PDA

View Full Version : STEELERS SHOW FIGHT AS COLON EXPLODES!

steelspikes
10-22-2012, 07:40 AM
It sounds like a medical nightmare that might follow eating some sort of industrial grade raisin bran: EXPLODING COLON! Instead it was a brawling Left Guard named Willie Colon going "mad dog" (after the the whistle had blown) on a rookie named Burfict...a player no team in its right mind would touch with a ten foot pole. The most amazing thing was that no penalty was called on Colon, as he churned his legs while driving down on Burfict (who was on his back). It was a little crazy, but drove home the point: the Steelers weren't playin'. This game had to be won and it was going to be won in the trenches.
What followed was the best O-Line performance of the year, despite being without two starters. Ben got sacked twice, but for the most part had time to throw. Dwyer looked like a young Jerome Bettis in gaining over 100 yards rushing. Lets hope the momentum continues and the team can string together some consecutive wins now.

P.S. Go to post #23 or #25 for a vid clip of nasty Willie Colon in action.

ChucktownSteeler
10-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Colon had a nice game!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2012, 10:04 AM
I absolutely loved seeing Colon play like that. At this point I don't care if he gets flagged for a personal foul, he was the first one to get an attitude, show some fight, and not take any **** from the defense. I was cheering for him last night, that's the kind of fight we need to see out of these guys every week now.

Clearly he had his best game of the season so far. The only really bad play he had was the sack that he allowed on Ben, other than that he was pulling and blocking down like a machine for the most part.

SnakeEyes43
10-22-2012, 11:07 AM
I loved it! Get em' Willie!

Goodfrom55
10-22-2012, 11:09 AM
very impressed overall with the O-line, starting with Colon. No holding penalties (except for one on heath). Amams held his own last night as well.

connecticutsteel
10-22-2012, 12:07 PM
IMAGINE when Mr. Personality David DeCastro gets back to full strength and Pouncey OMG WE will be unstoppable.

BLACKandGOLD
10-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Colon is a beast when it comes to run-blocking. Its nice to see him performing well for us, we definitely need him to stay at this level the rest of the season.

LatrobePA
10-22-2012, 12:13 PM
When is DD suppose to be back..

steelersbabex25
10-22-2012, 12:15 PM
When is DD suppose to be back..

Next season...

LatrobePA
10-22-2012, 12:16 PM
No they put him on the new IR didn't they? Meaning they can pull him off after week 8, I thought..

steelersbabex25
10-22-2012, 12:18 PM
No they put him on the New IR didn't they? Meaning they can pull him off after week 8, I thought..

Oh right, they did. Well in that case I don't know. Last I heard he was walking with a brace.

LatrobePA
10-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Oh right, they did. Well in that case I don't know. Last I heard he was walking with a brace.

I thought I saw something that he was at a Stanford game moving around good w/ out a limp or brace. Would be nice to have him back in time for a push..

SnakeEyes43
10-22-2012, 12:25 PM

He didn't have a brace on last night when he was on the sidelines.

steelersbabex25
10-22-2012, 12:26 PM
He didn't have a brace on last night when he was on the sidelines.

I said last I heard..sheesh.

K Train
10-22-2012, 12:36 PM
that play with colon burying burfict and trying to put him 6 feet under was just awesome. haley did nice things with colon and helping out mike adams, im gad **** bag collinsworth gave heath a few shout outs for how awesome he was blocking

JensK
10-22-2012, 12:58 PM
As for DD, he could be back as early as sometime November.

LatrobePA
10-22-2012, 01:03 PM
that play with colon burying burfict and trying to put him 6 feet under was just awesome. haley did nice things with colon and helping out mike adams, im gad **** bag collinsworth gave heath a few shout outs for how awesome he was blocking

I loved it! How about that rookie? He's going to be a stud for Cinci..

K Train
10-22-2012, 01:13 PM
loved burfict coming out, never seen such an epic fall from such ****** predraft workouts and interviews

jnes1216
10-22-2012, 02:58 PM
I think that was my favorite play of the game!!

Stone
10-22-2012, 03:29 PM
It must be that right tackle position! Mike Adams looked like he was blind folded until after the snap.

Willie looked good and he looked mean....love it!

steelspikes
10-22-2012, 05:19 PM
I loved it! How about that rookie? He's going to be a stud for Cinci..

Burfict's biggest challenge will be how he responds to the voices in his head; if he can shut them up he'll be a star...if not, he'll implode like so many "problem cases" before him have. Despite having to face him twice a year, would rather see him keep it together than to go off the deep end.

steelspikes
10-22-2012, 05:21 PM
I think that was my favorite play of the game!! Absolutely; set the Steelers on fire.

Big T
10-22-2012, 06:37 PM
That game was exactly what I expected when he was moved to guard in training camp. Mauler in the run game and just straight up nasty. That play was absolutely beautiful. Hopefully he keeps it up.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1598051/willieburfictmakeout.gif

K Train
10-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Burfict's biggest challenge will be how he responds to the voices in his head; if he can shut them up he'll be a star...if not, he'll implode like so many "problem cases" before him have. Despite having to face him twice a year, would rather see him keep it together than to go off the deep end.

hes not really a problem though, he just would always snap in the game and get a penalty, coaching usually helps that. not like hes bad off the field, on field problems are correctable. the man is talented, the ray lewis comparisons are legit

steelspikes
10-22-2012, 07:59 PM
That game was exactly what I expected when he was moved to guard in training camp. Mauler in the run game and just straight up nasty. That play was absolutely beautiful. Hopefully he keeps it up.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1598051/willieburfictmakeout.gif

Thanks for posting vid, Big T. Love it. I'm not such a tech-ee. The big T-shirt in San Antonio (where I live) last year was a quote by Spurs Head Coach "Pop" -- "I Want Some Nasty!" Just what the Dr. ordered for the Steelers in this game and moving forward.

steelchamp204
10-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Anyone feel like this game lastnight was Cowher kind of days (please, I am not trying to start Cowher vs. Tomlin here). I mean, when Cinci new Dwyer was going to run the ball, we ran it, and ran it well. The way the defense played in the 4th quarter also. It took me back in the day for a little bit lol.

I said last week we were going to go on a 4 game winstreak also. Right now I need 3 more games :)

Clevelandsux
10-22-2012, 09:50 PM
willies lucky he didnt get kicked out of the game.Never been a big fan of willie, but he did have a good game last night.

Steeler4life
10-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Anyone feel like this game lastnight was Cowher kind of days (please, I am not trying to start Cowher vs. Tomlin here). I mean, when Cinci new Dwyer was going to run the ball, we ran it, and ran it well. The way the defense played in the 4th quarter also. It took me back in the day for a little bit lol.

I said last week we were going to go on a 4 game winstreak also. Right now I need 3 more games :)

Actually yes, I was thinking that too today, especially in the 2nd half, Dwyer wearing them down like the Bus used too.