PDA

View Full Version : Could the officials have been any worse??!!

Stone
11-04-2012, 07:23 PM
WOW! The refs have spotted the Giants 14 points! **** Hurricane Sandy......this is the NFL!

Cruz faked an injury.

Lewis is playing a great game and being scapegoated!

Wallace SUCKS! He is definitely a one trick pony!

Can you tell I am drunk and PISSED!

Big T
11-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Ya that Mike Wallace guy is horrible. That one trick pony can only run go routes ;)

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2012, 08:36 PM
That was the worst officiated game I've seen in awhile. Leavy made the replacements look good!

Im not sure what was worse, the missed calls or the phantom calls they did they make.

steelersbabex25
11-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Can't wait to watch ESPN tomorrow and hear what all the analysts have to say..

chaser915
11-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Ya that Mike Wallace guy is horrible. That one trick pony can only run go routes ;)

I am new so I cant start a post. I never thought I would say this but congrats to the Steelers for this win. The way the officials handled this game was an absolute disgrace. There is no other way to put it, this was as bad as it gets. Great job by your team overcoming the nonsense brought on the refs and staying focused. This must be a sweet win for you guys. (and ladies). Best to you.

steelersbabex25
11-04-2012, 08:45 PM
I am new so I cant start a post. I never thought I would say this but congrats to the Steelers for this win. The way the officials handled this game was an absolute disgrace. There is no other way to put it, this was as bad as it gets. Great job by your team overcoming the nonsense brought on the refs and staying focused. This must be a sweet win for you guys. (and ladies). Best to you.

Just out of curiosity, what's your team?

chaser915
11-04-2012, 08:46 PM
worst team in football....KC Chiefs :-(

Forged in Steel
11-04-2012, 08:48 PM
WOW! The refs have spotted the Giants 14 points! **** Hurricane Sandy......this is the NFL!

Just like how the league gave the Saints the Super Bowl after Hurricane Katrina. Basically the formula is: have major hurricane destroy city = automatic Super Bowl victory.

steelersbabex25
11-04-2012, 08:49 PM
worst team in football....KC Chiefs :-(

My apologies. Well we'll see you guys next week ;)

If you want, feel free to come back and talk about the game next week with us. We're generally friendly to visitors...unless you act like an *** :lol:

SuperSteelers
11-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Here we go. All the talking heads on the boob tube are making excuses for the Giants.

chaser915
11-04-2012, 08:52 PM
My apologies. Well we'll see you guys next week ;)

If you want, feel free to come back and talk about the game next week with us. We're generally friendly to visitors...unless you act like an *** :lol:

LOL...OK thanks. I am just very glad the Steelers pulled this one out. I was actually very much into this game after the string of bad calls. Take care and glad it had a happy ending.

Stone
11-04-2012, 09:01 PM

Exactly.....

If no-one touches him he is really good!

If there is no chance of a collision he is really good!

So, every once in a while he will look awesome, and then the rest of the time he will drop balls....he will fail to fight for contested passes .....he will shy away from contact.

He needs to man up!

Cocthery looked real good in his role though!

steelersbabex25
11-04-2012, 09:02 PM
I love Cotch. I think he should get more playing time than he does. Same goes for Sanders.

SteelerCountry58
11-04-2012, 09:10 PM
That Ref Leavy needs a bat across the face for that fiasco called game.
They tried their best to hand NY/NJ a sympathy for the storm game.
FU NFL! Sweet Victory for the Black and Gold baby!!
http://legendsrevealed.com/sports/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/rooney.jpg

Troyisabeast_43
11-04-2012, 09:11 PM
The Steelers had to overcome absolutely everything in this game to win. The refs were absolutely a disgrace and did everything they could do to give the Giants this game. It make this victory that much more sweeter. One of the best regular season victories in years for the Steelers by far....

Speeed
11-04-2012, 09:14 PM
He explains away every single miscall by the refs with double speak and irrelevant minutia. I can't stand him.

That Ref Leavy needs a bat across the face for that fiasco called game.
They tried their best to hand NY/NJ a sympathy for the storm game.
FU NFL! Sweet Victory for the Black and Gold baby!!
http://legendsrevealed.com/sports/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/rooney.jpg

TarlsQtr
11-04-2012, 09:21 PM
The refs worked hard and played to win today but the Steelers were just too much for them...

jpele
11-04-2012, 09:50 PM
It was merely coincidence that Roger Gotohell was at the game.

connecticutsteel
11-05-2012, 01:18 AM
Wallace is a good WR and his drop rate isn't that high

NYCsteelersfan
11-05-2012, 02:57 AM
Can't wait to watch ESPN tomorrow and hear what all the analysts have to say..

They'll say nothing or they'll just say what sports media always says about bad calls, which is exactly what most fans blindly regurgitate now: "bad calls are part of the game, but they balance out in the end."

What f%$king garbage. The level of game manipulation attempted by NFL officials (no doubt ordered by the NFL) over the last few years has gotten worse and worse. It's now to the point that officials can make a complete mockery of a game like they did today. It was so blatant today that it was like a pro wrestling match.

1. BS pass interference call on Lewis (even Simms the Steelers hater couldn't defend it)
2. BS illegal contact
3. BS TD call because he was down before he crossed the goal line.
4. BS fumble
5. BS no call on block in the back.

ChucktownSteeler
11-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Leavy was the official in SB that apologized after the game.

He had something to prove last night and he did.

He is a scumbag cheater.

Lunchbucket
11-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Mike Ditka said on' Mike and Mike in the morning',said he watched the Steeler- Giant game ,and said "It was the worst officiated game I've ever seen,if that was the replacement refs,we would be all over them." What do you guys think ?

BLACKandGOLD
11-05-2012, 09:34 AM
I agree! There were so many calls that I was just in arms about. The 2 pass interference calls against the Steelers, the personal foul call on Clark, the Giants touchdown, the fumble that should have been an incomplete pass, ....the list goes on

scudmissile29
11-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Bill Levy can't officiate properly - Super XL, this game lots of games.

There could of been an inside fix - who knows.

But the referees should get suspended for making big time mistakes - that fumble could of changed the game and it did to some extent.

LatrobePA
11-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Sympathy flags. I was afraid of this before the game and was shocked at how obvious these pricks made it.

Goodell hand picked these fools and shame on them all!!!

cbrunn
11-05-2012, 11:30 AM
I can understand Pass Interference because that's judgement calls ... and even Clark cause his reputation , even though that was a clean shot...

But I do not see that ball coming lose on that Fumble ... yes it moved but he still had possession until his arm was going forward

and all the Non Holding calls for James Harrison is getting Sickening

but the one that takes the cake ... BLIND SIDE BLOCKING on a kick return ???? wtf I've never heard that called in my life and that happens every single kick/punt return

LatrobePA
11-05-2012, 11:33 AM
The NY fans are fn garbage too! I seen full bags of stuff being thrown at Wallace on his TD...

Zachintosh66
11-05-2012, 11:39 AM
BLIND SIDE BLOCKING on a kick return

I think its a new rule... "for safety" but haven't seen it called yet

Harrison should had about 3 sacks minimum... cpl times the OT held so bad it spun James around. They decided to dbl team Woodly and hold Harrison all nite. lol

SnakeEyes43
11-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Harrison should had about 3 sacks minimum... cpl times the OT held so bad it spun James around. They decided to dbl team Woodly and hold Harrison all nite. lol

Saw that too, Harrison was literally being spun around!

TarlsQtr
11-05-2012, 11:42 AM
The replay rule needs to be changed.

Here is why. Keep in mind that I am not talking about the routine calls such as all turnovers and TDs being looked at in the booth. They should stay as is. However, I do not believe that the field refs should be doing the reviews, especially when it comes to rule interpretation. They should go straight to the league offices. They can talk to the ref through his earpiece (we have the technology), who can stay on the field. No more "Sorry we screwed up letters." No more 5 minute walks to the monitor-and then back- for the ref. Let the people who are most likely to get it right and ultimately responsible for the quality of the NFL officiating,those in NY, make the call. The rules are so convoluted now, no ref or coach can keep them straight. Simms got it wrong. Cowher got it wrong. The one who knows these rules the best, former head of officiating Mike Pereira, said the fumble call was BS.

TarlsQtr
11-05-2012, 11:45 AM
but the one that takes the cake ... BLIND SIDE BLOCKING on a kick return ???? wtf I've never heard that called in my life and that happens every single kick/punt return

I bet DeMarcus Van Dyke wishes he could get a no call like that. LOL