PDA

View Full Version : What position/players do you want in the upcoming draft

scudmissile29
10-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Good morning Comrades,

What player or position do you want in the 2013 NFL draft?

Players I like are - ranked by predicted round of drafting

CB David Amerson (N. Carolina State) projected round:1
CB Jonathan Banks (Mississippi State) projected round:1
RB Andre Ellington (Clemson) projected round:2

connecticutsteel
10-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Good morning flame Our greatest need is Saftey Clark is ageing and troy is always hurt .I like Banks and Amerson but depending on what our record is we may not draft high enough to get either one and neither player is worth trading up for IMO they were better last year they are both off to slow starts this year . I also would never use a second round pick on a back we need a OLB OR YOUNG BACKUP qb LIKE Zac Dysert

scudmissile29
10-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Good morning flame Our greatest need is Saftey Clark is ageing and troy is always hurt .I like Banks and Amerson but depending on what our record is we may not draft high enough to get either one and neither player is worth trading up for IMO they were better last year they are both off to slow starts this year . I also would never use a second round pick on a back we need a OLB OR YOUNG BACKUP qb LIKE Zac Dysert

connecticutsteel,

I've looked at the safety rankings and it doesn't bode well for us (It's quite weak), I think we can make Amerson a safety, but if we prolong it another year, it's also another year Polamalu and Clark are ageing and a year less to train the upcoming safety.

I really do think we should spend all our picks on defense LOL, the offense is young, QB is check, RB's (we got a handful), WR's check, OL (I think it will be good next season), DL has questions, LB's are getting old but we have youth there and CB and SF are a shitstorm waiting to happen.

That's one of the reasons why I wanted Earl so bad back in the 2010 draft >< I knew Pouncey was a good centre and I hated the pick but Earl could be our CB right now and gradually a safety, he's done well in Seattle (surprise surprise).

The opportunity has gone to trade Wallace for an additional first round pick >< >< >< Front Office doesn't think sometimes, we could of traded him away but now we will get nothing for him ><

CB Taylor
FS Amerson
SS Clark
CB Lewis

That would be a good line-up, I don't mention Polamalu because he's a liability now being injured all the time, even though he was such a great player we need to move forward if we want to still compete for Championships.

steelchamp204
10-28-2012, 01:13 PM
I like Reid from LSU.

Stairwayto7
10-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Saftey first

Then CB or DL our DL is weak Kiesel getting old and Hood isnt the answer. Then there is Casey.
Also Footes replacement I hope Sean Spence will be the answer there. And An OLB for Harrsion

Short Answer Defense

cbrunn
10-28-2012, 09:13 PM
My Dream draft would be this

1st round - Amerson (CB NCS) ... move him to FS
2nd round - Baccari Rambo (FS Georgia) ... move him to SS
3rd round - Gerald Hodges (olb from penn state)

The splash play ability of that Safety unit would be ridiculous

Honestly if we do good I wouldn't mind with just Rambo in the 1st round and go on from there ...

Either way I think all defense is needed

jpele
10-28-2012, 10:53 PM
If we snag either Reid , Rambo or TJ Mcdonald i'd be happy.

Rhyno
10-28-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm a big NCSU fan, and I hope the Steelers stay far away from Amerson. Dude has been routinely getting torched and making bone-headed plays this year.

SteelerCountry58
10-29-2012, 12:00 AM
That kid Jefferson hits like a tank from Oklahoma. He stood out in that ND/OU game Saturday.
I want Te'o bad,whoever gets him has a real stud for a long time. It's a pretty deep D oriented
draft,we should get a quality S/LB and DE.