PDA

View Full Version : Redman lovers and doubters unite!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2012, 08:38 PM
A bit tongue and cheek I know, but half of us were doubters and half of us were believers. No matter what side of the fence you are/were on, he was the player of the game in the win tonight. No question about it, he refused to go down, and considering Rainey left he had to step up and have the game of his life.

26 rushes, 147 yds, 1 TD.

First time the Steelers have had back to back to back 100 yd + rushing games since Fast Willie.

steelersbabex25
11-04-2012, 08:39 PM
HAHA KTRAIN.

......ahem.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2012, 08:40 PM
I knew Babe would be the first to reply..LOL. I give you all the props in the world girl, sticking by Redman. I had my doubts that he could stay healthy enough to do anything but he was in beast mode tonight.

steelersbabex25
11-04-2012, 08:42 PM
I knew Babe would be the first to reply..LOL. I give you all the props in the world girl, sticking by Redman. I had my doubts that he could stay healthy enough to do anything but he was in beast mode tonight.

It's because I'm stubborn :lol:

Redman is something special given the right circumstances (i.e a not completely awful offensive line). I've thought it from the beginning.

Big T
11-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Everyone knows where I stand on Redman... But the man played a hell of a game.

Props given.

LatrobePA
11-04-2012, 08:45 PM
He could of had a better game...

Hahahahahahahahaha

Raleigh Steel
11-04-2012, 08:46 PM
not taking anything away from him but this was his first good game this year. And it was a fantastic game. He does have a role on this team for sure. Hell, if he can duplicate this day, he and Dwyer could be one hellava 1-2 punch!

Great game by red today...kudos

Black@Gold Forever32
11-04-2012, 08:46 PM
It's because I'm stubborn :lol:

Redman is something special given the right circumstances (i.e a not completely awful offensive line). I've thought it from the beginning.

Well his style was really the perfect fit to go against the Giants defense today....I made a comment about who would start at RB thread about Redman having a solid game against the Giants...I didn't think he would have the 140 on the ground....Great game by Redman.....I said last year that Rashard Mendenhall wouldn't receive contract number 2 from the Steelers and I stick by that.....Redman, Dwyer, Rainey and if the team wants to add another RB with a late pick next year then so be it....Its a shame about Rashard since I thought he would be something special coming out of college but there is no reason to keep him......

SuperSteelers
11-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Where has Redman been all season? Is he a one hit wonder? The jury is out on this guy.

steelersbabex25
11-04-2012, 08:56 PM
I will personally accept all props given to Redman via this thread.

steelersbabex25
11-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Where has Redman been all season? Is he a one hit wonder? The jury is out on this guy.

Injured. Or not starting.

scudmissile29
11-04-2012, 09:02 PM
I was always a Redman fan, since he scored that touchdown against the Ratbirds to give us that win in 2010 it was clear he fit our offense bouncing off tackles whilst Mendenhall laid back there wincing.

A dwyer-redman punch will be very effective.

TarlsQtr
11-04-2012, 09:24 PM

He was in the same place every running back was for the first 4-5 games, playing behind a bad OL. Then Mendy came back and had a good game. Then Dwyer had two. Now Redman. The difference is not the backs. It is the OL that has been MUCH better.

LarryNJ
11-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Cheers to the South Jersey boy!

jpele
11-04-2012, 09:41 PM
HAHA KTRAIN.

......ahem.

:plus1: Dwyer, Redman it doesn't matter, when the oline blocks I could gain yards. Redman is the man

drucifer
11-04-2012, 09:59 PM
:plus1: Dwyer, Redman it doesn't matter, when the oline blocks I could gain yards.

This is what I came in to say. Redman gets credit for driving the car, but the o-line paved the road.

LatrobePA
11-04-2012, 10:09 PM
How about we give some credit to the oline? Holes they're making I could run thru! Adams had one stinker sack but has been a bulldozer in the run game.

jpele
11-04-2012, 10:14 PM
How about we give some credit to the oline? Holes they're making I could run thru! Adams had one stinker sack but has been a bulldozer in the run game.

So when Dwyer is running the ball he's great, when it's Redman runs it's the oline. I get the Redman hater thought pattern. BT

W I gave the oline props today.

LatrobePA
11-04-2012, 10:17 PM
So when Dwyer is running the ball he's great, when it's Redman runs it's the oline. I get the Redman hater thought pattern. BT

W I gave the oline props today.

The o line has been money, and proved it tonight. Yea yea yea Redman had a great game! I'm happy for him and the team..

Show me one post where I was dangling off dwyers bag!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-04-2012, 10:27 PM
No doubt the OL is coming into its own....But the RB's are hitting the hole hard so that is a huge plus........Willie Colon is coming into his own at OG and has cut down on the penalties lately.....

tburg68
11-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Props to the Steelers third best RB.

Rhyno
11-04-2012, 10:35 PM
The O-Line is obviously playing better and better, but you can't take anything away from Redman. He ran extremely well and was good for positive yards when there were no holes to run through.

SnakeEyes43
11-04-2012, 10:41 PM
I'vs always liked him as a situational back, but didn't consider him a legit starter (i.e. someone who will have regular 1,000 yd seasons). He played with a lot of heart tonight and did a great job!

LatrobePA
11-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Props to the Steelers third best RB.

Ditto, I said earlier today Redman would be better in this game. He was!

jpele
11-04-2012, 11:53 PM
The o line has been money, and proved it tonight. Yea yea yea Redman had a great game! I'm happy for him and the team..

Show me one post where I was dangling off dwyers bag!

Not so much the dangling on Dwyer as dumping on Redman.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

LatrobePA
11-04-2012, 11:54 PM
Not so much the dangling on Dwyer as dumping on Redman.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Redman has made it easy for me to dump on him up until this game. But tonight I realized how well the line was playing...

Real Deal Steel
11-05-2012, 12:07 AM
I'm overjoyed that Redman played so great today. And this again is proof that when we run the ball, that is our identity. Not passing half a million times.

I still think that Dwyer is the better RB but it is very apparent we have two good guys in Dwyer and Redman and that we can utilize both going forward in tandem. The refs were trying their best to give the game to the Giants today but I'm glad we hung in there. Very proud of the effort I saw today.

steelersbabex25
11-05-2012, 09:56 AM
A lot of you are doing quite a bit of backtracking about our dear friend Redman :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2012, 10:06 AM
A lot of you are doing quite a bit of backtracking about our dear friend Redman :lol:

I stand by what I think of him he is a solid RB with a role on this team......I thought his style was perfect against the Giants defense but I still don't think Redman is 16 game starter......I'm not knocking him but he is what he is......I think going forward if the RB's ever are healthy the Steelers give the hot hand the most carries between Redman/Dwyer.......with some Rainey mixed in.......Really this is the norm for NFL teams anymore and there isn't many RB's that carry the load for a full 16 games these days......

Stairwayto7
11-05-2012, 12:02 PM
I was a believer then a doubter and now a believer once again. I still like Dwyer though and and Mendy has the most speed. I hoep Mendy can be some trade bait.

I will give props to the O-line, no matterwho goes in the holes are there. Still need some work but they are playing well. They gave up four sacks yesterday but the Giants D line is for real

TarlsQtr
11-05-2012, 12:05 PM
I hoep Mendy can be some trade bait.

The trade deadline has already passed and Mendy is a FA at season end. He is gone, IMO.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Trade deadline is passed and Rashard is a UFA next year.........

greg1964
11-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Redman is a short yardage and goal line back that could fill in when needed. Dwyer could be a starter, but dosn't have the endurance to be the starter: When Mendenhall is healthy he is the guy hands down this year.

greg1964
11-05-2012, 12:28 PM
If the question is: Is the Steelers running game BETTER with Mendenhall, the answer is YES
If the question is: Do I want Mendenhall to return the answer is YES.
If the question is will the Steelers survive without Mendenhall next year, the answer is YES.
If the question is: Out of the three current starter that will reach FA next year how should the Steeler resign and in which order, the answer is. K. Lewis, R. Mendenhall, and then M. Wallace

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Not a chance Mendenhall receives contract number 2 from the Steelers........No reason to keep him at all......Dwyer, Redman, Rainey, Batch all will be in the mix again next year....The Steelers can find a RB late in the draft to add to that mix.......RB is such a devalued position.......Let a team like the Cardinals sign Rashard.........

K Train
11-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Not a chance Mendenhall receives contract number 2 from the Steelers........No reason to keep him at all......Dwyer, Redman, Rainey, Batch all will be in the mix again next year....The Steelers can find a RB late in the draft to add to that mix.......RB is such a devalued position.......Let a team like the Cardinals sign Rashard.........

its becoming clear that the oline is dominating the ground game, id still like a game breaker at RB but damn they are making due with what they have. Haley <3

steelchamp204
11-05-2012, 01:21 PM
When Redman was the starter earlier this year, the Oline was not run blocking better than it is now. It is ALOT better than what it was earlier this year. I still say with Mendehall being injured and a healthy Dwyer, Dwyer should still get the nod with Red being the number 2 and Rainey/Batch being the 3 an 4. There was a big reason why earlier this season both Red and Dwyer were only getting about 2 yards per carry. Now with Pouncey healthty and Mike Adams being a better run blocker than Gilbert, the run game has improved. Also, props to Colon for bring back that nastiness to the Oline also.

Real Deal Steel
11-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Redman is a short yardage and goal line back that could fill in when needed. Dwyer could be a starter, but dosn't have the endurance to be the starter: When Mendenhall is healthy he is the guy hands down this year.

Don't know what you've been smoking but Mendy ISN'T the best runningback on this team. That belongs to Dwyer. No Fumbles from Dwyer, no dancing in the backfield from Dwyer, Dwyer hits the hole better. And Dwyer is the better RB to handle blitzers.

Mendy has one advantage and that is straight line speed. Straight line speed isn't enough. Go ask Emmit Smith.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2012, 01:59 PM
its becoming clear that the oline is dominating the ground game, id still like a game breaker at RB but damn they are making due with what they have. Haley <3

Of course the OL is doing a much better job and dominating the LOS and I do like a RB like Rashard Mendenhall's talent but at the sametime there isn't really a reason to resign him....Let some other team over pay for him......He won't get a king's ransom but I could see a team wanting to give Rashard more then the Steelers are willing to pay...Keeping Mike Wallace is a bigger priority then keeping Mendenhall.......

KemoTherapy
11-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Redman really brought his lunchbox and came to play. That the o-line is really killing it though is evidenced by the fact that even the midget Rainey was running effectively between the tackles when given a chance.

NorCalSteel
11-05-2012, 04:46 PM
A GREAT PROBLEM TO HAVE!!!!! Which 100 yard back to run with big props to the O-Line!!!

Real Deal Steel
11-05-2012, 04:54 PM
We could run them both and just hammer away.

If this team could get into that mindset of we are going to hammer away, and keep hammering then...BOOM!......playaction to Wallace or AB for a 50 yard TD. We would be feared throughout this league.

ChucktownSteeler
11-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Where's Lakelander?

Goodfrom55
11-05-2012, 07:35 PM
I admit prior to last night's game, he looked slow and just wasn't hitting the holes. He looked great last night, and if he gets the start again on Monday night, I hope it carries over. Again, they don't have to run for 150+, but they have to run the ball well enough that the defense has to respect the play fake.

tburg68
11-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Don't know what you've been smoking but Mendy ISN'T the best runningback on this team. That belongs to Dwyer. No Fumbles from Dwyer,

Just because you say it, doesn't make it true. One fumble each this year, hardly a huge problem from either, but Mendenhall doesn't have a history of being a fumbler.