PDA

View Full Version : Do you take out Mike Adams when Gilbert returns?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-28-2012, 11:51 PM
The experience that Adams is getting right now is so valuable, and I hate to see him come out when Marcus Gilbert returns. I'm okay with giving him help on the right side because so far it's working and the offense is moving scoring points.

Gilbert has a future with the line either on the right or left side, and he's not playing that poorly but you have to pick your poison. Go back to experience or go with the youth?

Both guys seem to want to play LT, but so far their experience has been almost exclusively on the right.

SnakeEyes43
10-29-2012, 12:08 AM
Stick with Adams.

Big T
10-29-2012, 12:23 AM
Adams for sure. He's playing extremely well. Keep Adams in, have a nice backup at either tackle with Gilbert, and next season the coaching staff will have a nice problem trying to figure out which side each will play. I'm extremely optimistic about the future of this line.

steelchamp204
10-29-2012, 12:25 AM
You have to stay with Adams, he is showing alot of promise, and this being only his 2nd game he can only improve each week. He is a natural run blocker coming out of Oio State since the BIG TEN is a running conference for the majority. He will improve as a pass blocker with time. The only way to do that is with real game reps. His true test will be next sunday.

Real Deal Steel
10-29-2012, 12:28 AM
I say we go with Gilbert. Because I think we'll need the more experienced Gilbert down the line more so then anything else. Especially against the Ratbirds.

steelchamp204
10-29-2012, 12:29 AM
I say we go with Gilbert. Because I think we'll need the more experienced Gilbert down the line more so then anything else. Especially against the Ratbirds.

Is that you Tomlin?:lol:

Real Deal Steel
10-29-2012, 12:30 AM
What a minute! It's not like I'm going with the grizzled veteran. Gilbert's a second year guy.:)

steelchamp204
10-29-2012, 12:33 AM
I can see your point, as of now, Id like to see what Adams can do against the giants. The front 4 of the Giants is as good as it gets. If he does well next week and against the Ravens it would be hard to make a case for Gilbert to get his spot back.

cbrunn
10-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Short Answer ... who ever is performing you play ...

back to back 100 yrd rushers... w/ Dwyer and W. Adams starting ... you keep it ... Imagin that Right side if Decastro gets back ... Adams and Decastro can be monsters in the run game W/ Pouncey getting to the second LVL ... and Dwyer running the ball ... Oh My we might have something here fellas

Real Deal Steel
10-29-2012, 12:37 AM
True. Jason Pierre will be a good test for him.

Real Deal Steel
10-29-2012, 12:38 AM
Short Answer ... who ever is performing you play ...

back to back 100 yrd rushers... w/ Dwyer and W. Adams starting ... you keep it ... Imagin that Right side if Decastro gets back ... Adams and Decastro can be monsters in the run game W/ Pouncey getting to the second LVL ... and Dwyer running the ball ... Oh My we might have something here fellas

Please...don't get me that excited. My wife is out of town. :)

Nolrog
10-29-2012, 09:14 AM
Go back to experience or go with the youth?

That juts struck me as funny. Go with the grizzled veteran of 1 year or with the kid. Ha ha ha.

LatrobePA
10-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Adams all the way, and you stick with Dwyer and Mendy, Redman is now third string.