PDA

View Full Version : Emmanuel Sanders and the mysterious cramping

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2012, 09:00 AM
Can somebody pull Emmanuel Sanders aside this week and get him signed up for some acting classes? I'm all for finding an advantage in a game, making your own luck, or whatever you want to call it, but if you're going to fake an injury at least make it believable.

You're standing around in the huddle and then you casually fall down and all of the sudden there are trainers around you stretching out a cramp. When Collinsworth and Michaels can spot that and laugh about it you know it was obvious.

LatrobePA
10-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Lol the trainers should be in there as best supporting... That was some funny chit!

Speeed
10-22-2012, 09:56 AM
If indeed he were faking, then shame on him. That is poor sportsmanship. If not, then no worries. Sadly, we will never know. I bet the Steelers will hear from the league about this incident.

steelersbabex25
10-22-2012, 09:57 AM
It's one of those things that's not funny when the opponent does it. But when your team does it it's hilarious.

cmerrifield
10-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Why do people think he faked it, what advantage was that for us? It pulled him off the field for a key 3rd down and we wanted the clock to keep moving.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Goodfrom55
10-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Why do people think he faked it, what advantage was that for us? It pulled him off the field for a key 3rd down and we wanted the clock to keep moving.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

He saves the Steelers a timeout because on the previous play, Ben was destroyed by the Bengals defense. Manny cramping up bought the Steelers some time without having to use a timeout.

cmerrifield
10-22-2012, 10:16 AM
He saves the Steelers a timeout because on the previous play, Ben was destroyed by the Bengals defense. Manny cramping up bought the Steelers some time without having to use a timeout.

Oh, I guess I didnt think of that, I just couldnt figure out why he would fake them, thanks.

connecticutsteel
10-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Hey the hell with Collinsworth and Michaels as long as the refs bought it he did his duty

BLACKandGOLD
10-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Haha it was a little cheap and I would be upset if an opponent did it but I thoroughly enjoyed it

steelersbabex25
10-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Wasn't as bad as the team last year who had two players go down randomly in the huddle..

K Train
10-22-2012, 11:37 AM
hilarious when he jogged out the next play

JensK
10-22-2012, 11:57 AM
While I'm not saying that he did not fake it, it is not uncommon in sports to have cramps such as that. Furthermore, it is not uncommon for it to go away really swiftly too if you stretch if properly. My point is, if he actually had a cramp it would not be strange at all if he was able to play and run again perfectly fine the next play. If you've ever played or watched soccer you know this.

LatrobePA
10-22-2012, 12:02 PM
While I'm not saying that he did not fake it, it is not uncommon in sports to have cramps such as that. Furthermore, it is not uncommon for it to go away really swiftly too if you stretch if properly. My point is, if he actually had a cramp it would not be strange at all if he was able to play and run again perfectly fine the next play. If you've ever played or watched soccer you know this.

Dude he faked it.. lol

K Train
10-22-2012, 12:13 PM
total fake lol

steelersbabex25
10-22-2012, 01:17 PM
It could actually happen. But he looked over to the sidelines and then dropped to the ground.

Steeldriven
10-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Teams have been doing the fake injury thing for awhile...some call it cheap, others call it savvy. I could care less but you like to see a better acting job. At least it wasn't as bad as the giants last year when 2 guys flopped at the same time.

tburg68
10-22-2012, 02:35 PM
It's one of those things that's not funny when the opponent does it. But when your team does it it's hilarious.

If indeed he were faking, then shame on him. That is poor sportsmanship. If not, then no worries. Sadly, we will never know. I bet the Steelers will hear from the league about this incident.

Maybe you are onto something babe.

steelersbabex25
10-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Maybe you are onto something babe.

Everyone else thinks it's funny..

Goodfrom55
10-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Call it what you will, but that stuff happens all around the NFL on various plays. . .like running into the punter. The punter barely gets touched and falls to the ground like they have to bring out the crash cart for him. WHen linemen push ahd shove and to get a penalty, the shoved linemen will fall on his back Greg "The Hammer" Valentine.

I don't particularly agree with it, but if everyone else is doing it, why shouldn't the Steelers join the party?

jpele
10-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Wonder if Manny will find it funny on "NFL fine day"?

Clevelandsux
10-22-2012, 08:43 PM
he deserves an academy award. classic.lol

BubbyBlister
10-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Heck that was a obvious fake and can't believe some here think that was a real injury. Think it was Joe Nedney for the Titans that fake a running into the kicker on us in the playoffs. Everybody watching knew it was BS including the announcers and that cost us our season. Bout time we get back at another team lol.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2012, 09:30 AM
he deserves an academy award. classic.lol

LOL no he needs acting lessons, it was so unbelievably unbelievable :lol:

Now Drew Bulter, he's a pretty good actor, maybe Sanders can learn something.

terrible.towel43
10-23-2012, 09:51 AM
It was on C'mon man and Sanders made it his cover photo on Facebook LOL

steelersbabex25
10-23-2012, 10:07 AM
It was on C'mon man and Sanders made it his cover photo on Facebook LOL

With the caption, "the cramp was real ;)" :duh: :rofl:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2012, 12:32 PM
They could at least work on their timing if they want to pull that off:

Ben : Waving to sideline for trainers
Manny: standing in huddle
Ben: Dude, WTF are you doing, you have a cramp remember!??
Manny: Oh ****, my bad... OUCH OUCH MY LEG!!!