PDA

View Full Version : Who likes the MNF crew?

BlackGold4vr
01-29-2007, 05:57 PM
I really do not like Joe Theisman & Tony Cornheiser on MNF. I miss John Madden and Al Michaels! I can tolerate Mike Tirico hes not that bad. Theisman and Cornheiser are 2 bantering idiots! Cornheisers sports reporter approach to broadcasting is a joke. I can't figure out if he has anything intelligent to say on his own or he's just super interested in questioning all the idiotic statements made by Joe Theisman! Anyone else like these clowns? They irritate me so bad I have written a letter to ESPN and told them they are ruining MNF!

:poke:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Nope I can't stand them. They suck bad.

Koopa
01-29-2007, 06:04 PM
i like kornheiser because i've been watching him on pti for several years.....i don't like the other two though......and i hate john madden....but i do like al michaels

K Train
01-29-2007, 06:06 PM
**** thiesman and **** korhieser...the other guy is alright

Blitzburgh55
01-29-2007, 06:19 PM
I love Kornheiser but guys come on anyone is better than john madden

BlackGold4vr
01-29-2007, 06:23 PM
If it weren't for the Steelers he would have had several championships under his belt! I still liked his commentary! He was very colorful and had intelligent things to add to the conversation with Al Michaels. Also loved the Madden telestrator where he drew on the TV screen to break down a play. Madden could make more intelligent comments between commercial breaks than Theisman & Cornheiser will say in a season! IMO

:blah:

Blitzburgh55
01-29-2007, 06:25 PM
If it weren't for the Steelers he would have had several championships under his belt! I still liked his commentary! He was very colorful and had intelligent things to add to the conversation with Al Michaels. Also loved the Madden telestrator where he drew on the TV screen to break down a play. Madden could make more intelligent comments between commercial breaks than Theisman & Cornheiser will say in a season! IMO

:blah:

Madden is the dumbest person ever he says the stupiest things ever did you watch the video Ktrain posted

58Lambert
01-29-2007, 06:27 PM
I havenít liked the idea of the 3-man team for a long time. All three trying to get their words in, wonít shut-up for me to enjoy the sights and sounds of the game itself. I donít know why the hell the Monday Night networks over the years feel like they have to entertain the TV audience by putting circus monkeys in the booth. In recent years, I did like the Al Michaels/John Madden team. Michaels great play-by-play guy and Madden with his colorful sound effects. But nobody, I repeat nobody was worse than Dennis Miller. That guy tried so hard to be funny, he was a pathetic loser. I seriously stopped watching MNF for awhile just because of him.

House of Steel
01-29-2007, 06:29 PM
I hate them all. The best Monday Night Crew was Howard Cassell and Don Meredith. I do like the team of Al Michaels, Frank Gifford, and Dan Diersdorf when they was doing it. They really made it entertaining. All the broadcasting teams are a damn joke on all networks with the exception of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms on CBS, they are the number one announcing team.

BlackGold4vr
01-29-2007, 06:32 PM
:tt02:

PITT23
01-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Theisman is always trying to say how much better he is than everyone else and he's annoying as hell.

House of Steel
01-29-2007, 06:34 PM
If they don't change that damn team next season, I am going to personally apply for the job. Believe it or not.

Blitzburgh55
01-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Are you kiding mean i cant stand joe buck what a fag

58Lambert
01-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey HOS,
Remember back in the day when Cosell would do the halftime highlights (from the Sunday's games) with the cool music in the background? He’d say in his famous voice, “Halftime highlights brought to you by Merrill Lynch, a breed apart.”

Heck, I got goose-bumps on my goose-bumps!!

Steelerlyn
01-29-2007, 06:48 PM
I never liked John Madden, I thought he was a real dork. Since these A-holes have been on, I miss Madden and his crayons, teaching all of us the game of football (I miss him). I also miss Michaels. These guys are terrible and so are the guys on nfl network. Don't those guys make good money? Seems to me they could come up with some talent. :banging:

TEEMONT
01-29-2007, 06:48 PM
Just get rid of Thiesmann

House of Steel
01-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Yes I remember those, I watched the old MNF on Old Movies that my grandfather made. Howard was awesome. He had that cool collective smooth voice that rocked.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-29-2007, 07:21 PM
The ESPN crew sucks. However, they have all been told that they will be back for another season of monday night football next season. :cursin:

BlackGold4vr
01-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Are you kiding mean i cant stand joe buck what a fag

Joe Buck is a fag to you but Tony "Combover" Cornheiser is a stud? At least Joe Buck adds commentary to a game. Cornheiser drives me crazy with all his questions. Everything the other guys say is met with a question from combover...I mean Cornheiser. Listen to him and you will see what I mean. I don't hate Cornheiser because he is okay on PTI or "the Sports Reporters" but can't stand him on MNF!

:scratch:

Koopa
01-29-2007, 09:42 PM
BOOM! tough actin tinactin

that's all madden is good for.........

Steelerlyn
01-29-2007, 09:58 PM
BOOM! tough actin tinactin

that's all madden is good for.........

I have to disagree with you, Koop. John Madden was a phenominal coach, but you are too young to remember that, the Raiders/Steelers series were something to see. Then he went to the broadcast booth and gave many several hours of enjoyment and entertainment watching him do his thing with the crayons LOL. Then he invented what your generation can relate to, video games. The man has done it all and should be shown respect.:bigthumb:

Koopa
01-29-2007, 10:00 PM
I have to disagree with you, Koop. John Madden was a phenominal coach, but you are too young to remember that, the Raiders/Steelers series were something to see. Then he went to the broadcast booth and gave many several hours of enjoyment and entertainment watching him do his thing with the crayons LOL. Then he invented what your generation can relate to, video games. The man has done it all and should be shown respect.:bigthumb:

i'm not questioning anything about his coaching, this thread was talking about him as a commentator, and i think he's horrible on the mic, he has an annoying voice and says stupid stuff

Steelerlyn
01-29-2007, 10:32 PM
I like him, he makes me laugh with some of the stuff he says.

Blitzburgh55
01-29-2007, 10:47 PM
I want to see Chris Berman and Tom Jackson in the booth

DIESELMAN
01-29-2007, 10:59 PM
I like Madden on there, I know he states the obvious at times when they talk about a play.....but you can learn a lot from him if you listen to him. Bringing Miller in there was about the stupidest **** I've ever seen, he didn't know a damn thing about football and his jokes were not funny.

House of Steel
01-30-2007, 12:10 AM
Oh yeah, that was ABC's biggest damn blunder of Monday Night Football History, DENNIS ****ING MILLER. I will admit, I did like the team of Summerall and Madden on CBS when they had the NFC til FOX took it.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 12:52 AM
Al Michaels is a master, I love listening to him. I miss the old crew: Frank, Al, and Dan.

Steelx
01-30-2007, 12:59 AM
Thiesman for all I am concerned can go to Ace and look for some tuff actin tinactin. Can not stand Madden or Isman. Kornheiser should be a commentator on the sideline and Have turico and some one that I can stand in the booth with him. Horrible display when watching a game then they go out and hit up mcguire out in the truck with his hawaiin shirt. TOOLS FIRE THEM ALL

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 01:03 AM
Well we could have Dennis Miller back, so be grateful for that :lol:

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-30-2007, 01:24 AM

He be an improvement over Theisman.

Steelx
01-30-2007, 01:27 AM

he would be an upgrade over isman

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 02:41 AM
Well you probably have a point there :lol:

Steelx
01-30-2007, 09:10 AM
Well you probably have a point there :lol:nah I DO have a point there.

TampaSteelGirl
01-30-2007, 10:13 AM
I can't stand John Madden, his voice makes my *** pucker! I like Al Michaels and didn't mind Joe Theisman.

SteelersWoman
01-30-2007, 10:52 AM
My two favorite announcers are Phil Simms and Al Michaels (Al's voice reminds me of Alan Alda).

Whenever Madden's on, it makes me laugh for the simple reason I keep thinkin of (and hearin) that guy from Mad TV who immitates him lol

But I do not wanna see him ever doin commentary on another Steelers game if it can be helped. IMO, he can NOT be fair about what the refs call or do NOT call.

I could've strangled him during the Super Bowl. He was right a few times, but other times, his bias toward the 'Hawks was just sickening. He hates us too much to be fair. I'd have to watch the game again to be sure (and I "could" be mis-remembering) but I don't recall him pointin out even one time the flags that SHOULD've been thrown against the 'Hawks that weren't--or point out times where the refs flagged us and should'nt have. But anyway, I digress :greengrin:

Just find a way to put Phil and Al together, that'd be A-OK with me :yesnod:

Stairwayto7
01-30-2007, 11:56 AM
I really do not like Joe Theisman & Tony Cornheiser on MNF. I miss John Madden and Al Michaels! I can tolerate Mike Tirico hes not that bad. Theisman and Cornheiser are 2 bantering idiots! Cornheisers sports reporter approach to broadcasting is a joke. I can't figure out if he has anything intelligent to say on his own or he's just super interested in questioning all the idiotic statements made by Joe Theisman! Anyone else like these clowns? They irritate me so bad I have written a letter to ESPN and told them they are ruining MNF!

:poke:

I hate theesman! HATE

House of Steel
01-30-2007, 12:03 PM
What is wrong with Jim Nantz on CBS? He is a darn good play by play announcer with Phil Simms. You know what, if I applied for ESPN MNF crew and got hired, it would be a major upgrade over all three of them asses. Hell, I would go to the sideline unless they wipe that booth out. I would love to work with Al Michaels, Frank Gifford, and Myself. Now that is a damn good team.

TEEMONT
01-30-2007, 12:07 PM
My two favorite announcers are Phil Simms and Al Michaels (Al's voice reminds me of Alan Alda).

Whenever Madden's on, it makes me laugh for the simple reason I keep thinkin of (and hearin) that guy from Mad TV who immitates him lol

But I do not wanna see him ever doin commentary on another Steelers game if it can be helped. IMO, he can NOT be fair about what the refs call or do NOT call.

I could've strangled him during the Super Bowl. He was right a few times, but other times, his bias toward the 'Hawks was just sickening. He hates us too much to be fair. I'd have to watch the game again to be sure (and I "could" be mis-remembering) but I don't recall him pointin out even one time the flags that SHOULD've been thrown against the 'Hawks that weren't--or point out times where the refs flagged us and should'nt have. But anyway, I digress :greengrin:

Just find a way to put Phil and Al together, that'd be A-OK with me :yesnod:

I watched the Super Bowl at a buddies house, and there were only a few Steelers fans there, but we got the hos tto agree to let us pipe Hargrove and Ilkin through his speakers, I have field pass, and I never listen to the network call a game. My fat *** lugs my computer to the bar every week and I listen to it on headphones.

big d
01-30-2007, 12:53 PM
I hate theisman. It's funny to see tony kornheiser put him in his place though. I think that buck and aikman are the best commentators out right now. If i were in charge of putting together a trio for monday night it would be michaels,aikman and buck.

House of Steel
01-30-2007, 12:54 PM
aikman is a pain in the *** to listen too. Frank, Al, and Dan are the best.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Phil Simms is probably my favorite announcer out right now, or atleast a top 3. I enjoy listening to him.

But nobody does it better than Bill, Tunch, and Craig ! :tt02: Maybe we can get them on the MNF set ! :greengrin:

SteelersWoman
01-31-2007, 04:38 AM
I watched the Super Bowl at a buddies house, and there were only a few Steelers fans there, but we got the hos tto agree to let us pipe Hargrove and Ilkin through his speakers, I have field pass, and I never listen to the network call a game....

My husband is an avid Browns fan (which means he HATES us of course) and even he said that Madden was biased and wasn't callin it fair, and said some of his comments were:willybs:

You were lucky you got to listen to someone else announce :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2007, 07:30 AM
Hell yeah, turn up Tunch and bill and turn off the networks !

BlitzburghNation
01-31-2007, 11:18 AM
Only got to watch the steelers monday night game & I couldn't stand
Tony Cornholy----"OH" But i think Mike does a great JOB !