PDA

View Full Version : Mike hundred million Wallace

scudmissile29
11-05-2012, 04:20 PM
He had a good play against the Giants.

Should we keep him next season? At what price? I think we should of shipped his *** off whilst we could get something in return but that's not happening.

Realistically I don't see him staying in Pittsburgh and I'm fine with that, we have Sanders and Brown as starters and Cotchery as the new Hines Ward.

Mid-Way through the season we should really be looking at seeing if we are going to re-sign him or not.

How much is he worth? To be honest not more than $4M per season IMO.

steelersbabex25
11-05-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm pretty critical of Mike Wallace most of the time. But it's plays like the TD that he had yesterday that makes me go...damn, now I remember why we keep him around.

That being said, we wouldn't be hurt if he left. AB, Sanders, Cotch, Miller and co. can carry this team just fine on their own.

Real Deal Steel
11-05-2012, 04:29 PM
I don't expect to see Wallace after this season. But I'd like for him to stay but you can't keep everybody when you function with a Salary cap.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2012, 04:54 PM
I'm pretty critical of Mike Wallace most of the time. But it's plays like the TD that he had yesterday that makes me go...damn, now I remember why we keep him around.

That being said, we wouldn't be hurt if he left. AB, Sanders, Cotch, Miller and co. can carry this team just fine on their own.

I've been critical of Wallace ever since his holdout started, and before that during the last half of 2011 when his production dropped off. Until he proves he can catch the ball in traffic or even try and fight for it then I'm fine if he ends up leaving. I would have rather they got something for him in return but that's life in the NFL. He's a legit deep threat, probably the best in the game or atleast top 3. Certainly he can outrun anyone in the NFL, which is is forte by far.

Did you see him try and run that quick screen last night? He doesn't have a sense of how to handle himself in traffic and weave his way through tight circumstances. You need quick guys with a burst of acceleration out of the gate, like Sanders or AB. Wallace has his role on this team, and anybody would be lucky to have him but if he goes after the price we think he will then we can kiss him goodbye.

If he stays, more power to him and we'll be even more potent down the field, but if he goes then he goes.

Big T
11-05-2012, 05:44 PM
4 mil a year? Come on now. You may not like him, but his production over the first three and a half years of his career, and the fact that every defense must account for him on every play makes him worth well more than that. You're telling me that Antonio Brown is worth almost 9 mil a year, and Wallace only 4? So you're saying he's worth less than 1 mil a year more than Larry Foote? He's worth less than Nate Washington? Mario Manningham is making almost 4 mil a year. Earl Bennett makes almost 4 mil a year. I get that you don't like him, but that's absolutely ridiculous.

Goodfrom55
11-05-2012, 06:11 PM
He clearly demonstrated why he is a dangerous receiver yesterday and I hope the Steelers find a way to resign him. But as I said in another post, I'm not all in on Wallace until I see more consistency from him and he eliminates the recent issues with drops. Elite receivers don't do that as frequently as he has this season.

Hard to overlook Sanders effort last night, or Cotchery's. No, they're both not Wallace, but if the Steelers had no choice, I believe they could move forward without Wallace, but I hope they don't have to.

steelersbabex25
11-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Sander's TD catch was pretty damn impressive though.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2012, 06:37 PM
29 TD's in three and half seasons for Mike Wallace....What WR will replace that production on the roster?

ChucktownSteeler
11-05-2012, 07:16 PM
I keep him for $7 million a year.

scudmissile29
11-05-2012, 07:58 PM
I keep him for $7 million a year.

I doubt he would even want a 5 year 35m contract.

Id give that to Emmanuel lol

Goodfrom55
11-05-2012, 08:41 PM
My 2 cents, 5 for 50 with 30 guaranteed. . .take it or leave it. However, he should be franchised so the Steelers have some protection throughout this negotiation process.

As a 3rd WR, Sanders will be lucky to see 4 for 16, but IMHO, I think Sanders wants to be a #1 or #2 so I doubt it highly that he stays in Pittsburgh unless they tender him like they did Wallace this past season.

cbrunn
11-05-2012, 08:47 PM
They all 3 will be a Steeler for years to come ... they love playing with each other ... and all 3 will be compensated

Wallace will get 7-10 a year ... Sanders will get 2-4 a year ... and keep it moving

Fast Money, Easy Money, and Cash Money

steelchamp204
11-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Get Keenan Lewis's contract done first. He is the new stud in town :stirpot:

To be honest, Start Mike out 5/45 then go up in the price and stop around 52. I know he won't be making more than Brown, but somehow we need to save money to sign our other guys.

greg1964
11-05-2012, 09:36 PM
I would like to keep Wallace, but NOT at th cost of losing: R. Mendenhall, R. Lewis, M. Saunders or M. Starks next year or making it impossible to keep Pouncey, DD or Gilbert and Adams long term.

Say what you want: but did anyone else notice that the running game started to click once Adams was at RT: I'm not saying, I'm justy saying.

SnakeEyes43
11-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Same here Greg. I like Wallace, and of course want to keep him, but not at the expense of other key contributors in key positions. I love Harrison, but if he doesn't get back on track this year, it may be time for him to go too. He's been MIA, and I thought by now he'd a least be "sorta back".

tburg68
11-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Another stupid thread started by a stupid poster. Wallace remains the best WR on the roster. Saying he won't be missed is just ignorance talking. Seemed to me that when AB left the game, the offense didn't miss a beat with Cotch. No one on the current roster is replacing Wallace's speed.

Real Deal Steel
11-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Another stupid thread started by a stupid poster. Wallace remains the best WR on the roster. Saying he won't be missed is just ignorance talking. Seemed to me that when AB left the game, the offense didn't miss a beat with Cotch. No one on the current roster is replacing Wallace's speed.

Please...your the stupid one for thinking that Wallace can't be replaced. Sanders can come in and do atleast 75 percent of what wallace does, if not more. And Wallace was missing in action until AB got hurt anyway. Again, AB is the most complete receiver on this team. Wallace can and will be replaced.

cbrunn
11-06-2012, 12:25 AM
Please...your the stupid one for thinking that Wallace can't be replaced. Sanders can come in and do atleast 75 percent of what wallace does, if not more. And Wallace was missing in action until AB got hurt anyway. Again, AB is the most complete receiver on this team. Wallace can and will be replaced.

So where the TD from the Wr come from then?? ... not AB , maybe Sanders ... and I believe Sanders is better then AB but was to injured so didn't get the chances ...

AB stans are ridiculous ... How many TD does he have?? how many does this scrub WR Wallace have?? ... hasn't Wallace produced good numbers every since he stepped into the facilities? ... I know TD aren't everything but aren't they having similar years but only difference is Wallace has more TD by far

But really Sanders can do what Wallace does ??? ... lmao :lol::lol::lol: :Dead:

NOBODY in the NFL can replace Wallace speed , not to mention with being a decent route runner

elephantman
11-06-2012, 12:34 AM
he'll proly get 12mil or so , he'll get offered it by someone, and he will go to the highest bidder in which the steelers will have no part of, I like him enough to not want him on an elite AFC team..Imagine wallace and Johnson in Houston?

connecticutsteel
11-06-2012, 12:58 AM
IT IS POINTLESS TO TALK ABOUT THIS NOW IN MID SEASON THIS IS AN OFF SEASON TOPIC

steelchamp204
11-06-2012, 01:09 AM
We should all be happy to get to keep all 3 for the future, all these guys are explosive. They also help each other out, especially Wallce helping Brown out and vice versa. Can we please just enjoy watching this offense now?

Big T
11-06-2012, 01:35 AM
We should all be happy to get to keep all 3 for the future, all these guys are explosive. They also help each other out, especially Wallce helping Brown out and vice versa. Can we please just enjoy watching this offense now?

Nope. After every game, every thread needs to turn into a "Mike Wallace is better!! No, AB is better!!" thread so everyone can aimlessly argue what they've been arguing for months.

steelchamp204
11-06-2012, 02:32 AM
Nope. After every game, every thread needs to turn into a "Mike Wallace is better!! No, AB is better!!" thread so everyone can aimlessly argue what they've been arguing for months.

If Wallace didnt hold out this offseason, there wouldnt be any issues with people "not caring if he comes back or not", I was pissed with Wallace for a little while. Now, it seems like he is the scape goat for everything.

connecticutsteel
11-06-2012, 05:11 AM
this board has been invaded by haters!!!!!!

Big T
11-06-2012, 11:37 AM
If Wallace didn't hold out this offseason, there wouldnt be any issues with people "not caring if he comes back or not", I was pissed with Wallace for a little while. Now, it seems like he is the scape goat for everything.

Exactly.

scudmissile29
11-06-2012, 11:41 AM

another response by another stupid poster.

Wallace has hardly been "missed" this season, with the exception of the Giants play he's not done anything/

We don't need Wallace's speed if you haven't realised we aren't bombing it out.

scudmissile29
11-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Exactly.

That's what happens when you want big money.

People expect BIG things from him and he's done **** all. Put a price on your own head and you'll get one back.

Flacco said something similar and faces similar reception. If he took what he originally was worth then nobody would have any qualms.

Big T
11-06-2012, 11:47 AM
another response by another stupid poster.

Wallace has hardly been "missed" this season, with the exception of the Giants play he's not done anything/

We don't need Wallace's speed if you haven't realised we aren't bombing it out.

Mike Wallace: 39 catches, 525 yards, 5 TDs
Antonion Brown: 42 catches, 499 yards, 1 TD (that he fumbled and was lucky to get back)

So if Wallace hasn't done anything, I guess Antonio Brown has been terrible and straight up nonexistent this season huh?

Real Deal Steel
11-06-2012, 12:45 PM
If Wallace didnt hold out this offseason, there wouldnt be any issues with people "not caring if he comes back or not", I was pissed with Wallace for a little while. Now, it seems like he is the scape goat for everything.

Not true. Wallace did this to himself with his second half of the season dissapearing act last year. That's when all the stuff started about him. When a guy takes the last 8 games of the season off, he deserves what he gets.

cbrunn
11-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Antonion Brown: 42 catches, 499 yards, 1 TD (that he fumbled and was lucky to get back)

So if Wallace hasn't done anything, I guess Antonio Brown has been terrible and straight up nonexistent this season huh?

End Thread with that right there

tburg68
11-06-2012, 02:11 PM

"Wallace isn't the best because I said so and I REALLY like AB better, facts don't matter." I don't say MW is the best receiver on this team because I don't love AB, it's because its true.

75% of Wallace is somehow as good as Wallace?????? Anyone who believes that the Steeler offense is just as good without MW as with him is STUPID.

Real Deal Steel
11-06-2012, 03:53 PM
"Wallace isn't the best because I said so and I REALLY like AB better, facts don't matter." I don't say MW is the best receiver on this team because I don't love AB, it's because its true.

75% of Wallace is somehow as good as Wallace?????? Anyone who believes that the Steeler offense is just as good without MW as with him is STUPID.

No......YOUR the one who is stupid for thinking that we can't survive without a freakin WR. There is only one person who is irraplacable on the offense and that's Ben.

Your not a real Steelers fan or you'd know that. This organazation is about the collective...NOT JUST ONE PERSON! Your a fan of another team and the Steelers are your second or third favorite team. But your not a Steelers fan per say or you'd know that.

We can live, survive and thrive without Mike Wallace. We will live and survive and thrive without him next season. So you can flip it, spin it,..do whatever you want with it but the fact is he won't be here next year. And that will prove my point of management agreeing that we can move from him and be fine.

Stop being such a ballwasher. We are not endeared to any one player! Not to Troy, not to Clark, not to anyone but Ben.

scudmissile29
11-06-2012, 04:39 PM

Let's now compare a $100m receiver shall we.

oh wait, I've found one that isn't $100m.

In fact, he's not even worth 50% of it.

WAIT FOR IT..........

...... on a new team as well, learning a new offense

Brandon Marshall - 59 receptions, 797 yards, 7 touchdowns

Black@Gold Forever32
11-06-2012, 06:17 PM
No......YOUR the one who is stupid for thinking that we can't survive without a freakin WR. There is only one person who is irraplacable on the offense and that's Ben.

Your not a real Steelers fan or you'd know that. This organazation is about the collective...NOT JUST ONE PERSON! Your a fan of another team and the Steelers are your second or third favorite team. But your not a Steelers fan per say or you'd know that.

We can live, survive and thrive without Mike Wallace. We will live and survive and thrive without him next season. So you can flip it, spin it,..do whatever you want with it but the fact is he won't be here next year. And that will prove my point of management agreeing that we can move from him and be fine.

Stop being such a ballwasher. We are not endeared to any one player! Not to Troy, not to Clark, not to anyone but Ben.

Ok you're just ridiculous by saying tburg68 isn't a true Steelers fan.....lol I'm so sick of reading that garbage by people on the internet.....Just like all of us were Mike Wallace apologist when most of us just want him to remain with the team since he is the Steelers best WR and one of the best deep threats in the NFL......29 career TD's in 3.5 seasons for Mike Wallace.....Will AB even score 30 in his career?..........

I'm so sick of the whole Mike Wallace/AB argument........The NFL is a passing league and really the direction of the team should be focused on keeping the entire offense intact as long as possible......I want to see Wallace, Brown, Sanders together with Ben since these will be Ben's prime years of his career.......

Real Deal Steel
11-06-2012, 06:27 PM
To say that we can't make it without a wide receiver is the thing that is the most ridiculous. We have a bunch of good wide receivers. So if one leaves, our passing game will in no way collapse. We can..and we will live without Wallace and still win Super Bowls without Wallace. We've won two without Stallworth or Swann haven't we???

And we will win without Wallace too. :rolleyes:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-06-2012, 06:41 PM
To say that we can't make it without a wide receiver is the thing that is the most ridiculous. We have a bunch of good wide receivers. So if one leaves, our passing game will in no way collapse. We can..and we will live without Wallace and still win Super Bowls without Wallace. We've won two without Stallworth or Swann haven't we???

And we will win without Wallace too. :rolleyes:

No need to be a smartass....No **** the Steelers have won 6 Super Bowls without Mike Wallace and 0 with him....Just saying the offense is much better keeping the entire unit together for as long as possible....I'm sick of seeing Ben lose his most his most explosive WR.....Burress, Holmes, and maybe Wallace.......

Just spend the ****ing money to keep Wallace....Then most of the focus during the draft could be used for defense......If the Steelers let Wallace walk then a draft pick will have to be used on a WR again and probably one within the first three rounds......

Real Deal Steel
11-06-2012, 06:48 PM
No need to spend so much money when we have a bunch of good wide receivers. And I believe we have another speedster on the practice squad too right? Nope.

We need that money to address real need areas like the secondary, linebackers and DE next season. Can't see it.

But If he stays, that will be fine too. But as of now, the management has basically said with their money (AB's new contract) who they have long term faith in. Money talks.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Any player can be replaced and I understand that.....Players come and go all the time....Just my opinion the Steelers offense is better with Mike Wallace then without........I still don't know if Brown and Sanders could carry the load since we never seen them without Mike Wallace.....Mike Wallace commands so much respect due to his speed.....

Black@Gold Forever32
11-06-2012, 07:02 PM
No need to spend so much money when we have a bunch of good wide receivers. And I believe we have another speedster on the practice squad too right? Nope.

We need that money to address real need areas like the secondary, linebackers and DE next season. Can't see it.

But If he stays, that will be fine too. But as of now, the management has basically said with their money (AB's new contract) who they have long term faith in. Money talks.

Ok when have the Steelers have been major players in free agency so I wouldn't count on the Steelers signing any LBs, DEs, DBs.....Keep Wallace then use the draft to restock the defense.....The Steelers way has always been through the draft.....

scott0326
11-06-2012, 08:44 PM
The Mike Wallace hate is hilarious on this site. SMH.

scudmissile29
11-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Ok when have the Steelers have been major players in free agency so I wouldn't count on the Steelers signing any LBs, DEs, DBs.....Keep Wallace then use the draft to restock the defense.....The Steelers way has always been through the draft.....

we didn't miss Plaxico, we didn't miss Santonio, we won't miss Santonio.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-06-2012, 08:59 PM
we didn't miss Plaxico, we didn't miss Santonio, we won't miss Santonio.

That isn't the point Flame.......How about keeping Ben's most explosive WR around longer this time so the focus can be drafting mainly defense since the defense is old.......If Wallace walks then a WR is must in the draft again and probably within the first three rounds.....

Goodfrom55
11-06-2012, 09:15 PM
That isn't the point Flame.......How about keeping Ben's most explosive WR around longer this time so the focus can be drafting mainly defense since the defense is old.......If Wallace walks then a WR is must in the draft again and probably within the first three rounds.....

Something tells me Wallace isn't going anywhere, just a fat guy hunch. If he walked, Sanders would be the #2, Cotch the #3 and they would be drafting for depth. Their 1st 2 picks this upcoming draft, in no particular order should be OLB and SS.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Something tells me Wallace isn't going anywhere, just a fat guy hunch. If he walked, Sanders would be the #2, Cotch the #3 and they would be drafting for depth. Their 1st 2 picks this upcoming draft, in no particular order should be OLB and SS.

AB, Sanders, Cotchery is still a solid WR core but with Mike Wallace its a special WR core......I agree the defense needs to be addressed early in the draft....I agree safety and LB is big time needs.......But a NT is also a big need and you can never have enough corners......If Wallace is kept there is really no need to draft offense.....WR, OL, QB, TE all wouldn't be need......I could see another RB drafted in the later rounds just for depth/competition especially if Mendenhall isn't resigned........

Blazedby92
11-06-2012, 10:51 PM
The value of Wallace isn't just in the numbers but really how every other reciever on this team thrives off his speed that every defense has to account for, when the other recievers including miller is open underneath the safeties or wallace underneath his defense worried about his speed. There is more to this sport than numbers unless they want to play in the pro bowl

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

tburg68
11-06-2012, 10:54 PM

Keep being an idiot. I said that this offense is BETTER with Wallace. It ISN'T better without him, PERIOD. Now spin that anyway you want to douche.

Goodfrom55
11-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Of course the offense is better with him, but without him, it's not like the Steelers will go 6-10. I hope they can retain him, but realistically, I don't know how they will with Lewis, Mendenhall, Sanders, etc. up for new contracts.

elephantman
11-07-2012, 12:46 AM
all The Wallace "hate' question is , IS HE WORTH THE CAP HIT?? Not whwther he's a good or great WR

steelchamp204
11-07-2012, 02:31 AM
This is rediculous anymore with Wallace. Im just going to say this. This team is better with Wallace, they will be good without him if it happens. All I know is that if he goes to another team within the AFC, Im going to be pissed.

Wallace opens up the underneath for Brown/Heath/Sanders/Cotchey/Johson and company. Depending on what play it is, he can keep the extra guy out of the box. He is a threat. Also, none of us know how much he wants paid. I have never seen so much bashing of a player and it all comes down to because he held out and didnt show up for camp. People say "well, we were pissed because of how he ended the second half last year." Bullshit!

Big T
11-07-2012, 02:49 AM
This is rediculous anymore with Wallace. Im just going to say this. This team is better with Wallace, they will be good without him if it happens. All I know is that if he goes to another team within the AFC, Im going to be pissed.

Wallace opens up the underneath for Brown/Heath/Sanders/Cotchey/Johson and company. Depending on what play it is, he can keep the extra guy out of the box. He is a threat. Also, none of us know how much he wants paid. I have never seen so much bashing of a player and it all comes down to because he held out and didnt show up for camp. People say "well, we were pissed because of how he ended the second half last year." Bullshit!

This...

Real Deal Steel
11-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Their 1st 2 picks this upcoming draft, in no particular order should be OLB and SS.

What about DT and LB?? Not that I'm arguing with you I"m just asking where do these other two positions fall in your pecking order?

steelchamp204
11-07-2012, 02:07 PM
What about DT and LB?? Not that I'm arguing with you I"m just asking where do these other two positions fall in your pecking order?

I think McLendon ahs done a fine job backing up Hamp and when the time comes he will be a solid starter. Thats why I think personally we are fine at the NT position. Ta'amu will be getting some reps next season if he can keep his head clear and focus on playing ball. I think we go Safety/LB/LB/Corner/DL.

86WARD
11-07-2012, 03:57 PM

^^^WINNING ANSWER!!!

The bashing is ridiculous. He's on pace for more receptions than he's ever had...despite the "dropsies.". He's on pace for 10 TDs, his yardage will be down, but that's how the offense is going...

Goodfrom55
11-07-2012, 04:55 PM

Hey, even if you are arguing with me, that's cool; right wrong or indifferent, won't ba any name calling from me. Anyway..........

Based on how Harrison and Troy have been injury plagued, I would say finding their replacements should be paramount if the talent is there in this upcoming draft. The OLB talent pool is deep in this year's draft, so might be worth looking at. I would lump MLB in there if there is a stud out there (Mante Teo perhaps?). I agree we don't need DT depth...Between McClendon, Woods and if Tamu gets his head out of his a$$, steelers could draft DT/DE depth in later rounds. Might have to grab a WR also, but not urgent. . .and also depends if Wallace moves on or stays.

Real Deal Steel
11-07-2012, 05:11 PM

Well, let me start by saying that Wallace is responsible for what his agent says. Period. So..when his agent asked for the moon from the 49ers, it got out. Spin it anyway you want but that's what happened. So we DO know what he was asking for.

Second, our WR corps would thrive very well WITHOUT him. And based on weather they want to give him the money or not will prove it. If they think he's as irreplaceable as you say, then they'll pay him. If the front office feels they have other speedsters on the roster (and they do) that can do just as well, they'll let him walk.

Third, we live in a world where people don't want to be accountable for their actions. With that said:

1. It was Wallace's actions of dissapearing the second half of last season that started the negativity toward him.

2. It was Wallace's actions of holding out that also made everyone assess his value to the team.

3. It was Wallace's agent that asked for the moon from the 49ers.

At some point, you have to stop making excuses for a grown *** man and the actions that he does that brings criticism to him.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm not Wallace bashing. To say he isn't a good player is just flat out wrong. But to make these statements like our WR corps won't be successful without him is also wrong. We can live or live without him and still win Championships. He's not that important.

scudmissile29
11-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Well, let me start by saying that Wallace is responsible for what his agent says. Period. So..when his agent asked for the moon from the 49ers, it got out. Spin it anyway you want but that's what happened. So we DO know what he was asking for.

Second, our WR corps would thrive very well WITHOUT him. And based on weather they want to give him the money or not will prove it. If they think he's as irreplaceable as you say, then they'll pay him. If the front office feels they have other speedsters on the roster (and they do) that can do just as well, they'll let him walk.

Third, we live in a world where people don't want to be accountable for their actions. With that said:

1. It was Wallace's actions of dissapearing the second half of last season that started the negativity toward him.

2. It was Wallace's actions of holding out that also made everyone assess his value to the team.

At some point, you have to stop making excuses for a grown *** man and the actions that he does that brings criticism to him.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm not Wallace bashing. To say he isn't a good player is just flat out wrong. But to make these statements like our WR corps won't be successful without him is also wrong. We can live or live without him and still win Championships. He's not that important.

this.

steelchamp204
11-08-2012, 03:25 AM

When did I ever say our WR's wouldnt be succesful if Wallace was not here?

1. With the hot first half that Wallace had, do you think defense's put there gameplan around him a little more? No matter how the end of the seaon was for Wallace, did he have a pretty good year? Yes.

2. Is Wallace worth more than $2.7 a year? Yes he is, not Fitz money, but maybe 8-9 mill a season. Did his absence from most of the offseason effect the team or him at all?No, he is second on the team with 5 td's only behind Heath.

3. If he does want Fitz money, you dont hear him bitching about it during the season, this whole contract situation could be a total mess right now if Wallace wanted to be a dick. He could have a huge game and say "this is why I want paid". Every week he does his job and you dont hear a peep out of him being butthurt because he didnt get paid this offseason. Wallace doesnt complain if he isnt targeted enough. For a guy who wants "Fitz" money, it sure doesnt look like he isnt bothered this season by not receiving a new contract.

Hell, someone said after the Giants game " did you see Wallace's inability to weave through traffic on that bubble screen to the outside? I guees that is what it has come down to, thats why this whole thing is sickening. I guees everyone missed him run a SLANT and just outrun everyone for a TD. For Mike not being as elusive as Brown is, he sure does find the endzone. Last time I checked, points win Ballgames.

I respect your opinion and in anyway not trying to start an argument here, but all this Wallace stuff is getting old. If Tomlin didnt say Wallace was a "one trick pony" then people wouldnt really of had a place to start on Wallace about. Then it turned into "well, he cant run routes." Lets see how the rest of this season plays out, remember with Haley, he is not as vertical as BA was. Lets see what happens here in a couple weeks once we start doing more play action, with the run game starting to really get ahead of steam.

As for AB and some people here. He is some sort of God. Our offense looked pretty damn good without AB in there also. He can be replaced just as easily as some people think Wallace can be replaced. I love AB, but this whole Wallace/AB, Wallace/Contract, Wallace/Fitz, Wallace/Drop, Wallace/let him go. Just enjoy the ****ing offense, I remember when all we did was run,run pass and couldnt wait to get some explosive receivers for Ben, now all of a sudden..............:evilshake:

Trosk
11-08-2012, 04:20 AM
I am new here and in this thread & I MAY have skipped some pages... It's my first post here... (this is me waving HIYA).

I joined because I wanted to bitch about Wallace's dropped passes, but as a geek I read and learn and most importantly think.

As Steeler fans we are used to the unsung hero, the guy who gets no recognition but makes the play happen. Yes of course from the WR position it's Hines Ward we think of as a "STEELER", true to the bone a hard a$$ MF Player.
It's why we love AB, hell our best cb back in the day (80's-90's day(s)) was also our best return guy (guess who :) ) ... Few starters get that job anymore as they are specialized and don't want to risk that player on special teams.

Let's face it "Dink-n-Dunk" is Haley's version of Bill Walsh's version of the West Coast Offense featuring Jerry Rice and some QB,(it didn't matter which one). This was to protect the QB (RB) and keep the linebackers in short coverage instead of attacking or to default a blitz then open up the running game.
Defenses have changed and cover 2 is the most dominant and helps defeat the west coast offense and long passing games in theory and on the field

Here's the point.

Wallace is the #1 WR, gets double coverage, his abilities merit it, despite his lockout and our dislike of it.
QB looks through their progressions and find someone open, period. Why were they open? why did that pass get there to that guy I don't have on my fantasy football team?

Football is a chess match and we are only half way there, eventually the field will be stretched by you know who and who gets the coverage.
A WR is only good as the system and who it faces and who and and and...
A case of the dropsies, horrible to watch, almost lady like by hearing footsteps....Not "Steeler" typical and it sucks.
As long as someone is catching passes or running hella yards because of him, I don't care if he has another td, his speed is respected and once he gets his mojo back or taught to him, the Steelers will thrive. He's not an elite right now or ever will be, he just makes it work.

Real Deal Steel
11-08-2012, 07:20 AM
thank you. well said.

SnakeEyes43
11-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Just enjoy this year, that's all you can really do. Everyone seems to have their own opinion on this subject, but it's just starting to get tiresome. We have the WR core together now, and we all have zero control over what happens in the future. Just sit back, click on the game, crack a beer, and enjoy yourself. Go Steelers.

Stone
11-09-2012, 03:07 PM
If you charted his game by game stats, his production on it's way down, would intersect with his drops on the way up, to make for a very tall graph chart.

After teams figured out how to defend him, he has been average. He fits in the Vick category for me.....exciting but not reliable.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-09-2012, 04:46 PM
If you charted his game by game stats, his production on it's way down, would intersect with his drops on the way up, to make for a very tall graph chart.

After teams figured out how to defend him, he has been average. He fits in the Vick category for me.....exciting but not reliable.

Production way down?....Through 8 games this season Wallace is on pace for 78 catches which would be a career high for him.......He is also on pace for 10 TD's which would tie his career high.......He is only on pace for 1,050 yards which would be third lowest of his four year career.....I'm puzzled on why you said his production is down?......lol

86WARD
11-09-2012, 11:24 PM
When did I ever say our WR's wouldnt be succesful if Wallace was not here?

1. With the hot first half that Wallace had, do you think defense's put there gameplan around him a little more? No matter how the end of the seaon was for Wallace, did he have a pretty good year? Yes.

2. Is Wallace worth more than $2.7 a year? Yes he is, not Fitz money, but maybe 8-9 mill a season. Did his absence from most of the offseason effect the team or him at all?No, he is second on the team with 5 td's only behind Heath.

3. If he does want Fitz money, you dont hear him bitching about it during the season, this whole contract situation could be a total mess right now if Wallace wanted to be a dick. He could have a huge game and say "this is why I want paid". Every week he does his job and you dont hear a peep out of him being butthurt because he didnt get paid this offseason. Wallace doesnt complain if he isnt targeted enough. For a guy who wants "Fitz" money, it sure doesnt look like he isnt bothered this season by not receiving a new contract.

Hell, someone said after the Giants game " did you see Wallace's inability to weave through traffic on that bubble screen to the outside? I guees that is what it has come down to, thats why this whole thing is sickening. I guees everyone missed him run a SLANT and just outrun everyone for a TD. For Mike not being as elusive as Brown is, he sure does find the endzone. Last time I checked, points win Ballgames.

I respect your opinion and in anyway not trying to start an argument here, but all this Wallace stuff is getting old. If Tomlin didnt say Wallace was a "one trick pony" then people wouldnt really of had a place to start on Wallace about. Then it turned into "well, he cant run routes." Lets see how the rest of this season plays out, remember with Haley, he is not as vertical as BA was. Lets see what happens here in a couple weeks once we start doing more play action, with the run game starting to really get ahead of steam.

As for AB and some people here. He is some sort of God. Our offense looked pretty damn good without AB in there also. He can be replaced just as easily as some people think Wallace can be replaced. I love AB, but this whole Wallace/AB, Wallace/Contract, Wallace/Fitz, Wallace/Drop, Wallace/let him go. Just enjoy the ****ing offense, I remember when all we did was run,run pass and couldnt wait to get some explosive receivers for Ben, now all of a sudden..............:evilshake:

Well said.