PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clarks phantom helmet to helmet worked out in the end

CowherPower
11-04-2012, 09:57 PM
I know the Steeler Nation was screaming our ever loving brains out when Clark was called for that phantom helmet to helmet hit on Victor Cruz in the end zone. Anybody with half of a brain could see it was shoulder to ribs, shoulder to shoulder at best. Clearly a call based on Clark's reputation rather than what actually happened on the field.

Even though that call was atrocious it worked out in the end because Cruz was not the same player the rest of the game. He was clearly hearing footsteps the rest of the nights, and getting frustrated. Calling for the flag on every pass that came his way is a clear sign of not only a whiner in general but also a frustrated player who's looking to get hit again.

That's Steeler football right there, I'll take that call if we have too if it affects the receiver in that manner.

terrible.towel43
11-04-2012, 10:04 PM
The thing is we should be able to strike fear in our opponents without being penalized. I understand the point you are making and I agree with you, however that should not be flagged and we should be able to make opposing WR's nervous without getting flagged

LatrobePA
11-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Some bad sympathy calls today, shame on the NFL!

Farrior Fan
11-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Troy even got a flag in the second quarter!

SnakeEyes43
11-04-2012, 10:16 PM
I was so mad at the refs, but yes, it was worth it in the end. Cruz wasn't the same after that. I f'n love Clark!

LatrobePA
11-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Cruz is a sissy!

tburg68
11-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Even though that call was atrocious it worked out in the end because Cruz was not the same player the rest of the game. He was clearly hearing footsteps the rest of the nights, and getting frustrated. Calling for the flag on every pass that came his way is a clear sign of not only a whiner in general but also a frustrated player who's looking to get hit again.

All of the above would have still happened without a wrong flag being thrown. This was a completely legal hit.

coldrolled
11-05-2012, 08:38 AM
He is a steeler, i wonder how much he will pay for it.. Goodell will charge him.