PDA

View Full Version : Now that we've seen some Steeler football...... is the sky the limit?

Stone
10-23-2012, 04:02 PM
I was just tooling around the internet between meetings and I decided to refresh my memory regarding the remainder of the season for the Steelers.

Are you aware:
1. That 5 of our last 8 games are at home?

2. That 2 of our last 8 opponents are currently above 500 and they (the Ravens) are reeling?

3. That 3 of our last 8 games come against opponents with 2 total wins between them (Browns and Chiefs)?

4. That we could cruise to the playoffs?

5. Just how dangerous it is to think this way? :lol:

elephantman
10-23-2012, 04:16 PM
I was just tooling around the internet between meetings and I decided to refresh my memory regarding the remainder of the season for the Steelers.

Are you aware:
1. That 5 of our last 8 games are at home?

2. That 2 of our last 8 opponents are currently above 500 and they (the Ravens) are reeling?

3. That 3 of our last 8 games come against opponents with 2 total wins between them (Browns and Chiefs)?

4. That we could cruise to the playoffs?

5. Just how dangerous it is to think this way? :lol:

10 games left, 6 at home wow!!, we only played 2 Home games in the 1st 7 weeks, crazy but great now

nonetheless, I dont see it.. we cant score enough points, and with the exception of the 2nd half of sunday we cant stop anyone. ...
on O, Ben couldnt put the game away 2 times against cinci, unable to put Oak and Tenn away on our last possession(s), only Philli at home Ben was able to do it after Vick gave us the game...he has good numbers but unable to put teams away

as far as our future schedule, the easiest is behind us...Tenn and Oakland, them 2 gonna bite us later

I dont think were that good after this one win against as team we always beat

Goodfrom55
10-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Before I personally declare Steeler football is back, I need to see it in more than one game.

BubbyBlister
10-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Well its about at the point in the season that good teams start to rise so we shall see. I always feel bad for people that support the Pirates. They always start out good and give the fans false hope and then later on in the season they tank when the good teams are starting rise from the pack. Well I think we will get a good idea where this team is heading in the next couple weeks.

LatrobePA
10-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Before I personally declare Steeler football is back, I need to see it in more than one game.

Same here... Win one lose one win one lose one so far. Need back to back wins...

SnakeEyes43
10-23-2012, 09:41 PM
I agree with number 5...
Still a lot of football left.

SteelCityKid5
10-23-2012, 10:56 PM
not when you lose to Oakland and Tennessee, no

elephantman
10-23-2012, 11:38 PM
not when you lose to Oakland and Tennessee, no

^ yes, wasnt that long ago. NOTHING about the steelers is CONSISTENTly Good, not even the receivers(wallace) it seems

steelchamp204
10-24-2012, 02:45 AM
I would like to see back to back wins before I say anything. If they play the skins like they played the Bengals, then yes.

Nolrog
10-24-2012, 08:04 AM
we cant score enough points,

We score plenty of points, and the offense is getting better and better. The defense has blown 4th quarter leads in our losses.

Real Deal Steel
10-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Let me first say, this is a good thread topic.

I do see what the thread starter is saying. But there are three keys to us making the playoffs.

1. Being able to run the ball which gives the team balance as a whole. It's obvious that when we run the ball, it's good for Ben, it's good for the defense being off the field and it establishes the team's identity too.

2. We've got to score more TD's in the red zone. If we continue to kick as many field goals that we do, it will come back to bite us in the *** as it did against the Titans and Raiders.

3. Coverage in the secondary has to improve. Period. This 10 yard cushion crap that we give to teams wide receivers has to stop!

steelersbabex25
10-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Since when have the Steelers been a consistent team? Besides the '08 dream season. That was awesome.

Speeed
10-24-2012, 01:22 PM
The offense put teams away. The D opened the door right back up.

10 games left, 6 at home wow!!, we only played 2 Home games in the 1st 7 weeks, crazy but great now

nonetheless, I dont see it.. we cant score enough points, and with the exception of the 2nd half of sunday we cant stop anyone. ...
on O, Ben couldnt put the game away 2 times against cinci, unable to put Oak and Tenn away on our last possession(s), only Philli at home Ben was able to do it after Vick gave us the game...he has good numbers but unable to put teams away

as far as our future schedule, the easiest is behind us...Tenn and Oakland, them 2 gonna bite us later

Stone
10-24-2012, 02:12 PM

If by " we cant score enough points" yuo mean we can't score enough to survive the turtleing and bend and break defense, you are absolutely right:)

Root4Stlrs
10-24-2012, 07:58 PM
Since when have the Steelers been a consistent team? Besides the '08 dream season. That was awesome. Ben's rookie year until they lost to NE at home in the AFC championship.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2012, 11:30 PM
The schedule is favorable for us in late November thru December which is good. We win at home which is also good. Any other year I'd say that's a recipe for success but we need to string a few wins together first.