PDA

View Full Version : Giants 3 Safety defense vs Steelers receivers

CowherPower
11-01-2012, 06:54 PM
New York is planning on playing a secondary with 3 Safety's to combat not only Wallace, and Brown, and Sanders but also to keep an extra guy available in run support.

Do they double Wallace or AB?

This will also be a good test for Wallace to see how he can get separation against the Giants physical secondary.

I'm interested to see who they stick on Heath and how much they cheat up to stop Dwyer and whoever else plays at RB.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Real Deal Steel
11-01-2012, 07:14 PM
I would think that they double on Wallace and maybe AB. So I'm looking to see Miller and Sanders heavily involved to make them pay for doubling. But a steady dose of Dwyer will soften up things.

We need this game in the worse way. We need a quality win.

Big T
11-01-2012, 08:07 PM
They'd be absolutely idiotic to not have a safety help over Wallace at all times. Say what you want about him, but he's still the best deep threat in football.

Playing with an extra safety means one less linebacker. If it's true, looks like they aren't very concerned about us running the ball.

SnakeEyes43
11-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Maybe Dwyer will have another big game, if he's healthy. What's the status of the injury that took him out of the game last week? This scenario could set up Heath for a nice game as well.

Steeldriven
11-01-2012, 08:42 PM
The way Ben is spreading the ball around i don't think it will matter much as long as he's on top of his game. It's the defense i'm worried about...

Speeed
11-01-2012, 09:10 PM
The answer to that is Heath Miller. Set him up to block, shed a block, and run a short route for a quick reception while Wallace and crew drag some CB's deep. That is my layman's solution.

LarryNJ
11-01-2012, 11:17 PM
They'd be absolutely idiotic to not have a safety help over Wallace at all times. Say what you want about him, but he's still the best deep threat in football.

Playing with an extra safety means one less linebacker. If it's true, looks like they aren't very concerned about us running the ball.

I'd guess they are much more concerned with our passing game. They give up big passing plays on a regular basis and this is by far the best WR corp they have faced. Phillips and Rolle are expected to play but I don't think it's for sure.

If they can't get a pass rush, which like the Eagles has been sub par this year. We should have no problems scoring.

connecticutsteel
11-02-2012, 01:09 AM
If we can run to ball we can unleash hell on the giants

steelchamp204
11-02-2012, 01:25 AM
Run the damn thing then.

Zachintosh66
11-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Dwyer, Heath and everyones fav WR Screen will still open it up as long as Ben stays upright...

i actually really like our chances... if defense is playing like the last few weeks and not the first few, we are in there!

Secondary cant rely on drops tho... i think they are improving but still have further to go.

This could be a good old fashioned shoot out.

Real Deal Steel
11-02-2012, 10:51 AM
I just don't want to be one-demensional on offense. We need to run the ball well. It would be a dream scenario to just run the ball down their throats to the point that the Giants whole defensive plan goes out the window. Then hit them with the play-action pass.

BLACKandGOLD
11-03-2012, 01:16 PM
We're going to have to do it without Dwyer this week since he is being ruled doubtful. I think that Redman is perfectly capable of establishing the run though. He doesn't have the speed like Rainey but he is a power runner and I like that matchup against the Giants D

Goodfrom55
11-03-2012, 04:32 PM
The key here is keeping Ben upright and not running for his life. A good running game will slow down a pass rush everytime. Giants defensively are bend but don't break, especially in their secondary. I think with our Speedy 3 plus Heath, if they don't get to Ben, the Steelers will definitely put up 27 or more points. What also helps the Steelers in the run department is the Giants' MLB Chase Blackburn has been ruled out.

Goodfrom55
11-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Oh, and don't forget about Batch. This guy can also run.