PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Wallace dropping too many passes

muncher
10-21-2012, 10:50 PM
it should be obvious to anyone that knows football that brown is the better of the two

NYCsteelersfan
10-21-2012, 11:12 PM
What's obvious, as I've said since last year, is that Wallace is NOT a number one receiver. Neither is Brown, though. Just look at Eli Manning's receivers. Cruz and Hicks are both number one receivers. Coughlin knows how to draft.

NYCsteelersfan
10-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Wallace is a fantastic number two. He doesn't "suck."

Big T
10-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Jesus Christ. Wallace drops two balls, he sucks. Antonio Brown drops two balls, f*cking crickets. This thread is retarded.

An by the way, I'm not making excuses for Wallace. There's no question he needs to make those two catches. Straight up drops, not acceptable. But the Wallace hate around here every single time he makes a mistake is unbelievable.

cmerrifield
10-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Jesus Christ. Wallace drops two balls, he sucks. Antonio Brown drops two balls, f*cking crickets. This thread is retarded.

An by the way, I'm not making excuses for Wallace. There's no question he needs to make those two catches. Straight up drops, not acceptable. But the Wallace hate around here every single time he makes a mistake is unbelievable.

He has dropped three.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Big T
10-21-2012, 11:37 PM
He has dropped three.

No. That pass in the endzone was tipped. It hit him, but it wasnt a drop.

cmerrifield
10-21-2012, 11:44 PM
No. That pass in the endzone was tipped. It hit him, but it wasnt a drop.

Tipped or not it was a catchable ball

Big T
10-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Tipped or not it was a catchable ball

Have you ever played receiver? ****, even a backyard game? When a pass is tipped a yard in front of your face, it is unbelievably hard to adjust to that.

You're being unreasonably stubborn.

cmerrifield
10-21-2012, 11:47 PM
Have you ever played receiver? ****, even a backyard game? When a pass is tipped a yard in front of your face, it is unbelievably hard to adjust to that.

I never got paid 2.7 million to catch balls. Not unreasonable, just saying it may not be an official drop, but he should have caught that.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-21-2012, 11:48 PM

Agree....after that ball was tipped it would have been very hard for Wallace to come up with...

steelersbabex25
10-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Woodley caught a tipped pass...........

steelersbabex25
10-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Jkjkjkjkjkjk. But he needs to catch those other 2, no question.

Big T
10-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Lol no doubt. Those other two were inexcusable, but can't blame him for the one in the endzone.

Big T
10-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Yikes. Tough night for Wallace.

cmerrifield
10-22-2012, 12:19 AM
Fine, now he has three

Big T
10-22-2012, 12:21 AM
Fine, now he has three

Yes, yes he does lol

cmerrifield
10-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Listen, I love Wallace but he is a little like Faneca his last season here. He did his job, but you could tell his lack of money bothered him. He didn't play with the same heart.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2012, 12:33 AM
Wallace did not have a good night at all.....but he not quite suck material here folks.

steelersbabex25
10-22-2012, 12:34 AM
Listen, I love Wallace but he is a little like Faneca his last season here. He did his job, but you could tell his lack of money bothered him. He didn't play with the same heart.

He's kind of being asked to do a little more than he was in the last few seasons too. He has to do a little more work being in the short game as well as the deep balls.

Crowned
10-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Coughlin knows how to draft.

Lol Cruz was undrafted... I'm sure you knew that though since you're so intelligent.

Real Deal Steel
10-22-2012, 12:39 AM

Big T

The reason you see these guys talking about Wallace is because everyone knows he's not going to be here next year.

Real Deal Steel
10-22-2012, 12:40 AM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2012, 12:46 AM
Wallace **** the bed tonight and really can't defend him.........Hopefully something lights a fire under his ***......

steelersbabex25
10-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Wallace **** the bed tonight and really can't defend him.........Hopefully something lights a fire under his ***......

It's called a big fat paycheck.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2012, 12:51 AM
It's called a big fat paycheck.

I know that but him dropping passes isn't going to help him getting a big day even from another team.....He was terrible tonight and I was really disappointed in his performance........

steelersbabex25
10-22-2012, 12:52 AM
I know that but him dropping passes isn't going to help him getting a big day even from another team.....He was terrible tonight and I was really disappointed in his performance........

He's not going to care until he gets paid. And he's not going to get paid until he cares. Which comes first..the chicken or the egg..

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2012, 12:56 AM
He's not going to care until he gets paid. And he's not going to get paid until he cares. Which comes first..the chicken or the egg..

good question.....

Real Deal Steel
10-22-2012, 01:02 AM

wow.

NYCsteelersfan
10-22-2012, 01:06 AM
Lol Cruz was undrafted... I'm sure you knew that though since you're so intelligent.

I never said that Coughlin drafted Cruz, but I'm sure you didn't realize that since you're clearly an idiot with nothing else to contribute.

LevonKirkland99
10-22-2012, 01:29 AM
Wallace looks like h just had a bad game. I'm sure he'll bounce back against the Deadskins.

K Train
10-22-2012, 02:10 AM
What's obvious, as I've said since last year, is that Wallace is NOT a number one receiver. Neither is Brown, though. Just look at Eli Manning's receivers. Cruz and Hicks are both number one receivers. Coughlin knows how to draft.
cruz is not a #1 lol, hes a slot guy that doing ok as a #2 now

this thread is dumb, wallace had some drops but it happens, he made some plays too.

also, i love when sanders gets the ball. hes just so pumped all the time

connecticutsteel
10-22-2012, 02:27 AM
How about that great pass that Batch dropped from AB that was a sure TD

AND FYI Coughlin was going to cut Cruz but Hixon got hurt and they kept him according to Coughlin .also Jerry Reese makes the draft decisions in ny

NYCsteelersfan
10-22-2012, 02:35 AM
cruz is not a #1 lol, hes a slot guy that doing ok as a #2 now

If Wallace is supposedly a number one, then that makes Cruz a number one because he's 10x better than Wallace.

NYCsteelersfan
10-22-2012, 02:36 AM
AND FYI Coughlin was going to cut Cruz but Hixon got hurt and they kept him according to Coughlin .also Jerry Reese makes the draft decisions in ny

I'm sure Coughlin has plenty of say whether that fact is publicized or not.

Crowned
10-22-2012, 03:07 AM
Wallace isn't a #1 either.

Zachintosh66
10-22-2012, 04:00 AM

Love how Wallace drops 5 tonight, and people point out ONE that someone else dropped...

Wallace had one hit him in the arm in the EZ too. Yes, was tipped, but still hit him in the arm. COME ON MAN

Nolrog
10-22-2012, 07:27 AM
I was highly disappointed in the entire receiving corps and how many balls they dropped.

Wallace was dropping ones hitting him in the hands. I thought he had an especially bad night with that. He wound up with 8 catches in 15 targets for 52 yards. Should have been at least 3 more catches. This has become a disturbing trend this year.

It's not unreasonable to speculate that he's got the contract on his mind (or lack of a long term deal) and that's affecting his play. As babe points out above, he's put himself in a catch 22; can't produce without the deal, can't get the deal unless he produces.

Brown wound up with 7 catches in 8 targets for 96 yards.

ChucktownSteeler
10-22-2012, 08:07 AM
It is obvious that A. Brown is the best and most valuable receiver on this team. You can argue if he is a #1 or #2 until the cows come home, but I will take him any day over Wallace. Also, Sanders showed some serious speed last night.

Either Wallace head/ heart is no longer in it or he has been hurt by the hold-out.

Antonio Brown - MVP

The debate is over!

C-town

Speeed
10-22-2012, 08:48 AM
It does not matter who tipped ball (or any ball for that matter) playoff caliber teams make those plays. Especially for TD's and first downs. The fact is all of them need to make those plays if they plan on challenging for the division.

LatrobePA
10-22-2012, 09:02 AM
I don't care what people out here think, AB is the clear #1 IMO! Wallace is not real good right now!

steelersbabex25
10-22-2012, 09:16 AM
If I had any say in anything, I'd be on mission "get the ball to Sanders more." He's clutch.

steelersbabex25
10-22-2012, 09:16 AM

Batch is also a running back. Not a receiver.

greg1964
10-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Mike Wallace is the best 9 route runner in the NFL: but the Steelers will move the ball better with Brown, Snaders, and JC the with Wallace on the field. Did Wallace morf in Linas Sweed over the off season. The man just can't catch the ball any more.

Stone
10-22-2012, 10:31 AM
I firmly believe that Wallace is timid. He can't catch the ball in traffic (alligator arms) and he runs like he fears being hit.

cbrunn
10-22-2012, 10:55 AM
LOL the Wallace hate is so funny .... Yes Wallace had a bad night, but Wallace has 4 TDs this season still, that's about as much as Brown has his whole career ...

Where was the hate when Brown cost us the game with that fumble??

But anyway I know everybody loves Brown because his personality is more Likeable but I think even Brown will tell you Wallace on the field makes his job easier ...

Anyway Motto of the season is "Pay that Man"

Let the Wallace hate continue.... :willybs:

SnakeEyes43
10-22-2012, 11:05 AM
If I had any say in anything, I'd be on mission "get the ball to Sanders more." He's clutch.

Agree 100 percent, especially if Wallace keeps playing like a timid Limas Sweed.

Goodfrom55
10-22-2012, 11:07 AM
He's a good WR, but he has a bad case of the drops lately. Not sure why bewcause he usually has pretty sure hands. Hopefully like a bad case of the trotts, this too shall pass.

Yes, love sanders in space.

LatrobePA
10-22-2012, 11:26 AM
If this team can get healthy and Wallace starts catching more than dropping we can make a scary push...

steelersbabex25
10-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Sanders just wants the ball so badly. Always wants to make a play.

BLACKandGOLD
10-22-2012, 12:24 PM
I think that Brown is by far better than Wallace overall. Brown does it all, he returns kicks, makes tough catches, and is always a threat for a big play. Wallace drops way too many passes, as shown by last night. Wallace still is a good receiver though, you can't take that away from him. His speed alone gives him an advantage.

steelchamp204
10-22-2012, 01:20 PM
I really dont care what some people think in here, In my honest opinion, AB is a complete receiver compared to Wallace. The only knock on AB is he doesnt sniff the endzone as much. It will only come in time when he starts finding the endzone. He moves the chains/goes across the middle/make something out of nothing like he did last night. I also want to see more Sanders get more receptions, dude is a good WR. I want Wallace back next season, but they way he is dropping some of these passes, it's not going to be a huge payday. I think Wallace will break out of this funk and start owning again. He just needs to focus.

Zachintosh66
10-22-2012, 01:41 PM
LOL the Wallace hate is so funny .... Yes Wallace had a bad night, but Wallace has 4 TDs this season still, that's about as much as Brown has his whole career ...

Where was the hate when Brown cost us the game with that fumble??

But anyway I know everybody loves Brown because his personality is more Likeable but I think even Brown will tell you Wallace on the field makes his job easier ...

Anyway Motto of the season is "Pay that Man"

Let the Wallace hate continue.... :willybs:

if TDs is the bench mark then Heath is our #1... Wallace does have top notch speed, but it wont last forever. IMO the #1 WR has already been paid.

Next year move on, AB and Sanders, Jericho, Heath, Rainey...

JoeSteelerFan
10-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Wallace won't be here next season anyhow if he sticks to his current demands. I think AB and Sanders are 2 very good WR's and I think we can secure another quality WR (legit starter) via the draft or Free Agency next season.

Wallace set the entire offense back this year with his selfish and shortsighted negotiating tactics. This is NOT how you do business with the Pittsburgh Steelers if you wish to remain with them.

You're a good WR Mikey, but you're not great like you think you are. I wish you the best.

Goodfrom55
10-22-2012, 02:36 PM
Sanders just wants the ball so badly. Always wants to make a play.

Agreed, always hustling and not afraid to go over the middle. Being a contract year helps as well. He is better than a #3 WR, and depending on whether or not Wallace stays around next season, Sanders can be a #2 here.

Stone
10-22-2012, 03:34 PM
He's a good WR, but he has a bad case of the drops lately. Not sure why bewcause he usually has pretty sure hands. Hopefully like a bad case of the trotts, this too shall pass.

Yes, love sanders in space.

I started noticing last year that he could catch anything if he was behind everyone.....if he was in traffic he barely even tried. I asked how this could be? The only answer I can come up with was that he was scared of getting hurt. So.....I started paying closer attention.....he IS scared!

Watch him when he is trying to catch the ball across the middle....he refuses to get his hands to the ball because he is trying to protect his ribs.

Watch him when he catches the ball in traffic (wide receiver screen) he looks like he is trying to avoid being hit instead of trying to avoid being tackled.

tburg68
10-22-2012, 03:51 PM
This is completely absurd. No excuse for Wallace's TWO drops. Also no excuse for the other drops by ALL of the receivers this year.

Big T
10-22-2012, 06:04 PM
This is completely absurd. No excuse for Wallace's TWO drops. Also no excuse for the other drops by ALL of the receivers this year.

Three. That last one was behind him but he should've had it. Can't blame him for the one in the endzone. As I've said, he had his worst game of his career last night in terms of drops. Those games happen. Luckily not often with Wallace. Look for him to rebound against a ****** secondary next Sunday against Washington.

Clevelandsux
10-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Sick of defending Wallace. This isn't just one bad game. He looks like he's quit. Totally unfocused. If he keeps playing like this, bench him! This is about the third game in a row he's sucked. Mikey if you want the big money, start showing up on gameday! No team offered him a big payday. And if he keeps playing like this, nobody will.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Here is Hines Ward's thoughts on Mike Wallace....I think I valid Ward's opinion.......Wallace finds the endzone which is what I always stated....Sure he drops balls but he is a TD waiting to happen.......I really hate this ongoing war on this site between Brown and Wallace....Fact remains this team needs both of them for this team to win a Super Bowl.....That is going to be my final comment on Mike Wallace/Antonio Brown....I want both of them to beast.....

http://t.co/cUCAHPWX

Is this a bad time to mention that Mike Wallace is on pace for a career-best 11 TD catches? Wait, my math is off .

It's actually 10.66, but instead of "dropping" back to 10, I'm rounding up. Point is, even at his worst -- and Wallace has struggled for the past three games -- this guy finds a way to the end zone. If he is a "one-trick pony," as so many contend, then his trick is pretty good: He catches tons of passes and scores a lot. Any team in the league would be thrilled to have him.

Big T
10-22-2012, 10:11 PM
Here is Hines Ward's thoughts on Mike Wallace....I think I valid Ward's opinion.......Wallace finds the endzone which is what I always stated....Sure he drops balls but he is a TD waiting to happen.......I really hate this ongoing war on this site between Brown and Wallace....Fact remains this team needs both of them for this team to win a Super Bowl.....That is going to be my final comment on Mike Wallace/Antonio Brown....I want both of them to beast.....

http://t.co/cUCAHPWX

Is this a bad time to mention that Mike Wallace is on pace for a career-best 11 TD catches? Wait, my math is off .

It's actually 10.66, but instead of "dropping" back to 10, I'm rounding up. Point is, even at his worst -- and Wallace has struggled for the past three games -- this guy finds a way to the end zone. If he is a "one-trick pony," as so many contend, then his trick is pretty good: He catches tons of passes and scores a lot. Any team in the league would be thrilled to have him.

http://thesecularity.com/download/file.php?id=7457

Real Deal Steel
10-23-2012, 12:00 AM
kinda mad at wallace right now. He cost me my fantasy match up with that drop

steelchamp204
10-23-2012, 02:28 AM
It doesnt really matter, Wallace needs Brown as much as Brown needs Wallace. They compliment each other very well. I want to see Wallace signed soon. That way, for future draft we can restock on Defense.

Raleigh Steel
10-23-2012, 08:24 AM

Reminds me of buddy Ryan saying that all Chris carter does is score touchdowns :lol:

Excellent post btw...

jpele
10-23-2012, 11:29 AM
I get annoyed when anyone drops a pass but what I believe happens with fans in general is , they they buy into the hype that Mike is a top tier NFL receiver and hold him to a higher standard. Don't get me wrong Wallace is very good I just think he's somewhere nearing a top 10 guy not top 3 or 4.

TEEMONT
10-23-2012, 11:47 AM

If he cant find enough reason to care with the tender he was offered this year...then **** him....the Steelers are in deep enough **** with the Salary Cap as it is....they dont need to add to it by paying a guy who's main asset is speed....speed goes away. Being a clutch possesion reciever (who can also return kicks and is also pretty damn fast) doesnt go away.....Brown is the better, more complete reciever....

TEEMONT
10-23-2012, 11:50 AM
If Wallace is supposedly a number one, then that makes Cruz a number one because he's 10x better than Wallace.

10 is a pretty huge multiplier....nothing you say can ever be taken seriously now....

Zachintosh66
10-23-2012, 02:10 PM
PFT says its officially 4 dropped passes

Big T
10-23-2012, 02:24 PM
PFT says its officially 4 dropped passes

PFT doesn't look at games in depth and come up with any official stats. PFF on the other hand does...

After dropping only five passes all of last year and only one coming into Sunday night’s game, Steelers wide receiver*Mike Wallace dropped three of the 14 balls thrown his way. The first two drops would have been surefire first downs as Wallace ran a nifty out route on 3rd-and-9 with 10:37 to go in the first quarter, but he was unable to hold onto the ball. Later in the quarter, Wallace broke free down the middle of the field on a coverage breakdown, but again, he was unable to haul in the pass from Ben Roethlisberger. He added his third drop of the day on a third down slant pass in the fourth quarter, though he was likely going to be tackled short of the first down markers. For the day, Wallace caught eight balls for only 52 yards, including three screen passes. Annually one of the best deep threats in the league, Wallace left a lot of yards on the table in this game due to an uncharacteristically bad day catching the football.

Real Deal Steel
10-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Big T

Why are you worrying so much about Wallace? He won't be here next year. He has one foot out the door. With that said, that doesn't inspire great loyalty among the Steeler nation when we know he's looking to be elsewhere.

Big T
10-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Am I the one who started the thread? Lol.

There's still a chance he's here next year. They aren't going to let him go for nothing, so of he is still around after the trade deadline, he'll most likely be franchised while they try to work out a deal, or be franchised then traded. But this idea that it's a forgone conclusion that he won't be here is a little premature.

connecticutsteel
10-24-2012, 11:20 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/65552/mike-wallaces-drops-are-out-of-character

ARTICLE ABOVE PROVIDES THE STATISTICAL PROOF THAT WALLACE DROPPING BALLS IS UNUSUAL

JensK
10-24-2012, 11:36 AM
And we needed a new topic on this why? There are 2-3 on the first page alone, regarding this.

jnes1216
10-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Like Wallace himself said, at least his bad GAME (emphasis on game lol )did not result in a loss.

Real Deal Steel
10-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Big T

Wallace is starting to act just like Desean Jackson did last year with the Eagles. Dropping balls..lack of intensity. Then, Jackson came out and admitted before this season started that he was holding back.

If Wallace does the drop thing again this week against arguably the weakest secondary in the league, the outcry's against Wallace will be unbelievable next week. Wallace has no excuse this week;either he show up big with at least 100 yards & a TD or it will be ugly in here next week.

Stone
10-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Be honest.....when was the last time Wallace had a stand out game that didn't involve him beating his man deep?

LatrobePA
10-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Be honest.....when was the last time Wallace had a stand out game that didn't involve him beating his man deep?

Long long time ago.... However I think he'll have a 120+ game this week.