PDA

View Full Version : Ben and the offence closing out games

terrible.towel43
11-04-2012, 07:58 PM
A couple of our losses this season were because of late game winning drives by the other team (Oakland, Tenn). We had leads and the ball late in the game but the offence wasn't quite able to put them away.
In our last 3 games we've seen Ben and the offence take charge and close out the games. Cincy it took 3 tries, but last week against washington and today against the Giants the offence was able to move the ball and run the clock out to secure the victory. This is a huge improvement we are seeing and something we've been needing to see from our offence

Farrior Fan
11-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Our O line has finally looked good, and the running game is working. I guarandamntee ya that if we had BA we would be 3-5 at best

Troyisabeast_43
11-04-2012, 08:48 PM
I loved how Ben converted the 3rd down play to Sanders and the Steelers went for the kill and didnt **** around. That 4th quarter was absolutely awesome. All 3 phases stepped up big time and played championship type football in that 4th quarter.

jpele
11-04-2012, 09:00 PM
What everyone forgets is , this is a new offenseive game plan and once again we have to overcome oline injuries. Yes it was embarressing to lose to the Raiders and Titans but everything is starting to gel and come together.

I was on the fire this coach and that coach but change takes time, as we gel and get healthy we'll be shocked at where this team can go.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2012, 09:18 PM
It's been Ben making good throws but man the run game is just so huge in those situations. When you can run it makes closing out the game so much easier. Redman and Dwyer have been money in that role.

It's nice too see both the offense and defense step up late.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Our O line has finally looked good, and the running game is working. I guarandamntee ya that if we had BA we would be 3-5 at best

You mean the same BA who is guiding the 5-3 Colts right now....lol

SnakeEyes43
11-04-2012, 09:43 PM

F' BA. They are playing for Pagano, showing a lot of heart. That speech he gave after the game was amazing.

LarryNJ
11-04-2012, 11:13 PM

Who's QB broke the record for passing yards by a rookie today. :lol:

terrible.towel43
11-04-2012, 11:35 PM
BA has done an excellent job so far this year in Indy but I don't think any steeler fan can say our offence was better under his system than it is now with Haley's. Our offence is better than it's been in a looong time

Black@Gold Forever32
11-04-2012, 11:40 PM
The continued knocks on BA just amuse me.....He wasn't the greatest OC in the world but he did some good things as Steelers OC......BA deserves some credit in Ben's development as a QB and even Luck........Just letting Luck run that entire offense is smart on BA's part........Of course the Colts are playing for their HC who is recovering from cancer but still Luck has really took off since BA took over as HC.......

DBR96A
11-05-2012, 12:39 AM
Who's QB broke the record for passing yards by a rookie today. :lol:

And only two TD passes, which sounds about right for the Arians offense (~200 passing yards for every TD pass).

coldrolled
11-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Dont forget they have to start playing good teams the last half.

coldrolled
11-05-2012, 08:04 AM
and they are the only team with -32 net points with a winning record... the schedule will bury them now.

teeceemadison
11-05-2012, 08:35 AM
exactly, crap team last year, soft schedule so far this year......that's a recipe for early overrated success.....

scudmissile29
11-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Arians wasn't that bad of an OC but he was an idiot.

I'm glad things worked out for us and him.