PDA

View Full Version : Getting pretty sick of AB's showboating..

steelersbabex25
10-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Don't get me wrong, he's an awesome receiver and works great on this team, but sheesh can't this kid have a little more class? He has to make a big deal out of every catch, showboats like he did today and costs the team yards, like c'mon man. Get the yards, but do it with a little integrity. Take some notes from someone like Heath Miller who has some class.

LatrobePA
10-28-2012, 11:17 PM
Pretty old! His garbage almost sparked a much closer game IMO!

jpele
10-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Amen, i love the guy but the showboating get under my skin.

cbrunn
10-28-2012, 11:27 PM
Oh No Not the Golden Child...:busted1:

How about do it like Mike Wallace ... Never see him Show Boating ...:stirpot::2guns:

LatrobePA
10-28-2012, 11:31 PM

How about do it like Mike Wallace ... Never see him Show Boating ...:stirpot::2guns:

Yea because he's too busy dropping balls!! Hahahahahaha lol

86WARD
10-28-2012, 11:36 PM

lol...

Was stupid, but I'll admit, I laughed...

terrible.towel43
10-28-2012, 11:42 PM
He was benched after this if I'm not mistaken. I don't remember seeing him on the field after that play.

cbrunn
10-28-2012, 11:49 PM
lol...

lol trying to start a war here

SnakeEyes43
10-28-2012, 11:55 PM
I hate when he gets up and flexes his little arms after every 8 yard catch.

LarryNJ
10-29-2012, 12:04 AM
To me that's the biggest problem with today's athletes in general. They showboat at the most inappropriate times. AB needs to tone it down a notch. Save it for the big plays.

steelersbabex25
10-29-2012, 12:21 AM
lol...

I thought it was funny too at the time. And then I was like...why did he do that.

Real Deal Steel
10-29-2012, 01:36 AM
I concur. Brown needs to shut his trap and just play.

Big T
10-29-2012, 01:44 AM
It's a problem with most players. Celebrating used to be for Touchdowns. Now players celebrate whenever they do their job. It's annoying. It's like Ray Lewis everytime he celebrates making a routine tackle. **** gets old.

Raleigh Steel
10-29-2012, 08:27 AM
I was griping about this during the game. No need to turn around and run backwards from the 20 and taunt. Score the td, do your little dance in the end zone then celebrate with your teammates who actually helped you get to the end zone!

And catching a ball for a first down is not a great accomplishment. Thousands of men have done it for a very long time! It's your job!!!

scudmissile29
10-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Was a big play though.

That **** CB Brown ****ed it all up.

I actually liked it, he's no ochostinko, not just yet.

connecticutsteel
10-29-2012, 08:41 AM
He knew they threw the flag that's why he ran backwards.But Wallace didn't drop any balls ,the O-line was great. The game was probably the best performance so far WAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.SHEESH! WHO CARES.Be happy we won the game

Big T
10-29-2012, 08:45 AM
He knew they threw the flag that's why he ran backwards.But Wallace didn't drop any balls ,the O-line was great. The game was probably the best performance so far WAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.SHEESH! WHO CARES.Be happy we won the game

He didn't know. That's why he did his TD dance afterward.

coldrolled
10-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Instead of quietly hurting the Defense with the catch and flipping the ball to the Ref. Brown just pisses them off more with his Holmes routine. Where is holmes???....

SnakeEyes43
10-29-2012, 09:37 AM
He knew they threw the flag that's why he ran backwards.The game was probably the best performance so far WAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.SHEESH! WHO CARES.Be happy we won the game

Then why did he proceed to do that stupid dance in the endzone???

Nolrog
10-29-2012, 09:56 AM
I hate that kind of crap no matter who does it. Flip the ball to the ref and go back to the huddle for the next play.

steelchamp204
10-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Can someone explain what happened please???

LarryNJ
10-29-2012, 11:57 AM

He had an 80 yard punt return, 60 yards forward and 20 yards backwards.

steelchamp204
10-29-2012, 11:59 AM
He had an 80 yard punt return, 60 yards forward and 20 yards backwards.

For a td? Or was it called back? I hope he got benched. I love AB but it is true. I said it earlier this year. He needs to chill with the celebrating. Its fine every once and awhile. Not every catch though it seems.

LarryNJ
10-29-2012, 12:01 PM
He got a pentalty yes, but there was a holding or clipping call so it didn't matter. It was called back.

SnakeEyes43
10-29-2012, 12:07 PM

After running backwards the last twenty yards, he also did that stupid dance in the endzone. He was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct, and there was also an illegal block on the return, so it was called back.

steelchamp204
10-29-2012, 12:08 PM
After running backwards the last twenty yards, he also did that stupid dance in the endzone. He was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct, and there was also an illegal block on the return, so it was called back.

He was flagged for doing a dance? Wow, that pretty sad. I dont mind if players do dances after a TD, its the 20 yards running backwards that Brown shouldnt have done.

SnakeEyes43
10-29-2012, 12:12 PM
He was flagged for doing a dance? Wow, that pretty sad. I dont mind if players do dances after a TD, its the 20 yards running backwards that Brown shouldnt have done.

They didn't address which part the penalty was for. I assumed that it was for the backwards run, as he's done that TD dance before and not been flagged. It's still annoying though.

Raleigh Steel
10-29-2012, 12:14 PM
It wasn't the dance that got him the flag, right before he crossed the goal line, while running backwards, he taunted the closest redskins player. That's what drew the flag. His penalty was declined because of the block in the back.

terrible.towel43
10-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Yeah he didn't get flagged for the dance thats not a penalty. It was for running backwards.

Speeed
10-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Unless it is the Super Bowl, or a game winning TD, then I don't see the need for all that crap. A few fist pumps, jump up and down a few times, etc. is more than sufficient. Who is that guy that does that stupid dance like the mumbo or something. Is it Hernandez? It makes macho grown men look immature. As much as I like Gronkowski, he is starting that crap.

We get it guys, just do your job.

steelersbabex25
10-29-2012, 01:42 PM
This is one of the reasons why I love Larry Fitzgerald. He's a great player, he knows he's a great player, but after every catch or touchdown he just flips the ball to the ref. You can be good, but be a little humble about it.

LatrobePA
10-29-2012, 02:00 PM
There's only one Fitz in this world... Pure class!

Raleigh Steel
10-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Fitz was the same way in college as well. Caught many a TD at Heinz field and went right over to the red and handed him the ball. To me that's a better way to slam ur opponents than some stupid dance. It says, "ho hum, this is too easy". Lol

steelersbabex25
10-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Fitz was the same way in college as well. Caught many a TD at Heinz field and went right over to the red and handed him the ball. To me that's a better way to slam ur opponents than some stupid dance. It says, "ho hum, this is too easy". Lol

Completely. It's the same way in any sport. You act like you've done it before.

TarlsQtr
10-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, and Fitz. Not enough like them anymore...

coldrolled
10-29-2012, 03:43 PM

DITTO I have been saying this for a while.. Fitz and Heath need to teach our west and east showoffs some class.

LarryNJ
10-29-2012, 04:50 PM
I think it all started with the 24 hour sports channels. Now everyone wants to make onto sports center.

CowherPower
10-29-2012, 07:05 PM
After Tomlin gave him an earful last year for that hanging off the railing stunt, and you'd think he'd get the picture.

I get that he's excited and all but that **** can cost you a game if you aren't careful.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Blazedby92
10-29-2012, 11:18 PM
I loved it, one hell of a run back, if it wasn't for the rule I would say let him do it again. I was pumped, they are ther to entertain let, he didn't delay the game or do anything to hurt anyone so why unsportsman like, stupid rule. I think it's worse to spike the ball in front of a team after a touchdown or first down.
It's a rule though but that was freaking hilarious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Big T
10-30-2012, 02:41 PM
Steelers punt returner Antonio Brown broke free for what appeared to be an easy touchdown on Sunday against the Redskins — and as he approached the end zone, Brown decided to show just how easy it was.

When he was sure no one could catch him, Brown turned around and ran backward into the end zone, resulting in an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and prompting Steelers coach Mike Tomlin to address Brown and the entire team about it.

According to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Tomlin said Brown’s decision to backpedal into the end zone “wasn’t respectable,” and as a result Tomlin decided to talk individually to Brown and to bring it up when addressing the team.

As it turned out, Brown didn’t actually get a touchdown on the return because an illegal block penalty had been called on the Steelers. Which made Brown’s celebration look silly.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/30/tomlin-not-happy-with-browns-backward-punt-return/

LatrobePA
10-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Tomlin lit his *** up!! I love it!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Tomlin told reporters Tuesday he was agitated with Antonio Brown (http://www.nfl.com/player/antoniobrown/2508061/profile)'s backward punt return in Sunday's cakewalk over the Washington Redskins (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012102808/2012/REG8/redskins@steelers#menu=gamepass&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay). It "wasn't respectable" said Tomlin, who spoke with Brown and the entire team about it.

With the Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) up 27-9 in the third quarter, Brown fielded Sav Rocca (http://www.nfl.com/player/savrocca/2507020/profile)'s punt at his own 22.

Breaking through a wave of Washington defenders, Brown took off for the end zone. Nobody came close, prompting him to spin around at the Washington 20 and backpedal to paydirt.

Mirthful? Yes. Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) football? Negative.

Video link to AB's return (http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000086459/Brown-s-return-gets-called-back)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000087777/article/mike-tomlin-has-no-respect-for-browns-showboat-return?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Raleigh Steel
10-30-2012, 03:08 PM
I loved it, one hell of a run back, if it wasn't for the rule I would say let him do it again. I was pumped, they are ther to entertain let, he didn't delay the game or do anything to hurt anyone so why unsportsman like, stupid rule. I think it's worse to spike the ball in front of a team after a touchdown or first down.
It's a rule though but that was freaking hilarious

just curious...what's more entertaining than watching your team score a touchdown, especially on a punt return? would it be or have been less entertaining in your eyes had he just ran into the endzone and celebrated with his teammates? would you have felt cheated?

and where do we draw the line? if one thing is for sure, players always try to out-do each other...

TEEMONT
10-30-2012, 03:38 PM
I liked it...I also liked ochocinco's celebrations tho...that **** is funny to me.

You people take a GAME too seriously....

cbrunn
10-30-2012, 04:25 PM
I understand it gets annoying to me too ... but at the end of the day they're just playing a game , and having fun ...

LatrobePA
10-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Ochostinko is and was an fn idiot, I hope like hell we don't have any water heads like him on this team!

I love his dance!!

StlersGuy
10-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Sorry I found what AB did sunday FUNNY and I dont care if he does it after all he can back what he does up now if he does it and it affects the game outcome then it's a different story however he is playing a game and having fun doing it

Real Deal Steel
10-30-2012, 05:28 PM
I don't like what AB did whatsoever. Why?

It was disrespectful. This is a job. Not just a game but a job. After he scores, it's okay to celebrate within reasonable boundaries.

And you use the arguement of, " Well Ohchocinco did this"..........WHEN IN THE HELL DO WE TAKE THE LEAD FROM A LOSER LIKE HIM?????????? How many rings does Chad Johnson have?????????? Oh.....okay.

Don't copy losers.........copy winners. I want to see AB copy Jerry Rice. That's who I'd rather he copy. Gzzzzzzzzz

Remember...this is NOT a game....this is his job!

LarryNJ
10-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Don't copy losers.........copy winners. I want to see AB copy Jerry Rice.

Fitz does a very good job at coping Jerry Rice.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-30-2012, 06:47 PM
It's entertainment. What are you paying all those $$$ for? Miss Manners and proper etiquette. Get real. Kick there *** and let em know you can kick there ***. "Unleash Hell" Wonder who said that. Dumb thread.

cbrunn
10-30-2012, 07:23 PM
I don't like what AB did whatsoever. Why?

It was disrespectful. This is a job. Not just a game but a job. After he scores, it's okay to celebrate within reasonable boundaries.

And you use the arguement of, " Well Ohchocinco did this"..........WHEN IN THE HELL DO WE TAKE THE LEAD FROM A LOSER LIKE HIM?????????? How many rings does Chad Johnson have?????????? Oh.....okay.

Don't copy losers.........copy winners. I want to see AB copy Jerry Rice. That's who I'd rather he copy. Gzzzzzzzzz

Remember...this is NOT a game....this is his job!

Yes you are correct it is HIS JOB ... and HIS JOB is PLAYING A GAME ...

steelersbabex25
10-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Yeah it would have been fine if a flag wasn't thrown. Ever see MT get mad when AB has done that stuff before? No. But don't get a flag thrown because of it.

Stairwayto7
10-31-2012, 11:57 AM
A little is alright, maybe start at the 2 yard line, but he did get carried away. Oh well, what he brings to the table do what you do,

TEEMONT
10-31-2012, 11:58 AM
Yeah it would have been fine if a flag wasn't thrown. Ever see MT get mad when AB has done that stuff before? No. But don't get a flag thrown because of it.

So you'rer telling me that if there was no flag on the play, then you wouldnt have started this thread?

JensK
10-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Honestly, I saw nothing wrong with it. The guy was happy that he made a play. Not like he ran over to their sideline and taunted them.

steelersbabex25
10-31-2012, 12:38 PM
So you'rer telling me that if there was no flag on the play, then you wouldnt have started this thread?

Correct

AB has been showboating like that since he got to Pittsburgh..have I started this thread before?

steelersbabex25
10-31-2012, 12:39 PM
Honestly, I saw nothing wrong with it. The guy was happy that he made a play. Not like he ran over to their sideline and taunted them.

I think he did taunt the player closest to him. That's why the flag was thrown.

SnakeEyes43
10-31-2012, 01:29 PM
The show pony crap has been annoying for sure, but I didn't really get too upset about it. I get ticked when he hurts the team with his nonsensical showboating.

scudmissile29
10-31-2012, 01:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-3lIHIyXLs

TEEMONT
10-31-2012, 02:43 PM
He's been doing this he got to Pittsburgh? I dunno about that...he gets up and does the Santonio "First down" after he makes a 1st down, and thats about it.....

steelersbabex25
10-31-2012, 03:09 PM
He's been doing this he got to Pittsburgh? I dunno about that...he gets up and does the Santonio "First down" after he makes a 1st down, and thats about it.....

He does it every time he makes a catch..

TEEMONT
10-31-2012, 04:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcffMecIwDA

There ya go...the guy works out with Ochocinco....I love it!!! Celebrate everything AB!!

Real Deal Steel
10-31-2012, 05:19 PM
Shows how stupid the league has gotten. Everytime you make a play you need to celebrate? That's flat..out...stupid.

SnakeEyes43
11-01-2012, 08:14 AM
He does it every time he makes a catch..

I've noticed that too, sometimes he does the Santonio "first down" point even when he didn't get a first down.

Steeldriven
11-01-2012, 08:28 PM
If i had to make a list of things i loathe about watching nfl football, showboating would be right in the top 3. The worst is when you see a guy on a team who's getting their butt whipped to a little diddy on a first down they just got...it's ridiculous.

steelcityrockers
11-02-2012, 12:52 AM
Football is an emotional game played by young people. They are going to be emotional about it, and if that means celebrating, then **** it. Who cares? If anything, it shows they still care about the game, that they still have fun playing. I really don't see how it is a big deal.

SnakeEyes43
11-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Football is an emotional game played by young people. They are going to be emotional about it, and if that means celebrating, then **** it. Who cares? If anything, it shows they still care about the game, that they still have fun playing. I really don't see how it is a big deal.

I don't mind getting hyped after a huge play, but it's the excessive showboating that gets me ticked. Especially if your showboating draws a flag and hurts your team. It's also pretty annoying how he has to do something after EVERY catch (flex, point, etc).

Real Deal Steel
11-02-2012, 10:56 AM

football has always been an emotional game played by young people. That's not an excuse. These idiots today show boat on routine plays. It's stupid and idiotic. AB is a constant idiot that he must showboat after every completed pass. Tomlin has counseled him on stuff like that before. I think it's time to start fining guys when they do that. Celebrate after a score.

Not on routine plays. Gzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Blazedby92
11-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Time for Tomlin cliche" It is what it is" if you dont like it dont watch football it's on every team

Black@Gold Forever32
11-02-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't care about the showboating.....AB is awesome on punt returns......He still is just a solid number 2 WR......Of course people will take it that I'm knocking him but when you consider the amount of targets he gets from Ben a game then his numbers should be much better and really should have more then 1 TD reception....Again I'll say it will be easier to replace AB the WR then losing Mike Wallace (even with the drops)......Wallace is still on pace for 80+ catches, 1100 yards, 9 TDs...........

I like AB and glad he was resigned but the Steelers better find a way to pay Wallace to.......But I'm afraid since the Steelers are going to be so cap strung due to past contracts (especially on the defensive)......cough cough Troy, James, just to name a few......

Big T
11-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Week 8 NFL Fines: #Steelers WR Antonio Brown was fined $10,000 for taunting against the #Redskins. He ran backwards into the end-zone on PR.
https://mobile.twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/264477824377831424

Wow...

BLACKandGOLD
11-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Take some notes from someone like Heath Miller who has some class.

Perfect role model for AB! Heath is the epitome of class. AB is a great talent and a playmaker but he needs to channel his energy in a different direction. He is being selfish and hurting the team every time he feels the need to showboat. He needs to act like a professional...