PDA

View Full Version : Are we finally seeing the potential of Ziggy Hood?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-28-2012, 09:40 PM
After years of playing backup to the legend Aaron Smith, filling in but never really being the consistent force his 1st round status proclaimed maybe now he's arrived.

Three batted down passes in the last 2 weeks and the blocked PAT today.

All I can say is, it's about time!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Raleigh Steel
10-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Honestly I did not notice hood today at all, but then again, I had to watch the game at a sports bar and it was hard to tell the players apart with those butt-ugly jerseys!

terrible.towel43
10-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Ziggy's been fantastic getting his hands in the passing lanes in the last couple games. He's also doing a great job of flushing the QB out of the pocket. It looks like he's turned a corner

Big T
10-28-2012, 11:20 PM
He has to do more than block an extra point and bat a couple balls down in a two game stretch to make me forget 3 years of bad play. Did you not notice in the Bengals game how they kept running right at Hood? They ran directly at him their entire TD drive.

Rhyno
10-28-2012, 11:26 PM
He has to do more than block an extra point and bat a couple balls down in a two game stretch to make me forget 3 years of bad play. Did you not notice in the Bengals game how they kept running right at Hood? They ran directly at him their entire TD drive.

I hope Ziggy gets better and better and becomes a Steeler Superstar. However, your analysis is exactly what I saw in the Bengal game. He was getting blasted off the line of scrimmage. Could not hold the point at all.

86WARD
10-28-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm not seeing it...

SnakeEyes43
10-28-2012, 11:59 PM
Didn't notice anything special today aside from the block, but he's always been consistently average. I don't mind him, he's not as terrible as everyone makes him out to be, he just hasn't developed into the "superstar" we are used to seeing in our #1 picks. I don't think he'll ever be dominant in our system.

CowherPower
10-29-2012, 12:41 AM
I'll take any improvement I can get when it comes to Hood. If baby steps are what we get then so be it.

Any time you run right at a defender you can have success, it's just a matter of how well the rest of the team pursues to the ball to stop the bleeding. Hood is coming along, and as long as he progresses I'm content.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Nolrog
10-29-2012, 10:09 AM
I thought he retired or something.

tburg68
10-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Heyward needs to be the starter opposite the Diesel.

steelchamp204
10-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Even this has happened. I still havent noticed Hood all season long. I didnt see this weeks game but remember the bengals game really well. He was getting BLOWN off the line almost every single down it seemedlike when Cincy had the ball. Im not getting high hopes for this kid until he can play well on a consistant bases for a stretch.

TarlsQtr
10-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Even the block was more the result of a very low kick than an incredible effort by Hood. Unless I missed it, I did not see it as occurring because of great penetration. He stuck up his arm and the ball was kicked into it.

tburg68
10-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Rewatched the game. He was a complete non factor even though he played almost the entire game. Nothing, zip, nada, none.