PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Win Over Jints Best of Season

steelspikes
11-04-2012, 08:45 PM
For numerous reasons this Steeler win the best of 2012:

1. On the road
2. Overcame early deficit and horrendous officiating that basically gave NY 14 pts.
3. All three phases--Offense, Defese, and Special Teams stepped up

Feel free to add more reasons if you agree this win the best of the year.

steelersbabex25
11-04-2012, 08:46 PM
4. Injuries didn't matter at all. The entire team stepped up.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-04-2012, 08:50 PM
It was a very nice team win and I'm very happy with how the defense played....Really the past few weeks....Still not getting a ton of sacks and turn overs but the old man has the guys playing well......I eat some crow...lol

terrible.towel43
11-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Best win of the year by far agreed. They beat a Super Bowl contender on the road. The horrible officiating begged the giants to win this game and we overcame adversity and still won. We could have won this game by 20 points. We just put ourselves on the map for a SB contender

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Burman and crew said it "Best team in the NFL". Do you believe it?

steelersbabex25
11-04-2012, 08:54 PM
5. No prevent defense at the end

coach
11-04-2012, 08:56 PM
For me:
1. Team overcame adversity (refs sucked today)
2. Team overcame significant injures of epic porportions at key positions
3. Team put together a running game with the injuries on OL and RBs
4. I actually started to doubt that we had a chnace to win the division, but our game and the rats game (they looked terrible) have renewed my hope.

When the team is healthy (whenever that could possibly be) they will be a force.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-04-2012, 08:58 PM
The refs were trying to toss this game. IMO>

Farrior Fan
11-04-2012, 09:16 PM
The refs were trying to toss this game. IMO>

Opinions are when some people think one thing and some think another way. I doubt anyone with eyesight better than Stevie Wonder would argue with you on this FACT.

SteelerCountry58
11-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Made my week thats for damn sure. Always great to shut up New York jagoffs!:tt02:

BLACKandGOLD
11-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Another huge reason is because we overcame so absolutely awful officiating. The NFL should be ashamed at the calls that that crew made...

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Better. Best Nov 18 at 08:20 PM

Goodfrom55
11-05-2012, 11:09 AM
It was a very nice team win and I'm very happy with how the defense played....Really the past few weeks....Still not getting a ton of sacks and turn overs but the old man has the guys playing well......I eat some crow...lol

IMO, sacks are overrated. It's the pressure on a QB in the pocket which truly made a difference today. Manning wasn't able to step into too many passes yesterday. Anytime you can hit the QB, obviously you have to blast him, but pressure are good too.

I said Dick LeBeau should get the game ball yesterday. Called a good game and I like the way the CB's playing more aggressively over the course of this winning streak.

steelspikes
11-05-2012, 11:23 AM
5. No prevent defense at the end

Great point, babex25, loved the aggressiveness. DL wasn't gonna let Eli work his 4th quarter magic.

steelspikes
11-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Another huge reason is because we overcame so absolutely awful officiating. The NFL should be ashamed at the calls that that crew made... Yea, I listed the horrible calls..so bad I turned the game off for a while. Looked like a "fix" was in; we all know Goodell hates the Steelers.

steelspikes
11-05-2012, 11:32 AM
IMO, sacks are overrated. It's the pressure on a QB in the pocket which truly made a difference today. Manning wasn't able to step into too many passes yesterday. Anytime you can hit the QB, obviously you have to blast him, but pressure are good too.

I said Dick LeBeau should get the game ball yesterday. Called a good game and I like the way the CB's playing more aggressively over the course of this winning streak.
Thanks for comment. Though I was out in front on the Dump BA Bandwagon (and will never regret it!), I never jumped on the Dump DL Bandwagon ( and never will). Gotta love the stepped-up play of Keenan Lewis. Could see game balls going to O-line, too.

steelspikes
11-05-2012, 11:37 AM
For me:
1. Team overcame adversity (refs sucked today)
2. Team overcame significant injures of epic porportions at key positions
3. Team put together a running game with the injuries on OL and RBs
4. I actually started to doubt that we had a chnace to win the division, but our game and the rats game (they looked terrible) have renewed my hope.

When the team is healthy (whenever that could possibly be) they will be a force.

Excellent point on overcoming injuries; it's a hallmark of MT that the next man up is ready to come in and "play to the standard."

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2012, 11:52 AM

I agree the pressure was better yesterday but still you have to admit the pressure still isn't there on a consistent basis.....Not the type of pressure what were use to seeing from Dick LeBeau type defenses.....But I can't complain about the defense the past few weeks.....The passing defense has been amazing and to hold Eli/his WR's to that low of yardage is impressive........Dick called a great game....I just wish he would have called that same type of game vs the Titans.....lol