PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben vs Eli

SnakeEyes43
10-31-2012, 01:23 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/57999/let-the-debate-begin-eli-or-big-ben

Pretty good article comapring the two 2004 draftees. Between the two, they have accomplished some amazing things in the NFL in a relativley short amount of time.

I don't want to get into who is "better", but I thought this was a cool statistical breakdown of the two field generals that will take the field Sunday.

scudmissile29
10-31-2012, 01:30 PM
bens better.

eli sucks - check his stats. He's only decent when he gets to the playoffs.

What's good with that?

LatrobePA
10-31-2012, 01:50 PM
bens better.

eli sucks - check his stats. He's only decent when he gets to the playoffs.

What's good with that?

SB rings / MVP awards. Who doesn't want to go see Mickey Mouse??

Raleigh Steel
10-31-2012, 01:58 PM
If the game Sunday is close, which ever player has the ball last wins!

chisteeler
10-31-2012, 02:41 PM
Interesting/fun interview with Ben and Mike & Mike. Thought you might like to listen.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8575664

steelchamp204
10-31-2012, 03:01 PM
Steelers are going to spank the hell out of the Giants.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-31-2012, 04:43 PM
I really can't wait for this game........Ben is my guy but I do like Eli and think he is one of the best QB's in the NFL.....He beat the Pats and Marsha twice in the Super Bowl......The 2004 draft class could go down as one of the best in NFL history....Ben and Eli should make the Hall of Fame.......

I have bashed Rivers and Schaub much in the past but they're good NFL QBs....I just wouldn't put them in the same class as Ben or Eli......Of course if one of those two finally wins a ring then a that would improve their case to be in the same level as Ben and Eli......

LarryNJ
10-31-2012, 05:35 PM
Just think of the stories if they meet in a SB.

Eli and the Giants are the only team from NY that I have consistently rooted for. Partly because they have beat the Pats 2x in February and partly because it's fun to watch how pissed off Philly fans get when the Giants get SB wins. For years they have talked about Eli like many in Pittsburgh do about Flacco. After last years win that has died down he know gets respect.

Real Deal Steel
10-31-2012, 08:55 PM
Eli is like quiet Thunder. Unassuming...but has the heart of a killer. Especially in the 4th quarter.

Ben is never say die, and also looks to drive a dagger in your heart in the 4th quarter.

This is the classic game of whoever turns the ball over the most, will lose.

Must put atleast 4 TD's on the board in this game or it will be super dicey.

Steeldriven
11-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Eli is like quiet Thunder. Unassuming...but has the heart of a killer. Especially in the 4th quarter.

Ben is never say die, and also looks to drive a dagger in your heart in the 4th quarter.

This is the classic game of whoever turns the ball over the most, will lose.

Must put atleast 4 TD's on the board in this game or it will be super dicey.

You summed up my thoughts completely.

CowherPower
11-02-2012, 11:57 AM
These two are the best QB class to come out since Elway and Marino, no question about it in my mind. I often wonder how Rivers would have done had he been on a team that had any decent talent from one year to the next; not losing 6 games in a row all the time.

Eli is a master of the 4th quarter for sure, that dude has ice running through his veins when the game is on the line.

Ben will battle right to the very end, not afraid to take chances to make a big play.

These guys should be fun to watch, it's too bad they can't actually play against each other..LOL

Black@Gold Forever32
11-02-2012, 12:01 PM
These two are the best QB class to come out since Elway and Marino, no question about it in my mind. I often wonder how Rivers would have done had he been on a team that had any decent talent from one year to the next; not losing 6 games in a row all the time.

Eli is a master of the 4th quarter for sure, that dude has ice running through his veins when the game is on the line.

Ben will battle right to the very end, not afraid to take chances to make a big play.

These guys should be fun to watch, it's too bad they can't actually play against each other..LOL

If Rivers had decent talent around him?......I would say LaDanian Tomlinson, Antonio Gates in his prime, Vincent Jackson, is some very nice talent.........Rivers had players around him........Philip Rivers is the most over-rated QB in the NFL.........

LarryNJ
11-02-2012, 12:06 PM
If Rivers had decent talent around him?......I would say LaDanian Tomlinson, Antonio Gates in his prime, Vincent Jackson, is some very nice talent.........Rivers had players around him........Philip Rivers is the most over-rated QB in the NFL.........

yes he has had great talent. I wouldn't call him the most over rated because he very consistently put up numbers. But this year and last year he has gotten worse not better. Over rated now for sure.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-02-2012, 12:10 PM
yes he has had great talent. I wouldn't call him the most over rated because he very consistently put up numbers. But this year and last year he has gotten worse not better. Over rated now for sure.

I think he is a fraud and has no heart.......How many times will he just quickly thrown the ball into the ground and doesn't try at all to extend the play....I really don't care about numbers since Rivers never has won anything......Ben won early in his career but the so called experts said he didn't have the numbers but Ben has proven he could put up numbers as well with still winning another Super Bowl and getting to a third Super Bowl......

It wasn't to long ago that many so called experts said Rivers was the best of the 2004 draft class....Not so much now but only a few years ago.....lol I think its clear who is number 3 in that draft class and really if Rivers doesn't stop regressing he will be 4th behind Schaub.....lol

LarryNJ
11-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Good point. He never was 1 or 2 and he's 4th now. I'd take Schaub.