PDA

View Full Version : When is Troy going to return???

Troyisabeast_43
10-22-2012, 09:00 PM
I really hope that Tomlin addresses just how serious Troy's calf muscle injury is tomorrow at his news conference and give us some kind of idea as to when he can return. This is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion that Troy is once again going on being out an entire month with a calf injury much like he was the first time around. Troy I think needs to man up at some point and start playing through some pain or simply just change the way he plays to a certain degree. One thing is for sure Troy is doing the Steelers absolutely no good at all standing on the sideline with an ear piece in his ear week in and week out. If Troy's calf is so bad how he is able to stand on the sideline and move around as good as he does for over 3 hours?? I just cant believe that this calf injury which I have had before in the past can be this serious and it's going to keep him out another month or so. Hopefully we get some answers from Tomlin tomorrow on this ridiculous injury because people want to know about Troy and are getting sick and tired of him being gone for months at a time.

Big T
10-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Against NY. I'd put money on it.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2012, 09:10 PM
I'm going to be nice and just not say anything about Troy......I have said enough in the past.....lol But the defense should be used to playing without him so I don't want to hear that excuse anymore from the D.......

jpele
10-22-2012, 09:53 PM
I don't see him returning, he seem pretty content in the booth with Joe Buck. :)

I'd just as soon he didn't come back unless we make the playoffs, being out til then would make game planning against a little tougher.DL has a set game plan when Troy is playing and when he goes out after a couple plays or even a game or two ,it makes it really hard for everyone on the defense to adjust to a new plan that they haven't practiced.

cmerrifield
10-22-2012, 10:12 PM

I would take a bet on that. He will be out until Thanksgiving.

Troy said you pay players big money like him to be out on the field, so I am waiting for him to give some money back.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Zachintosh66
10-22-2012, 11:57 PM
hold up... hes got another commercial he has to shoot first :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Tomlin won't divulge any more than he has too with injuries. He'd rather keep everyone in the dark. I don't see Troy coming back until after the Giants game. Last time he was off for what, but 3 weeks and got injured after a play was over.

When in doubt give him one more week after the docs say he's good to go.

LevonKirkland99
10-23-2012, 12:27 AM
He may come back against KC. Please don't hate on Troy until you know the extent of his injury.

Go hate on Wallace. :)

SnakeEyes43
10-23-2012, 07:05 AM

That's pretty realistic. In my mind I was picturing the Chiefs game.

Real Deal Steel
10-23-2012, 09:53 AM
We should be addressing the safety position no later then our second pick in the draft.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2012, 10:43 AM
He may come back against KC. Please don't hate on Troy until you know the extent of his injury.

Go hate on Wallace. :)

I would venture a safe guess that everyone on this site knows that when Troy is healthy and on his game he's still an elite player. He may not be quick as quick as he used to be but he's still a game changer. Plus Will Allen and Ryan Mundy aren't anywhere near as good as he is (although I prefer Allen over Mundy personally).

It's not a matter of hating on Troy, it's a matter of the dude just not staying healthy. He's missed 18 games over the last 4 seasons, that's all but 5 games per year. That's not even counting the games he played where he was still hurt and nowhere near his usual self. He can be the best safety ever in the history of the game, but he's just not on the field so therefore does us no good.

Zachintosh66
10-23-2012, 02:12 PM
not this week...

elephantman
10-23-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm going to be nice and just not say anything about Troy......I have said enough in the past.....lol But the defense should be used to playing without him so I don't want to hear that excuse anymore from the D.......

agree, I dont think much of Troy when injury reports come out...now I am routing for Pouncy to return this week...I accept the fact that Troy is, for all intents and purposes , not on the team, and If/when he returns that would be great bonus, but only if he's healthy which I dont expect him to be anytime this yr (or ever)

Troy seems to get more camera time when he's on the bench anyway, so it seems lately

Stone
10-23-2012, 03:10 PM
I'm not sure it matters. For my money Troy was the best defensive player I've ever seen. .... "was being the key word.

Goodfrom55
10-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Would love to have him back for the Giants game, but probably not. Perhaps he needs to join some of his teammates in Florida for Shaw's offseason conditioning camp. I'm not saying Troy is out of shape, but it seems like this guy Shaw really helps athletes stay in shape and devleop a good core.

Nolrog
10-23-2012, 07:40 PM
We should be addressing the safety position no later then our second pick in the draft.

We need a defensive playmaker, badly. Almost doesn't matter what position at this point. Safety is definitely a big area of need. So is OLB. At this point (depending on who is available) they should consider trading their first and second or first and third and move up to get that guy who's going to make a difference. We need to get that guy now, so by 2017, he can finally get a couple plays in regular season games and by 2020 he can finally be ready to start for a year before he retires.

steelerzion
10-23-2012, 11:43 PM
We need a defensive playmaker, badly. Almost doesn't matter what position at this point. Safety is definitely a big area of need. So is OLB. At this point (depending on who is available) they should consider trading their first and second or first and third and move up to get that guy who's going to make a difference. We need to get that guy now, so by 2017, he can finally get a couple plays in regular season games and by 2020 he can finally be ready to start for a year before he retires.

Lol!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steelersbabex25
10-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Tomlin on Troy's injury: "It is what it is. Next question"

jnes1216
10-24-2012, 10:18 AM

So in other words, "I have no idea."
A safety should definitely be high on the draft priority list next year imo.

SnakeEyes43
10-24-2012, 11:06 AM

Is that literally what he said? Or is that just you playing on the Tomlin cliche' answer?

coldrolled
10-24-2012, 11:06 AM
Drop some old wood. Have troy lose his salary.. and get a top FA safety..

steelersbabex25
10-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Is that literally what he said? Or is that just you playing on the Tomlin cliche' answer?

Yeah I don't know what he actually said.

I wouldn't be surprised though.

Stone
10-24-2012, 01:25 PM
I guess an equally good question is "when was the last time Troy was an impact?"

Nolrog
10-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Not soon enough.

Rollers
10-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Troy was a great player. His body is done. Not sure why. He seems a guy interested in staying healthy. But he gets dinged almost immediately. I never remember injuries being this prevalent before. Never. Every day somebody else on some team is going down for the year. Maybe these guys are just to big. I dunno. But man their fragile.

ChucktownSteeler
10-24-2012, 08:56 PM
I hope Troy returns soon.

LatrobePA
10-24-2012, 09:14 PM
As long as they can keep winning w out him let him rest.

cmerrifield
10-30-2012, 12:39 PM
He is out again for the Giants. Its not even, "we will see" its "out." He will be ought another 2-3 weeks at least.

Real Deal Steel
10-30-2012, 01:00 PM
Why do we keep talking about him? He's not going to play the rest of this season. And even if he did, he's just a shadow of his old self. He's done.

Let's think about what safety we can get in the draft that can come in and make an impact.

cmerrifield
10-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Why do we keep talking about him? He's not going to play the rest of this season. And even if he did, he's just a shadow of his old self. He's done.

Let's think about what safety we can get in the draft that can come in and make an impact.

He may be a shadow of himself, but his shadow is better than Allen or Mundy. He will be back for at least the second Ravens game in December. He still makes plays and has impact.

scudmissile29
10-30-2012, 02:08 PM
troy is washed up and gone now.

he sucked in the super bowl against green bay and hasn't been the same since 2009.

scudmissile29
10-30-2012, 02:10 PM
he did have some good games in 2010

KemoTherapy
10-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Does he even work out in the offseason at all???. Or does he just do shampoo commercials all summer long?.

LatrobePA
10-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Does he even work out in the offseason at all???. Or does he just do shampoo commercials all summer long?.

He does leg kicks in a swimming pool.

Zachintosh66
10-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Who is this Troy you speak of... almost forgot what he looks like.

scudmissile29
10-30-2012, 09:05 PM
LOL were dissing on a player that's been formidable to us

Real Deal Steel
10-31-2012, 12:16 AM
I'm not dissing. I'm just tired of talking about a guy who can't play anymore and people holding their breath for him like their waiting to see the prom queen or something.

scudmissile29
10-31-2012, 08:13 AM
I knew we should of drafted E.T. back in 2010.

Now look at the safeties we have their both 33 LOL. And when one goes -- the other goes!

So we will have two spots to fill straight away ><

cmerrifield
10-31-2012, 08:57 AM
That's true ET can fly and he healed Elliott's injury to. I just wonder if a helmet would fit his head.

cbrunn
10-31-2012, 10:12 AM
I'm pretty sure Earl was drafted before we picked ... lol the disadvantages to always being good and being late pick...

but anyway yeah... It's time to move on from Troy ... Love him appreciate everything he done for the team but it looks like his time may be up ... + all the injuries it's bigger than football

tburg68
10-31-2012, 11:31 AM
TP will be a cap casualty next year, or he will have to take a huge cut. Can't pay huge money to players that only see the field 5-10 games a year.

scudmissile29
10-31-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm pretty sure Earl was drafted before we picked ... lol the disadvantages to always being good and being late pick...

but anyway yeah... It's time to move on from Troy ... Love him appreciate everything he done for the team but it looks like his time may be up ... + all the injuries it's bigger than football

We could of traded up with miami for him

SnakeEyes43
11-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Not this week.