PDA

View Full Version : Defense finally found that killer instinct

BlitzburghRockCity
10-21-2012, 11:36 PM
All I can say is, I haven't seen a defense finish like that in a year, maybe 2. With 8 minutes to go they get a 3 and out. Keenan Lewis was lights out tonight, Ike Taylor had his best game all year long (even if he did have help), Ziggy Hood had 3 batted down passes I believe, hell even Keisel was getting pressure.

Secondary had blanket coverage in the second half; although let's be fair other than Green and Gresham the Bengals have nobody else. Still I'll take the win.

That first quarter drive that Cincy had of 80 yds was the most damage they did all night long.

Credit Lebeau with a gameplan that adjusted at half time and shut down Dalton and the pretender Bengals. For as much **** as we give this unit, they responded.

Now can they do it for 2 weeks in a row?

steelersbabex25
10-21-2012, 11:38 PM
They finally had a good fourth quarter. Hopefully it's not just a fluke and they finally got their heads out of their asses.

Crowned
10-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Defense played okay. Not to be "that guy" but seemed like Bengals were just missing the plays for the most part. We have to shore up the run defense imo too many plays should be stopped and then go on for 3-4 more yards with black jerseys all around.

steelersbabex25
10-21-2012, 11:40 PM
Defense played okay. Not to be "that guy" but seemed like Bengals were just missing the plays for the most part. We have to shore up the run defense imo too many plays should be stopped and then go on for 3-4 more yards with black jerseys all around.

Like the guys on our offense weren't missing plays? I'd say the offenses were pretty equal in that respect.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-21-2012, 11:44 PM

The run defense was somewhat shaky tonight but I think the plan was clearly not to let AJ Green beat them and force other Bengals WR's to beat them which didn't happen.....The Bengals were gift wrapped one TD due to Ben's fumble....Really the D did a great job tonight and really I have no complaints......I still would like to see more consistent pressure........

Crowned
10-22-2012, 12:47 AM
Like the guys on our offense weren't missing plays? I'd say the offenses were pretty equal in that respect.

but I'm not praising the Bengals defense for it.

steelersbabex25
10-22-2012, 08:19 AM
but I'm not praising the Bengals defense for it.

Just saying that both offenses were pretty equal..so my only answer is that our defense played a better game. Which they did, I would say.

Farrior Fan
10-25-2012, 12:34 PM
I was really happy with the D after that first drive. We didn't need to bring pressure because Dalton was throwing so quick anyways which worked to our advantage since he wasn't giving Green time to get open.

Lets give Lebeau some credit, he made adjustments and they worked. It will be a different offense we face this week, I'm betting we play with almost no pass rush, just let our Dline keep rg3 behind the line and make him beat us with his arm. Or he can try to run outside and get past our LBs.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Considering how bad things have gone late in games this year I was happy to see the defense step up. Even if the Bengals offense isn't anything close to elite, I'll take what I can get.

The real key is if they can put back to back games together like that.

ChucktownSteeler
10-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Lets pray it continues.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-26-2012, 07:41 PM
We are gonna need another effort Sunday like last Sunday night from the D:tt02:

SuperSteelers
10-28-2012, 11:54 AM
All I can say is, I haven't seen a defense finish like that in a year, maybe 2. With 8 minutes to go they get a 3 and out. Keenan Lewis was lights out tonight, Ike Taylor had his best game all year long (even if he did have help), Ziggy Hood had 3 batted down passes I believe, hell even Keisel was getting pressure.

Secondary had blanket coverage in the second half; although let's be fair other than Green and Gresham the Bengals have nobody else. Still I'll take the win.

That first quarter drive that Cincy had of 80 yds was the most damage they did all night long.

Credit Lebeau with a gameplan that adjusted at half time and shut down Dalton and the pretender Bengals. For as much **** as we give this unit, they responded.

Now can they do it for 2 weeks in a row?

In all due respect the Bengals helped them out with drop passes.