PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS:Penguins Arena Deal Could Be Reached Soon

SteelCityMan786
01-29-2007, 06:21 PM
http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_029161459.html

Arena Deal Could Be Reached This Week

Andy Sheehan
Reporting

(KDKA) PITTSBURGH The on again, off again talks between the Pittsburgh Penguins and government officials are on again.

And now it looks like there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Sources tell KDKA Investigator Andy Sheehan that the two sides are very close to a deal and if all goes well, they could have an announcement in the next few days.

Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl confirmed what sources close to the talks are saying that a deal could be imminent.

"It's my hope that sometime this week we can get back to talks with the Penguins and ultimately reach a deal," said Ravenstahl.

The two sides were actually close to a deal two weeks ago then tempers flared and talks broke off.

However, in the past week, cooler heads have prevailed and the framework of an arena deal will be on the table this week.

"Time is of the essence and we have gone back and forth," said Ravenstahl. "I'm hopeful this week that we will have an answer from the Penguins and hopefully a deal."

That would mean that not only will they two sides agree on the funding of a new arena and the divisions of revenues but also who will develop the Mellon Arena site after the old arena is torn down.

This weekend State Representative Jake Wheatley and some Hill District ministers complained of being shut out of the discussions but Ravenstahl says that will soon change.

"I can ensure the residents of the Hill District that they will be represented at the table and that any development that happens in their community will have their input," said Ravenstahl.

This is great news. WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

House of Steel
01-29-2007, 06:25 PM
THAT MEANS THE PENS STAY IN THE BURGH!!!! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: Kansas City can go get their own beef.

TEEMONT
01-29-2007, 06:30 PM
crosses fingers

PITT23
01-29-2007, 06:43 PM
This is great news, I only hope it will be completed soon.

AZ_Steeler
01-29-2007, 07:16 PM
The sooner the better if you ask me because someone could always swoop in the last minute :dunno: Good news though!!!

Friday133
01-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Awesome news! I just hope its true.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-30-2007, 12:03 AM
I hope it's true !! BUT does this remind anybody of the coaching hire....:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 12:10 AM
Hell yes, get it done before any more talks break down !

Black@Gold Forever32
01-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Thats good news. I watched the Pens in the 90's when they were in the play-offs alot. Its hard to follow the Pens out here especially now since the NHL has that weird tv contract. But I try to watch them when I can and I hope they stay in the Burgh.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Good luck getting this done.

Prosdo
01-30-2007, 03:40 AM
That's why you gotta keep the faith!

TEEMONT
01-30-2007, 09:05 AM
With the idiots we have in gov't, it's tough to keep the faith.

Prosdo
01-30-2007, 10:48 AM
This is true Stillers. I wish Bobby O'Connor was still around. There was a guy you knew you could count on.

TEEMONT
01-30-2007, 11:05 AM
This is true Stillers. I wish Bobby O'Connor was still around. There was a guy you knew you could count on.

Crazily enough he was at Sahdyside the same time my father-in-law was there for the same thing, I remember being in the hospital when he passed away.