PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical "Who do you trust?"

SnakeEyes43
11-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Just for a scenerio for fun:

In the last 2:00 of the Giants game, would you rather be watching our defense hold onto a lead, or watch Ben try to drive down the field for a game-winning TD?

I think the game will be very close, and given that our defense has failed twice this year in similar situations, I go with Ben.

elephantman
11-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Just for a scenerio for fun:

In the last 2:00 of the Giants game, would you rather be watching our defense hold onto a lead, or watch Ben try to drive down the field for a game-winning TD?

I think the game will be very close, and given that our defense has failed twice this year in similar situations, I go with Ben.

we cant stop carson palmer or matt hasselback, then we cant stop Eli

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2012, 01:20 PM
I want Ben on the field trying to drive down and win the game. Normally conventional logic tells me you want the lead and let your defense make a play. The only way I go with that thinking now is if the defense shows up that we saw the last 2 weeks. If it's the defense from the first 5 games then no way..LOL

Now the player I want handling the ball in that situation is Ben and Heath. No question.

SnakeEyes43
11-01-2012, 01:25 PM
The only way I go with that thinking now is if the defense shows up that we saw the last 2 weeks. If it's the defense from the first 5 games then no way..LOL

Now the player I want handling the ball in that situation is Ben and Heath. No question.

Agree on both accounts. Heath is money.

Raleigh Steel
11-01-2012, 01:50 PM
No brainer...I want Ben with the ball!

If this game is close, the team with the ball last wins...

terrible.towel43
11-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Ben without a second thought

aaronsmith91
11-01-2012, 04:22 PM
hmmmm i dunno, Ben had a chance to drive and win the game late against Denver, Oakalnd and the Titans and could not get it done

steelchamp204
11-01-2012, 04:26 PM
I would rather be up with 2 minutes left than be down with 2 minutes left.

LatrobePA
11-01-2012, 04:36 PM
hmmmm i dunno, Ben had a chance to drive and win the game late against Denver, Oakalnd and the Titans and could not get it done

This! Ben makes me nervous as hell!

BLACKandGOLD
11-01-2012, 04:58 PM
A few years ago it would have been a no-brainer to say the defense being out there to hold the other team but now its obviously Ben. He has showed us multiple times how capable he is of taking the team down the field when it counts the most to win a game, he has done it on the biggest stages.

Zachintosh66
11-02-2012, 10:31 AM
winners want the ball... Ben is a winner

LarryNJ
11-02-2012, 12:03 PM
It's hard to say they have both failed us. If it's 31-27 Giants I'd say I want Ben with the ball. If it's 13-10 I'd say I want the defense on the field.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-02-2012, 12:19 PM
You know what I'm sick of hearing how Ben didn't get the job done against the Titans late...Ben made a audible to the right call on 2 and 6 and if Batch would hit the hole he would have picked up the first down easily.........making Suisham's field goal try a lot easier........wish I had video but that hole was huge for Batch....I'm not blaming Batch since he really is so raw as a player but just saying the QB makes the right call and the RB just missed the hole......

Ben threw a pick six in Denver so no doubt that was on him.........The Oakland game come on guys Ben never should been in that situation in the first place since the offense did score 31 points and had a 10 point lead on the freaking Raiders....lol I view the Raiders game as team loss really......

SnakeEyes43
11-02-2012, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=Black@Gold Forever32;517616]You know what I'm sick of hearing how Ben didn't get the job done against the Titans late...[QUOTE]

When I think of the Titans and Raiders game, I just think of the defense and shake my head. I don't blame Ben at all, in either loss. Offense has put up big points every game, and eaten up the clock like crazy. In my opinion, the loses have all been on the defense, even the Denver game. Sure Ben threw a pick six at Mile High, but we also put up enough points to win, if our defense wasn't busy getting picked apart by Manning.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-02-2012, 01:11 PM
[QUOTE=Black@Gold Forever32;517616]You know what I'm sick of hearing how Ben didn't get the job done against the Titans late...[QUOTE]

When I think of the Titans and Raiders game, I just think of the defense and shake my head. I don't blame Ben at all, in either loss. Offense has put up big points every game, and eaten up the clock like crazy. In my opinion, the loses have all been on the defense, even the Denver game. Sure Ben threw a pick six at Mile High, but we also put up enough points to win, if our defense wasn't busy getting picked apart by Manning.

I agree trust me but Ben did throw the pick six against the Donkeys so its hard to go to bat for Ben on that one....lol I agree with the Raiders game since the offense put up more then enough points to win that football game.....

I think some fans don't factor in the Haley offense and the adjustments by the players that had to be made in the first half of the season.....The OL being in musical chairs again due to injury didn't help at times to.....I think the offense is really close to showing their full potential....I think in the 2nd half of the season if the OL can stay healthy then the offense should be a top five NFL unit.....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Ben has done enough in his career that I give him the benefit of the doubt most of the time when the game is on the line. yeah sometimes he'll toss that pick 6 like he did earlier this year but normally with the ball in his hands and time available on the clock I like his chances.

This offense has the firepower to be the most potent in team history, there is little doubt of that in my mind. There is just simply too much talent available, but they can never all get on the field at the same time. The OL is as much a skill position as anyone else when it comes right down to it; just stay healthy somehow, someway and anything is possible.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Ben has done enough in his career that I give him the benefit of the doubt most of the time when the game is on the line. yeah sometimes he'll toss that pick 6 like he did earlier this year but normally with the ball in his hands and time available on the clock I like his chances.

This offense has the firepower to be the most potent in team history, there is little doubt of that in my mind. There is just simply too much talent available, but they can never all get on the field at the same time. The OL is as much a skill position as anyone else when it comes right down to it; just stay healthy somehow, someway and anything is possible.

Wallace, Brown, Millers, Sanders, the RB's being a factor in the passing game so yea this Steelers offense could end being one of the best in team history.....The running game is back thanks to Dwyer.....Plus the OL opening up consistent holes has been a plus......Please keep Mike Adams at RT.... :) Ben really should have 4500 yards and 30+ TD at the end of the season.....