PDA

View Full Version : runningbacks

K Train
01-29-2007, 06:05 PM
Now although not our biggest need, what if we can grab some stud in the second or 3rd round, it might just be a best player available situation and skill guys go pretty quick. Heres guys that i want to be in black and gold, none of which are likely to go in the first.

Michael Bush - amazing, possible first but i doubt it

Brian Leonard- He is a RUNNINGBACK, not a full back, god forbid there be a white rb in the league, hes so good its ridiculous

Tony Hunt- Penn state....nufced

Kenny Irons- Irons....steel city...cmon

Antonio Pittman-Hes pretty good

Garrett wolfe- hes so good, but in a warrick dunn kinda way

what do you guys think....i personally dont want haynes back and although davenport is a good all around weapon, hes not a great back...we do need some depth here.

Koopa
01-29-2007, 06:07 PM
i'd really love to see us take hunt if available in the 2nd round, the dude would be a perfect compliment to willie

pitman i wouldn't really want

irons i don't know much about

i've never heard of wolfe

Leonard i've never seen him play but i've heard good things....

bush, i wouldn't mind either, but will he be the same after his leg injury???

K Train
01-29-2007, 06:12 PM
this is all you have to see about leonard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp2WqYIttKg

Wolfe played for NIU and led the NCAA in rushing (i think)

Bush didnt hurt his leg that bad, it was a simple fracture of his tibia, no hardcore damage.

House of Steel
01-29-2007, 06:50 PM
I would be very happy with Bush or Leonard.

TEEMONT
01-29-2007, 07:03 PM
no no no no no no no no no NO!!! We do not need to waste any picks on RB's.

K Train
01-29-2007, 07:07 PM
why not? willie was inconsistant last year, 200 yards one game, 20 the next. And if willie went down is najeh the guy? its not a wasted pick, we all like to think willie can handle all the work but really he needs other guys to keep him fresh so he can break that 50 yarder in the fourth quarter.

TEEMONT
01-29-2007, 07:10 PM
It is a wasted pick. When Willie had bad games, it was not his fault, it was 90% on the O-line. Willie EARNED every single yard he got this year, if they use Najeh with Willie, then they are going to be golden. There is no reason at all to waste a pick on a RB just b/c people want to have another "big name" in B&G.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-29-2007, 07:11 PM
Bush, Leonard and Hunt will be all very good picks for the Steelers.

The thing about Leonard I agree Train, he is a good RB. But I like the fact he can play both RB/FB for depth purposes. Plus he can a little H-Back/TE role.

Bush would be the perfect big power back for the Steelers. I think he will be fine coming off his injury.

Tony Hunt seems to be a good tough runner. Not as big as Bush but still has good power for the short yardage role.

Other RB's to take note of are.

Justin Vincent from LSU
Chris Henry from Arizona
Tyrone Moss from the U
Jackie Battle from Houston

Black@Gold Forever32
01-29-2007, 07:15 PM
It is a wasted pick. When Willie had bad games, it was not his fault, it was 90% on the O-line. Willie EARNED every single yard he got this year, if they use Najeh with Willie, then they are going to be golden. There is no reason at all to waste a pick on a RB just b/c people want to have another "big name" in B&G.

There is some depth concerns at RB. Yes Willie Parker is fine as the starter. No problem there. But Dookie Davenport has a history of injury problems. I'm not sold on him at all. He is alright but if Willie went down for a long time. I wouldn't be confident in Dookie handling the starters role.

Then there is Verron Haynes but he can't be counted on. He is always hurt. So the Steelers would be wise to sign a free agent RB or draft a RB at sometime in the draft. I'm not saying in the first two round and I'm not sure in the third not unless if a RB drops worth taking. But in the 2nd day of the draft a RB would be a smart pick for depth purposes.

K Train
01-29-2007, 07:16 PM
willie is the man, but when a team had a solid defense he couldnt move, how long is najeh gonna be around? hes a FA and might not even stay, haynes is terrible....is it a wasted pick now? I think Najeh will stay and i really like him but he hasnt done THAT much to make me think he could be the guy, not to mention he has a past of injuries. Who knows, with a full training camp under his belt he might be great, but i dont know how a quality running back could be a wasted pick in the second or third round. when we really dont have any HUGE needs at this point.

TEEMONT
01-29-2007, 07:16 PM
I swear to God if we draft a RB, I will take a poop on Tomlin's desk.

TEEMONT
01-29-2007, 07:20 PM
willie is the man, but when a team had a solid defense he couldnt move, how long is najeh gonna be around? hes a FA and might not even stay, haynes is terrible....is it a wasted pick now? I think Najeh will stay and i really like him but he hasnt done THAT much to make me think he could be the guy, not to mention he has a past of injuries. Who knows, with a full training camp under his belt he might be great, but i dont know how a quality running back could be a wasted pick in the second or third round. when we really dont have any HUGE needs at this point.

How do we not have HUGE needs? The OL is getting old and slowly falling apart, our LB's need depth way more than we need it at RB. Maaaaaaaybe we take a RB on day 2.....maybe. No way can we waste a pick on a RB on day one. We need someone in front of the RB, look at Arizona, all that talent, but no O-line ( I am not suggesting we are in the same debacle). O-line is the key to everything, I personally want to see our 1st and 3rd rounds picks used on OL/LB's.

K Train
01-29-2007, 07:31 PM
we have damn good oline players, now that cowher is gone that will show, hartings shouldnt have played last year, he just plain and simple got manhandled but cowher liked him, had history with him so he played him. Now we have plenty of oline talent, and they are mostly second and third year guys. Im telling you without cowher playing favorites we will be a better team. As for the LBs, Porter, Haggans, Harrison, other harrison, foote, farrior, big white guy (starts with a k???). Now i agree we need to draft a LB day one, hell we need on round one, but the 2nd and 3rd are open picks for us. RB depth is an issue and i dont know how you cant see that.

TEEMONT
01-29-2007, 07:33 PM
we have damn good oline players, now that cowher is gone that will show, hartings shouldnt have played last year, he just plain and simple got manhandled but cowher liked him, had history with him so he played him. Now we have plenty of oline talent, and they are mostly second and third year guys. Im telling you without cowher playing favorites we will be a better team. As for the LBs, Porter, Haggans, Harrison, other harrison, foote, farrior, big white guy (starts with a k???). Now i agree we need to draft a LB day one, hell we need on round one, but the 2nd and 3rd are open picks for us. RB depth is an issue and i dont know how you cant see that.

I agree on the favorites deal, but we need to draft OL help day one also, someone to put some pressure on these other guys. So there is two day one picks gone, and you still have people calling for a tall WR.

Kriewalt is who you are thinking of.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-29-2007, 07:37 PM
I agree on the favorites deal, but we need to draft OL help day one also, someone to put some pressure on these other guys. So there is two day one picks gone, and you still have people calling for a tall WR.

Kriewalt is who you are thinking of.

Well here is the thing with the draft. I agree totally with Stillers that Oline and LBs are major needs. But I don't want to reach for position just since its a need position. I like picking the best available player. Say in the third round if that best player is a RB then that would make sense since there is some depth concerns at RB.

The starter isn't a concern hell Willie Parker is proving to be one of the Best RB's in the NFL. But if he goes down then I'm really cocerned. I like Davenport but I would be worried if he took over the starters role due to injury.

Haynes I don't even count him since he is always hurt.

K Train
01-29-2007, 07:39 PM
we have a tall reciver and his name is heath miller, other than that they are overrated, unless a colsten type player just falls in our lap. Oline will be adressed, but mabey not til later on, we drafted colon in the late rounds so i mean the talent in the later rounds isnt garbage.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2007, 08:21 PM

Considering our OL was swiss cheese all of last year it's amazing that he rushed for as many yards and TD's as he did. He stepped up in a big way last year even with a sub par OL blocking for him. I'd be completely blind sided if we took a RB on day 1. There's if far too many good back available on day 2 that can fill in and give us some depth. I like our OL as a whole,and the depth we have but they didnt play well last year and I fully expect them to bounce back in 2007. We will need some OL depth in this draft, preferably on day 1

The Steelers rarely go after RB's on day 1 because of that simple fact. I like what Davenport brings to the table and stayed pretty healthy all year, all be it with limited work. I'd like to see us take a RB on day 2 though for depth and to help make the backup roles between Haynes, Davenport, and Kuhn even more competitive.

K Train
01-29-2007, 08:24 PM
Are you saying you wouldnt want us to take leonard if he happened to be in the third round....the guy is as versatile as they come....what a matchup hell, hes like the white reggie bush, just not as athletic lol

TEEMONT
01-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Are you saying you wouldnt want us to take leonard if he happened to be in the third round....the guy is as versatile as they come....what a matchup hell, hes like the white reggie bush, just not as athletic lol

We dont need a scat back.

Koopa
01-29-2007, 09:03 PM
willie was the same in 2005, got all his yards against the likes of the titans bengals and texans, and was nowhere to be seen in the games with a decent defense........ and in the superbowl if he doesn't break the run he again sucks.....willie needs that extra back....and dookie while a good special teams player isn't that back, he's soft, sure he can blow up a browns defender but he isn't anything special.....like 32 said, if the best player available is a rb then the steelers should take him cause depth is much needed for us.....and it's not a guarantee that dookie will be back........ but i rather have blalock or a badass LB in the first round...... and in the second round we should get what we didn't in the first, an ol or lb

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2007, 09:11 PM
I swear to God if we draft a RB, I will take a poop on Tomlin's desk.

Now there's a visual I could do without right after dinner :lol:

K Train
01-29-2007, 09:20 PM
i dont think oline is that big a need, especially if we passed on blalock (who sucked at the senior bowl practices) if we dont get a stud olineman in the first, theres no point in reaching for one in the second. I think we definetly draft OLB in the first, but who the hell knows what tomlin is gonna do. Im just saying that if Bush or Leonard are there and they are the best player...we need to take them, davenport is great, but he runs like parker, hes a 255 pound willie parker. All season long i heard people complaining about not having that short yardage guy, and how we need another bus....well Bush would be the best guy for that job, he played 1 half of football this year and had 3 TDs in one quarter. And leonard is a role player, he does it all...do you really want our only other options to be haynes and kuhn? **** haynes and **** kuhn imo, we need soem new talent, plus anothe back would push willie to be even better. I think we'll get a back in the 2nd round jmo, at least 3rd

Black@Gold Forever32
01-29-2007, 09:23 PM
I would be more then thrilled with Bush, Leonard or Hunt. Any one and I would be happy. The way the Steelers run the ball you need solid depth. Like you said about Leonard, he can do so much that he really adds alot to your football team. He drop 20 pounds to show case his RB skills. I hope he puts alittle of that weight back on since I thought he was really could at pounding the ball in there for those tough yards.

K Train
01-29-2007, 09:25 PM
heres what this mock says and i like this site, they have us taking lynch in the first which would be awesome but we need OLB more than lynch, but they make good points in here about what we need.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

also look who they have us taking in the second round hmmmm

Black@Gold Forever32
01-29-2007, 09:36 PM
He Anthony Spencer is my guy. I live in Big 10 country so I seen alot of Purdue games this year and Spencer would be a great pick. He won't last to the 2nd round. He had a great week at the Senior Bowl and improved his stock. I see him going in the late first round.

As for Lynch no way the Steelers draft him. They don't need to spend a first round pick on a RB and he just got charged with sexual assualt. That will probally hurt his draft status and the Steelers put alot of stock into character. It sounds like Tomlin does as well.

K Train
01-29-2007, 09:38 PM
im just saying i like the points they made.

Spencer looks good, as does Abirmiri.....theres alot of potential OLBs for us to choose from.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Bump

Other RB's to take note of are.

Justin Vincent from LSU
Chris Henry from Arizona
Tyrone Moss from the U
Jackie Battle from Houston

BlitzburghRockCity
04-15-2007, 03:08 PM
I like NFL Draft Countdown, they've got one of the best mocks virtually every year. I could live with his choice in a 1st rounder but Center in the 2nd round and CB in the 3rd ? No way ! I think he needs to do his homework alittle more, but his 1st round is good.

We've got enough guys that can play center on our roster, and Tomlin loves Ike Taylor. Kalil and Coe are both good players and would help the team, but those aren't 2 need spots for us on day 1.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Theres nothing i would want more for Lenord to play on our team, who wouldn't. hes my favorite player in the draft. if he drops to the 3rd i pray the Steelers will take him becuase olb #1 ol #2 leanord #3 sounds great. Smith Fanaca Mahan Simmons Starks is a great line so we really only need a center or we could get a guard for next year. mabye a sleeper cb and were golden. BLACK AND GOLDEN.

K Train
04-15-2007, 03:47 PM
i dont think oline or corner are day 1 needs

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-15-2007, 03:50 PM
next year they'll be if faneca and simmons are gone.

MillerTime83
04-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Theres nothing i would want more for Lenord to play on our team, who wouldn't. hes my favorite player in the draft. if he drops to the 3rd i pray the Steelers will take him becuase olb #1 ol #2 leanord #3 sounds great. Smith Fanaca Mahan Simmons Starks is a great line so we really only need a center or we could get a guard for next year. mabye a sleeper cb and were golden. BLACK AND GOLDEN.

1. Patrick Willis/Adam Carricker/ Darrelle Revis/Jon Beason
2. Paul Posluszny/Tony Hunt/Anthony Gonzalez/Justin Blalock
3. Daymeion Hughes/Tim Crowder/Jason Hill

All of these guys are in order how I would draft them.

These are the guys I like if they fall into the positions I said. Also I think we should trade for anouther 2nd or 3rd rounder. but the Steelers arnt known for that. But if they did we should pick up Hunt and Blalock and not worry about are depth in OL or RB.

K Train
04-15-2007, 10:51 PM
great list if you take carriker and revis out and put in spencer and timmons

steelcitysfinestXL
04-16-2007, 02:20 PM
great list if you take carriker and revis out and put in spencer and timmons

:plus1: if we take a corner in the 1st 2 rounds ill ill slap the closest person to me.... and did i miss something in the last 2 days, is there REALLY a chance Puz drops into the 2nd round!?!?!?

K Train
04-16-2007, 02:31 PM
there is a chance he slips to the second, not to us, theres no way he makes it past Gruden in the second...gruden was all over his dick at the senior bowl

steelcitysfinestXL
04-16-2007, 02:42 PM
see thats where i want us to trade up, for an earlier 2nd round pick... some one HUGE is gonna slip in this draft!!! and if not they're is gonna be PLENTY of talent in the 2nd for us to take someone thats of 1st round quality ie: Puz, Bowe or Jarret... Trade up to the mid 20's in the first for a top 7 2nd and take beason or Timmons in the first.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-16-2007, 03:28 PM
SPENCER AND POZ wow that would be the greatest draft in the last 20 years. can you imagine and even HUNT then SEPULVEDA. WOWZAS

steelcitysfinestXL
04-16-2007, 04:01 PM
if we draft spencer in the first, f*ck it im tired of saying it and hearing it....NO CORNERS IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!! PERIOD!!!! NOT EVEN IN THE FIRST DAY UNLESS HOUSTON IS STILL THERE LATE DAY 1 WHICH WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!!!!