PDA

View Full Version : How does DL handle RGIII Ben should have a good day.

coldrolled
10-22-2012, 05:00 PM
The redskins secondary is lifeless. Ben should have a good day in the air.

But what does Dick do with RGIII He plays like Ben... This game could look like an all out street-fight game....

LatrobePA
10-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Timmons...

scudmissile29
10-22-2012, 05:28 PM
sorry but RG3 is a god.

He is the second coming of Cronus, run, run for your life.

*watched RG3 all year long, very very impressive, better rookie than ben.

Goodfrom55
10-22-2012, 05:29 PM
The only defensive player I know of on the Steelers defense that can run with RGIII is DVD, but who sits if he spies RGIII? Steelers will have to blitz under control and hit RGIII every chance they get. Hate to say it, but I'd almost rather give up a 15 yard roughing penalty to have this guy get his bell rung. . .

Contain him and try to get him strung out to the sidelines. Get pressure in his face and try not to let him out of the pocket.

steelersbabex25
10-22-2012, 06:33 PM
I am so unimpressed with RGIII. I've watched almost every Redskin game this season and honestly he's seen as good because of the amount of publicity he's getting, not visa versa.

steelchamp204
10-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Play disciplined defense. Press coverage all the receivers, put a Qb spy on him (Timmons) rush 4. Might sound crazy, but it will work. You want woodley and harrison to play disciplined defense, dont go past him rushing or he will take off. Keep him in the pocket and hope the secondary plays like they did against the bengals.

steelchamp204
10-22-2012, 07:34 PM
I think we will play alot of Nickel also.

Speeed
10-22-2012, 08:12 PM
RG is faster, but less skilled and with less experience. Ben is not as fast, but has years of experience. My money is on Ben. Win or lose, he will have better stats that RGIII.

Troyisabeast_43
10-22-2012, 08:51 PM
I agree I think this game will come down to which QB plays better down the stretch and makes the big plays and the big throws. My money is on Big Ben. This game is at Heinz Field and Ben and the Steelers have played very very well at home over the last 2 seasons. I think Ben and the receivers have a huge game and Lebeau is able to contain and get to RG3 at the end of the game when it matters the most. He always seems to come up and find a way to slow down and beat rookie QB's. I look for him to do the same thing with Bob Griffen the 3rd this weekend...

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2012, 08:58 PM
I am so unimpressed with RGIII. I've watched almost every Redskin game this season and honestly he's seen as good because of the amount of publicity he's getting, not visa versa.

Sound like you're just hating on RGIII.....The kid is very impressive.....So many big plays and he doesn't turn the ball over.....The Steelers will have their hands full with RGIII......I was a fan of his college and I knew he would be a good QB but didn't think he would be this good so soon......

Big T
10-22-2012, 09:00 PM
This would be a good game to have Troy. He obviously won't play, but he'd be able to confuse RGIII as well as keeping him in check with how often he's in the box. Shame.

Nolrog
10-22-2012, 10:00 PM

Seriously? I watched him yesterday against the Giants. I was very impressed. Not only can he run well, but he's a very good passer (he's the 3rd ranked QB in the league, behind Rogers and Peyton.) And he's rushed for 468 yards so far to boot. I'm really looking forward to seeing him play the Steelers and for his career, which looks to be a very bright one.

SnakeEyes43
10-23-2012, 07:19 AM
RGIII is a very good for a rookie QB on a mediocre team. Should be a great game, probably very close.
And yes, Ben should have a big day through the air.

Real Deal Steel
10-23-2012, 07:43 AM
Don't care about Ben's big day in the air. When we are able to run, we win. I want to see more of Dwyer doing his thing again this Sunday. When Dwyer runs, it makes everything better.

jpele
10-23-2012, 10:22 AM
I think if you want to stop RGIII you have to keep him in the pocket locking him in so he can't use his scrambling ability. If you go way back to Pitt vs Atlanta ( early Michael Vick) that scheme worked for 3 quarters ( can't imagine why we went to prevent in the 4th).

I know RGIII is more accurate than Vick but if we allow him to run around free it could be a long day.

LatrobePA
10-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Don't care about Ben's big day in the air. When we are able to run, we win. I want to see more of Dwyer doing his thing again this Sunday. When Dwyer runs, it makes everything better.

Ditto!

scudmissile29
10-23-2012, 10:42 AM

Uhhhhhhhhhh

He could of ran for a 20 yard play the other day instead of going for it he threw a 50 yard pass... yep sure sounds unimpressive and lacks the knowledge.

I can't wait until he comes in and dicks all over Lebeau's defense to prove you wrong.

He's an amazing talent, will be much better than Luck.

Big T
10-23-2012, 10:46 AM
I can't wait until he comes in and dicks all over Lebeau's defense to prove you wrong.

Spoken like a true Steelers fan...

connecticutsteel
10-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Better Rookie than Ben ? um Ben went 13-0 his rookie year was a Offensive Rookie of the Year. So I will reserve my comments on this comparison till the end of the season . RGIII and Ben Roethlisberger don't belong in the same sentence yet. RGIII has looked good so far but if he doesn't learn how to slide he won't be around for long.

connecticutsteel
10-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhh

He could of ran for a 20 yard play the other day instead of going for it he threw a 50 yard pass... yep sure sounds unimpressive and lacks the knowledge.

Oh you mean the Dick LeBeau led Defense that is Ranked 2nd overall 2nd in pass yards per game2nd in total points given up and 9th against the run . RGIII IS good but will be no match for the Steelers Defense only 1 Rookie QB has ever beaten a Dick LeBeau led Defense so i don't understand your problem with DL he has solid game plans every week but if the players don't make the plays you can put who ever you want on the sidelines it won't make any difference ,For example Wade Phillips has been the Defensive coordinator for the Texans for a few years and there Defense was horrible for almost every year untill the last 2 years because he has the talent on the field.If you played Football you would get it.

p.s

DBR96A
10-23-2012, 12:45 PM
I will answer the topic title with a similar run-on sentence:

"Dick LeBeau has always been good at confusing rookie QBs I'd like to see Ben throw at least three TD passes on Sunday."

:yellowthumb:

scudmissile29
10-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Spoken like a true Steelers fan...

oh here we go again.

We win one ****ing game and we are invincible, the Steelers defense can do no wrong (connecticut fan)

I've played enough sport (football district level that's state level in usa i guess) to know the difference between a good player and a good team.

lebeau can't do **** no more and its the ****ing bengals who are now 3-4.

we go around acting as if we beat someone ****ing credible and it wasn't a great performance barring a few players

TEEMONT
10-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Man...I hate agreeing with the doucher above me....but he's right....

Steeler colored glasses are one of the reasons I left this site for so long....people cant ever be objective when talking abotu the Steelers...its annoying as ****...

Big T
10-23-2012, 01:48 PM
It seems as though you've misunderstood my comment (shocker)...

Im not saying RGIII won't have a good game. Saying you can't wait for an opposing QB to come in and "dick all over leBeau's defense" is disgusting.

jpele
10-23-2012, 01:53 PM

Im not saying RGIII won't have a good game. Saying you can't wait for an opposing QB to come in and "dick all over leBeau's defense" is disgusting.

Not so disgusting coming from a Browns or Raven fan, or whatever team he likes.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

scudmissile29
10-23-2012, 01:59 PM

So I never said I want the Steelers to lose.

I want the Steelers to win, but I want Griffin to showcase his talent and keep on doing so. An amazing talent.

But wait,

I must say we will hold griffin to 0.0 rating because that's what LeBeau has done in the past!

You will all find out Griffin isn't really Brady Quinn or Andy Dalton.

I can just see next week, defense will be bashed after being praised this week, I can wait for it.

Big T
10-23-2012, 02:06 PM
So I never said I want the Steelers to lose.

I want the Steelers to win, but I want Griffin to showcase his talent and keep on doing so. An amazing talent.

But wait,

I must say we will hold griffin to 0.0 rating because that's what LeBeau has done in the past!

You will all find out Griffin isn't really Brady Quinn or Andy Dalton.

I can just see next week, defense will be bashed after being praised this week, I can wait for it.

Again, I never said anything about Griffin being Brady Quinn. Griffin has played extremely well abd has been extremely impressive, and I see him only getting better. I've been a fan of his. My comments had nothing to do with him not being capable of dicking on leBeau's defense, he obviously is, but I'd rather not see it happen.

connecticutsteel
10-23-2012, 06:57 PM
NOR DID I I THINK RGIII IS VERY TALENTED BUT HE IS NOT on my team so he is the enemy .By the way who did you have in mind to replace Dick Le Beau anyway what coordinator?

connecticutsteel
10-23-2012, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=DBR96A;515985]I will answer the topic title with a similar run-on sentence:

"Dick LeBeau has always been good at confusing rookie QBs I'd like to see Ben throw at least three TD passes on Sunday."

That's what i said.

SnakeEyes43
10-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Screw RGIII, I hope he plays like sh*t. I could care less about the opposing QB. If that's "Steeler colored glasses" then, well...too bad. That's why I avoid fantasy football, because I could never root for a player on an opposing team, like some of my friends do every week.
"Man I need Green to get a few more touches!" That crap drives me nuts.

elephantman
10-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhh

he wont be better than Luck..RG3's dont win SB's, Luck's Do!!

Real Deal Steel
10-24-2012, 11:07 AM
I only have allegiance to my Steelers. I wish only dick and destruction to all who go against my Steelers. Period.

Real Deal Steel
10-24-2012, 11:10 AM
1. Vince Young won ROY....then was never heard of again.
2. Cam Newton won ROY.....and is preceding to be never heard of again.
3. RGIII will win ROY...and I predict the same fate for him as the two guys above him.

Once the league gets film on after the first year, and you can't really read defenses and pass like classic QB's..your done.

I don't believe in RGIII. Not yet. Do it over and over again like real QB's do and then I"ll revise my opinion.

RGIII is just this year's Vince Young or Cam Newton.

Big T
10-24-2012, 12:34 PM
1. Vince Young won ROY....then was never heard of again.
2. Cam Newton won ROY.....and is preceding to be never heard of again.
3. RGIII will win ROY...and I predict the same fate for him as the two guys above him.

Once the league gets film on after the first year, and you can't really read defenses and pass like classic QB's..your done.

I don't believe in RGIII. Not yet. Do it over and over again like real QB's do and then I"ll revise my opinion.

RGIII is just this year's Vince Young or Cam Newton.

Cam Newton was unbelievable and the coaching staff is the problem this year. Vince Young only won rookie of the year because the Titans won some games. RGIII being clumped in with all the running QBs is ignorant. Those three are completley different players. He's a black QB who's fast, he's Vick, Young, Cam...He's not a running QB who can throw. He's a passer who can run. I hate when people try to make him out to be Vick or Vince Young. RGIII can read defenses lol. You don't have a 70% completion percentage and run 9 different sets if you can't read defenses. RGIII will be a star for years in this league.

Real Deal Steel
10-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Those are the same things that were said about Newton at the end of last year. And it's not the offense's problems in Carolina..it's a Newton problem. That's the same excuses they used for Vince Young.

The truth of the matter is that running QB's don't win long term. Period. Steve Young learned to stop running and learned to check down to the 3rd WR and became a real QB. He's the exception.

Running QB's can't really pass and really don't know the intricacies of passing. And all these Super Bowls with no real running QB winning ONE, is proof of that.

Real Deal Steel
10-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Another bum is Alex Smith. Came out of Utah being a running QB too.

Notice how Steve Smith doesn't put up big seasonal numbers either in Carolina?
Just like none of the WR's who's played with Smith put up seasonal numbers too? It's not a coincidence. Roddy White didn't become good until AFTER Michael Vick left.

No seasonal big numbers for any of Vince Young's WR's either.

scudmissile29
10-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Those are the same things that were said about Newton at the end of last year. And it's not the offense's problems in Carolina..it's a Newton problem. That's the same excuses they used for Vince Young.

The truth of the matter is that running QB's don't win long term. Period. Steve Young learned to stop running and learned to check down to the 3rd WR and became a real QB. He's the exception.

Running QB's can't really pass and really don't know the intricacies of passing. And all these Super Bowls with no real running QB winning ONE, is proof of that.

LMAO

RG3 is nothing like Vick, Newton or Young.

He's a passer first who happens to be fast and black.

nice comparisons.

Big T
10-24-2012, 03:15 PM
You have major issues with listening. I don't know if you're having trouble grasping what I'm saying but I'll try again. The Vick/Vince Young comparisons are HORRIBLE comparisons. They're downright idiotic. Any black athletic QB is clumped in with them. Vick and Young were never, NEVER, considered great passers, EVER... Please try to understand that. And both of them comin out were considered to be pretty much f*cking idiots. Michael Vick shattered the mold of the typical NFL QB and Vince Young was a winner. That's why they were drafted where they were. Michael Vick is the quintessential running QB, your WR stat arguments are completely unrelated to this conversation. Of course roddy white never out up big numbers while Vick was there (Roddy's rookie and 2nd year) because he was a f*cking running back playing QB. Seasonal numbers? Steve Smith has played ONE season with a rookie Cam Newton and it revitalized his career. I guess 72 catches, 1400 yards and 7 TDs are horrible stats to you. There's a reason Steve Smith wanted out of Carolina previous to last season and doesn't any more. "just like none of the WRs who's played with Steve Smith out up seasonal numbers too?"... Again, idiotic argument. Steve Smith was the only receiver they had last year. The rest were complete scrubs. How many receivers on one team do you want having 72 catches, 1400 yards and 7 TDs? Let alone in a QBs rookie year. You're arguments don't apply.

RGIII is a COMPLETELY different breed. Again, try to grasp this concept I'm begging you. RGIII graduated in 3 years with a degree in Political Science and a 3.67 GPA. He can throw the ball with the best of them, something every scout has said, ad something no scouts said about Vick or Young. He's extremely bright and can actually read defenses, again something neither Vick nor Young could ever do.

But since he's a black QB that can run, he's automatically only a running QB who can't throw or read defenses. Your ignorance is blinding and to be honest is coming off pretty racist. The sad part is, you aren't the only one who sees an athletic, black QB and thinks he cant throw or adapt.

LatrobePA
10-24-2012, 03:33 PM
RGIII is a smart kid that will be winning games via passing for a long long time. Good thing his coaches realize his talent and can game plan around it. He's in the right system...

Real Deal Steel
10-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Big T

Blah, blah, blah, blah...heard it all before. I'm listening to you. But I don't agree with you. I"ve heard this same aregument through the ages from Steve Grogan, Randall Cunningham..all the way to RGIII.

Running QB's don't win Super Bowls. Period.

Notice all the Cam Newton ball washers are hiding now huh?? A year from now, the RGIII ball washers will be hiding too. And Big T will have a case of amnesia about all the stuff he's saying about RGIII.

scudmissile29
10-24-2012, 05:15 PM
RGIII is a smart kid that will be winning games via passing for a long long time. Good thing his coaches realize his talent and can game plan around it. He's in the right system...

rg3 very sexy with the throwing.

He's my favourite player in the league right now. Haven't liked someone this much since Willie Parker back in the 00's.