PDA

View Full Version : Ben having an MVP type season thus far...

Troyisabeast_43
10-28-2012, 06:10 PM
I know we are only 7 games into this season but I wanted to get everybody's opinion on this. Ben has been simply awesome so far this season and he just continues to get better and better each week throwing the ball. His sacks are down which is the most important thing which I really believe is a huge huge reason for his success so far this season. In my opinion, he has definitely got to be a front runner for league MVP at this point in the season. He has been nothing short of spectacular and I think he is only going to continue to get better as the season moves forward here. I wanted to get your guys take on this and if you think Ben should be in the running for MVP at this point and time...He has been flat out unbelievable so far this season through 7 games. He is playing the best football of his career in my opinion...

Big T
10-28-2012, 06:56 PM
He a legitimate candidate for sure, but as long as the golden boys (Brady, Rodgers, Brees) are in the league, Ben will never win MVP.

elephantman
10-28-2012, 07:05 PM
He a legitimate candidate for sure, but as long as the golden boys (Brady, Rodgers, Brees) are in the league, Ben will never win MVP.

had steelers beat Tenn and Oak, they would be talking about it and it be a legit arguement, but going into this game at 3-3, their is little worth mentioning it...they win a few more and he will be a candidate

LarryNJ
10-28-2012, 07:26 PM

I'd say Matt Ryan is ahead of all of them at this point of the season.

LatrobePA
10-28-2012, 08:20 PM
I'd say Matt Ryan is ahead of all of them at this point of the season.

They'll fizzle out I think...

LarryNJ
10-28-2012, 08:58 PM
They'll fizzle out I think...

Maybe in the playoffs but they have a pretty easy division and their schedule isn't that bad. So I'd think that Matty has as good a chance as anyone at the MVP.

Peyton may be the leader because of his name and the year he's having followed by Ryan, Rogers, Ben & Eli

LatrobePA
10-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Maybe in the playoffs but they have a pretty easy division and their schedule isn't that bad. So I'd think that Matty has as good a chance as anyone at the MVP.

Peyton may be the leader because of his name and the year he's having followed by Ryan, Rogers, Ben & Peyton.

True, problem is Ben thrives off of no MVP awards. Give him one he may start sucking, j/k lol

SnakeEyes43
10-28-2012, 11:09 PM
If we were 6-1 right now like we should be, then he would be in contention. Wins are a big part of winning MVP.

Nolrog
10-29-2012, 09:12 AM
Can't be an MVP season. The dink and dunk. The friction with Haley. How can he be having an MVP season with all that?

#sarcasm

Haley's was just the kick in the *** that Ben needed to move to the next level.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Get tired of hearing how Haley kicked Ben to the next level....lol Ben threw 32 TD's in 2007, multi-4,000 yards seasons, had a monster 2010 season in 12 games 3200 yards and 17 TD's............What Haley has done though is install a offense that requires Ben to get rid of the ball quicker and that has been the key.....But I don't think Haley impacted Ben's level of play at all....Ben has been a top five NFL QB for years now........

As for Ben for MVP, I agree had the Steelers won more games at this point then Ben would be up there in the MVP talk which he deserves.......

LatrobePA
10-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Under BA Ben wouldn't of lasted to many more years in the NFL, hell yea Haley is too thank so far!

This is a completely different offense...

LarryNJ
10-29-2012, 04:15 PM
This may be the year where Ben can actually walk for games in January.

Real Deal Steel
10-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Hey guys,

Remember a few weeks ago at the begining of the season how those Raven trolls came in here making a big deal about the "supposed" muscle tear in Ben's shoulder??? Hahahahahaha.

Ben is out playing Flacco again this year with a "muscle tear". What does that say about Flacco???

LatrobePA
10-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Hey guys,

Remember a few weeks ago at the begining of the season how those Raven trolls came in here making a big deal about the "supposed" muscle tear in Ben's shoulder??? Hahahahahaha.

Ben is out playing Flacco again this year with a "muscle tear". What does that say about Flacco???

Flucco is sorry!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Hey guys,

Flacco squats to pee and I have been saying it for years.....

Real Deal Steel
10-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Flacco gets frequent visits from the sisters like Tim Robbins did in Shawshank Redemption. hehehe

BlitzburghRockCity
10-30-2012, 08:21 AM
It's typical Raven fan nonsense, as long as their team is winning they are more than happy to shoot their mouths off. When they start losing they get all quiet. Any Raven fan that thinks Flacco is playing better than Ben or is a Better QB than Ben is as stupid as they are dumb.

TarlsQtr
10-30-2012, 12:01 PM
I readily admit that I was a tepid BA supporter. Well, at least I felt that Steeler fans were overcritical.

I have seen the light. Haley is MUCH better than BA. Seeing his low sack numbers is a thing of beauty. It will only get better as they become more comfortable and should be at a high level late in the season with a HEALTHY Ben at the helm instead of an injured shell of himself.