shoulders pay the rest of his expenses.

Steeler4life
11-11-2012, 07:27 PM
If he is 100 percent healthy, completely healthy, not his view of being healthy with his voodoo medicines and **** then yes I would absolutely start him for one simple reason.

Flacco is his bitch.

SteelerCountry58
11-11-2012, 09:49 PM
What's the status of Troy? Is he scheduled to come back for the Ravens showdown?

Real Deal Steel
11-12-2012, 12:27 AM
He scares me lately. His freelance thing doesn't work any more, and the defense doesn't seem cohesive when he's in there.

there is a lot of truth in this. this team has established discipline and then you bring in a guy who is undisciplined in the secondary. Routines have been established and cohesiveness. Pass defense is playing at a high level already. Why bring him back for the biggest game of the year? Why break the continuity?

NorCalSteel
11-12-2012, 01:33 AM
WOW how quickly the masses turn..If troy is 100% he plays he is a difference maker..if he is not 100% then he can wait. Will Allen is playing very well..

Real Deal Steel
11-12-2012, 10:20 AM
I"m not turning on Troy. But there is something to be said for continuity. This team has great chemistry in the secondary right now. Why rock the boat with a guy who's a freelancer? It will cause someone to blow an assignment. Everyone is disciplined back there right now. Why bring in a guy who's undisciplined?

If he had been back there for most of the season, then I see your point. But they've forged their own synergy back in the secondary and it's paying off. Why change it now? In the most important three game stretch of the season? Just food for thought.