PDA

View Full Version : DeCastro eligible to practice as of October 19th 2012

connecticutsteel
10-26-2012, 01:46 AM
The highly touted rookie is already eligible to start practicing with the team .The new IR rule states that once he starts practicing the Steelers have 3 weeks to activate him or he returns to IR for the remainder of the season. Let's hope he's ready to go soon so him and pouncey can make magic on the right side.

SnakeEyes43
10-26-2012, 07:12 AM
What's his status? I know he has no limp or brace, but is there a timeline as far as him returning to practice and contributing?
Either way, it's crazy to hear that he could be back on the field by late November considering how his injury looked.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-26-2012, 09:05 AM
Awesome news..........

Big T
10-26-2012, 09:25 AM
He isn't eligible to practice until next week. After week 8. He's not eligible right now.

No. 1 pick DeCastro eligible to return to practice next week and play for #Steelers against #Giants. But will he? sulia.com/my_thoughts/a5…
4:59pm - 24 Oct 12

cmerrifield
10-26-2012, 09:33 AM
He can practice after six weeks but can't play until after week 8.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Big T
10-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Hmmm... Guess I've misunderstood the rule.

LatrobePA
10-26-2012, 09:50 AM
But will he??

ChucktownSteeler
10-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Only if its in his best interest, I would hope.

Real Deal Steel
10-26-2012, 01:52 PM
More concerned with his actual health status then his eligibility. I only want him practicing IF he's healthy.

KemoTherapy
10-26-2012, 02:14 PM
I'd be wary of playing him till I know he's 100%. He's going to be out of shape,physically weak from the time off and a rookie to boot. A great recipe to get hurt again. Plus, you never know when the assasin Gilbert will strike again and take another teamate out.

LatrobePA
10-26-2012, 02:16 PM
I'd be wary of playing him till I know he's 100%. He's going to be out of shape,physically weak from the time off and a rookie to boot. A great recipe to get hurt again. Plus, you never know when the assasin Gilbert will strike again and take another teamate out.

I'm hoping Adams has a good game that way Gilbert will have a permanent spot on the sidelines this year.

Goodfrom55
10-26-2012, 02:56 PM
As far as I read, he is running already, experiencing no pain or any limp. . .good sign.

elephantman
10-26-2012, 03:54 PM
The highly touted rookie is already eligible to start practicing with the team .The new IR rule states that once he starts practicing the Steelers have 3 weeks to activate him or he returns to IR for the remainder of the season. Let's hope he's ready to go soon so him and pouncey can make magic on the right side.

lol Decastro doesen't take one snap this yr. but If he did, do you really think this rookie who's never played a real NFL game will have an impact after this injury?, stop dreaming

LatrobePA
10-26-2012, 04:14 PM
lol Decastro doesen't take one snap this yr. but If he did, do you really think this rookie who's never played a real NFL game will have an impact after this injury?, stop dreaming

Why wouldn't he have an impact? Please explain your thoughts!

connecticutsteel
10-26-2012, 06:28 PM
elephantman David DeCastro was the highest graded guard to be drafted into the league in forever so yes i think he will make an impact if and when he returns .He is much more talented than Foster in every way so why would i be dreaming.Oh let me guess you wanted the Steelers to draft someone else last year who and why? he was the best player by far when our time came to pick.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-26-2012, 07:48 PM
The O-Line finally had a good game together, against a good D front last week, if they have a good game this weekend, i say let the Rook return slowly, if they don't have a good game and he is healthy bring him in and let him play.

elephantman
10-26-2012, 08:36 PM
elephantman David DeCastro was the highest graded guard to be drafted into the league in forever so yes i think he will make an impact if and when he returns .He is much more talented than Foster in every way so why would i be dreaming.Oh let me guess you wanted the Steelers to draft someone else last year who and why? he was the best player by far when our time came to pick.

No I love the Decastro pick, I just dont think , with his injury, that he will or should be rushed back ....He hasnt played a game yet, has no chemistry with Offense, and TBH, the O line has played rather adequate lately. but being he is a rookie with little experience and significant injury, i see no reason to rush him back and risk further injury. Now had this been someone like Pouncy, of course I would say play him as soon as ready. Dcastro doesent have experience. Wait til next yr when he is really 100%

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-26-2012, 10:25 PM
He didn't have experience but he had won the starting job,so as soon as he is physically able it should be his spot. Now the line has been playing decent so it does give the team more of a luxury to let him heal more thoroughly. The change in offense ,to the quick passing game has made the line look better ,hopefully they continue to do so!!

connecticutsteel
10-27-2012, 10:15 AM
nobody is rushing an anything if he's ready he's ready .plus i don't think they would just pull Foster out anyway they would work him in slowly.Also i want the line to play great not adequite

Nolrog
10-27-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm hoping Adams has a good game that way Gilbert will have a permanent spot on the sidelines this year.

That would be another terrible waste of a high draft pick.

LatrobePA
10-27-2012, 06:42 PM
That would be another terrible waste of a high draft pick.

True but he'll slide over to the left.

connecticutsteel
10-27-2012, 08:19 PM
THEY RELEASED Malecki and put Cromartie- Smith on the roster THIS IS BECAUSE POUNCEY IS BACK but hopefully DeCastro will start his path back to the field