PDA

View Full Version : 400/596, 4,406 yards, 32 TD, 8 INT

DBR96A
11-05-2012, 07:34 AM
Now that we're halfway through the season, that's what you get when you double Ben Roethlisberger's current stat line.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Ben is having an incredible season....Just think how much better those numbers would be if Haley started mixing some play-action deep to Wallace more often?.........

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Im ok with the lack of going deep to Wallace right now. We're moving the ball well, scoring when we need to for the most part and we've won 3 in a row. I think more deep balls will come in time but if you look at how well guys like Heath, AB, and Sanders are taking the intermediate passes and making big gainers from them.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Im ok with the lack of going deep to Wallace right now. We're moving the ball well, scoring when we need to for the most part and we've won 3 in a row. I think more deep balls will come in time but if you look at how well guys like Heath, AB, and Sanders are taking the intermediate passes and making big gainers from them.

Yea but a threat of deep ball once awhile makes those other targets even more dangerous......BRC I still think this offense should be scoring more since they do have the talent.....But they're winning so no complaints from me right now.....

Rhyno
11-05-2012, 01:45 PM

This. Haley knows what he is doing and they are becoming a dominant team because of it. The long balls will come with time, but they are obviously not necessary right now.

steelchamp204
11-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Anyone see Jaworski's face when Hoge said Ben ws number 2 qb in the league. No matter what Ben does he will never be elite to alot of people.

Ben is top 3 easily so far this year.

Stone
11-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Ben is having an incredible season....Just think how much better those numbers would be if Haley started mixing some play-action deep to Wallace more often?.........

I wonder if the Steelers may have told Wallace "you show us that you can succeed at things other than outrunning people and we'll give you the money you want"

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2012, 01:53 PM
I wonder if the Steelers may have told Wallace "you show us that you can succeed at things other than outrunning people and we'll give you the money you want"

Mike Wallace has 29 career TD's in 3.5 seasons......PAY THE MAN

tburg68
11-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Mike Wallace is STILL the best WR on the team. I guarantee Ben is happy to have him. I love AB, but the offense did just fine with Cotch replacing him.

Raleigh Steel
11-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Anyone see Jaworski's face when Hoge said Ben ws number 2 qb in the league. No matter what Ben does he will never be elite to alot of people.

Ben is top 3 easily so far this year.

i don't know about this, there has been tons of talk about ben being elite. more than i've ever heard before. mike and mike talk about it almost daily. they were interviewing brian billick and asked him if ben was a top 5 elite qb. billick said, when does elite mean he has to be top 5? there are 6 truly elite QB's right now, and matt ryan, while not elite yet, is knocking on the door this year with his play.

at any time, ben can be anywhere between 2 and 6. right now, i'd say he's 3 behind rodgers and peyton.

but make no mistake, ben is elite, and the league and media are taking notice!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2012, 02:04 PM
i don't know about this, there has been tons of talk about ben being elite. more than i've ever heard before. mike and mike talk about it almost daily. they were interviewing brian billick and asked him if ben was a top 5 elite qb. billick said, when does elite mean he has to be top 5? there are 6 truly elite QB's right now, and matt ryan, while not elite yet, is knocking on the door this year with his play.

at any time, ben can be anywhere between 2 and 6. right now, i'd say he's 3 behind rodgers and peyton.

I think he is referring to more of when Jaworski listed his QB ranking in the off-season and he had Ben at 6 and said Ben was on the cusp of being elite......Don't know how much more Ben has to accomplish for Ben to be elite in Jaw's eyes?.......

LarryNJ
11-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Jaw's has that Philly envy of Pittsburgh. They will never admit it but they wish all their teams wore black & gold. (except for the Phillies) :lol:

steelchamp204
11-05-2012, 03:51 PM

What I mean RS is that Ben does not get the respect he deserves. He has two rings. He is just now starting to be put up there with Brady,Manning,Rodgers,Brees. He should have been in that category a long time ago. I think they are now starting to take notice because of Haley's offense/system. It puts up numbers for Bens stats. All the guy does is win. People bring up the argument this year for Rodgers because his Offense line is horrible............Ben has been dealing with that for YEARS!! Noone made excuses for him, they just went to the class of "well Ben isn't in the Manning,Brady,Brees class yet". Ben can have a lights out year this season, but wont even be close to winning the Mvp because of all the incidents he has been through.

Matt Ryan being "elite" is a joke, maybe when he wins a few playoff games first. Thats my opinion. Matt Ryan can go 16-0 and lose a playoff game, he still wouldnt be elite in my book. Just my opinion. I feel about Matt Ryan of the way that Black@Gold 4ever32 feels about Flucco

LatrobePA
11-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Atl is gonna lose when it hurts the most!

Raleigh Steel
11-05-2012, 04:57 PM
What I mean RS is that Ben does not get the respect he deserves. He has two rings. He is just now starting to be put up there with Brady,Manning,Rodgers,Brees. He should have been in that category a long time ago. I think they are now starting to take notice because of Haley's offense/system. It puts up numbers for Bens stats. All the guy does is win. People bring up the argument this year for Rodgers because his Offense line is horrible............Ben has been dealing with that for YEARS!! Noone made excuses for him, they just went to the class of "well Ben isn't in the Manning,Brady,Brees class yet". Ben can have a lights out year this season, but wont even be close to winning the Mvp because of all the incidents he has been through.

Matt Ryan being "elite" is a joke, maybe when he wins a few playoff games first. Thats my opinion. Matt Ryan can go 16-0 and lose a playoff game, he still wouldnt be elite in my book. Just my opinion. I feel about Matt Ryan of the way that Black@Gold 4ever32 feels about Flucco

I get that, but Ben has always been put into the conversation as the ringo Starr of the group. He's not the prototypical QB, and in a fantasy league driven world, he doesn't have the stats as a Brady or Bree's. but he does have the wins and the rings and that's why he's been on that elite list. But this year he's been getting a ton of love from the media. And it's about time. He probably would have gotta a lot more love in years past if he wasn't saddled with the Arians abortion playbook.

But in the end, does he really need the love? I don't need the media showering him with praise, although its nice to hear. I just need him to keep winning!

nick5574
11-05-2012, 05:01 PM
It seems like the media looks too much at stats to determine who is elite. I would rather have Ben over many QBs that are considered elite because if the game is on the line and the Steelers need a score (or more recently a drive to seal it) Ben is one of the best out there. Even if his numbers are low for a whole game he always seems to be able to turn it on when it really matters.

DBR96A
11-05-2012, 06:20 PM
I think they are now starting to take notice because of Haley's offense/system. It puts up numbers for Bens stats.

Pretty soon, people will start giving all the credit to the running game.

steelchamp204
11-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Pretty soon, people will start giving all the credit to the running game.

Yep, it never fails.