PDA

View Full Version : Huge win today over the Giants sets the Steelers up great going forward...

Troyisabeast_43
11-04-2012, 08:35 PM
I cannot even begin to tell you how absolutely huge this win was for the Steelers to get moving forward here for the stretch run the rest of the season. And even though it sucks that the Ravens did end up coming back and winning against the Browns today it now sets up the Steelers game against the Ravens 2 weeks from tonight at Heinz Field. You gotta believe next week that both the Steelers and the Ravens will both win their games. The Steelers of course host the pathetic Chiefs at home on Monday night football, and the Ravens play the Oakland Raiders in Baltimore. So I expect the Steelers to be 6-3 and the Ravens to be 7-2 going into their showdown at Heinz Field in 2 weeks. Which would then mean if the Steelers beat the Ravens that night they would jump into 1st place as a result of beating the Ravens head to head.

Not only did the Steelers position themselves to overtake the Ravens in a few weeks they also put themselves in good shape as far as getting a few more games up on potential wildcard teams. The Bengals,Bills,Raiders,Jets, Titans,and Dolphins all lost today and the Steelers now with the exception of the Dolphins and the Chargers who won on Thursday night have a 2 game lead over all of those teams The Dolphins and Chargers are 4-4. But you have to now like the Steelers chances to get to 6-3 next week with the Chiefs coming in who have yet to have a single lead in any game so far this season. The Ravens right now seem to be going backwards and not looking that good while the Steelers seem to be peaking and playing better and better each week and they are not even fully healthy yet.

This was a huge huge signature win today for the Steelers and it really is going to put the Ravens and their fans on notice when they come in here in a few weeks that things are going to be much different then they were last year when they came in here and won and swept the Steelers. An absolutely great win today overcoming all the tough circumstances with the refs and the injuries and the travel issues to go into New York and knock off the Super Bowl champs. This win I really believe is going to begin the start of something potentially big for the rest of the season. Nonetheless, the Steelers have now with this win tonight put themselves in prime position to overtake the Ravens if they win that game against them here at Heinz Field in 2 weeks.

steelersbabex25
11-04-2012, 08:37 PM
I cannot even begin to tell you how absolutely huge this win was for the Steelers

...and then you tell us :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-04-2012, 08:38 PM
So huge and I'm really proud of this damn team.....So many injuries and they just keep plugging away.......This team really should be 7-1 but oh well I'll take 5-3......Just have to beat those Ratbirds.....

coldrolled
11-04-2012, 09:31 PM
TOP 35 - 25.. Offense ends the game on top...

YES!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Im so proud of this team responding the way they did. Injury after injury, bad start and all and now they are rolling. Can't take those Chiefs for granted but things are working out nicely so far. We are clearly on the rise and the Ratbirds pulled one out of their ***. Had the Browns shown any ability to score they could have won that game today.

I am fully admitting that when they were 2-2 things were looking bleak as all hell and I was beyond disgusted with their play... but after 3 wins in a row it's clear they are able to overcome the adversity they could not earlier in the year.

terrible.towel43
11-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Massive win. We had a good chance to be 2 games back of the ravens after today, but a huge road win against the toughest team we will have to face this season. They way our schedule looks we have a great chance to go 6-2 or 7-1 the rest of the way. Even 8-0 is possible if they play like they have the last 3 weeks, but I won't get carried away.
I also thought playoffs were a long shot when we were at 2-3 but the way things are shaping up we have a great chance to win the division or at least a postseason birth