PDA

View Full Version : The chance to get back in this division race is today for the Steelers...

Troyisabeast_43
10-21-2012, 09:42 AM
I dont see the Ravens winning their game today in Houston with all of their injuries even if Suggs is a complete moron and does comeback early and play in this game I still think the Ravens lose. They are not as good on the road in particular Joe Flacco and I think the Texans will have a lot to prove today after getting whooped by the Packers at home last Sunday night and they will take their frustrations out today on a banged up Ravens team. The Steelers with a win tonight over the Bengals can get back to .500 at 3-3 and get an AFC win,and get a head to head tiebraker win over the Bengals who would then drop to 3-4 going into their bye week. The Steelers by winning tonight and next week at home against the Redskins combined with a Ravens loss in Houston today and both the Ravens and Bengals having their bye weeks next Sunday have a chance to go to 4-3 and pull back within 1 game of the Ravens in the division going into November with still 2 games left to play against the Ravens in mid November and early December. They simply have to take advantage of this opportunity today. If the Steelers lose this game tonight in Cincy and once again lose in devistating fashion by blowing another 4th quarter lead and losing on a last second FG their season I believe is over and they will not make the playoffs. THIS IS A MUST MUST MUST WIN GAME TONIGHT no ifs,ands or buts about it....

BlitzburghRockCity
10-21-2012, 10:09 AM
This is definitely the biggest pre mid season game we've had in a long, long time. NO matter what you win your home games and win the divisional games.

ChucktownSteeler
10-21-2012, 10:13 AM
I my opinion, every game here on out is a must win.

LatrobePA
10-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Must win game for both teams to say the least, the bungals need it more though..

Black@Gold Forever32
10-21-2012, 11:39 AM
I agree the Steelers can get back in the AFC North race today but they have to win their game......They havn't won a road game yet this season so the game tonight is huge.....The offense better be prepared to score points tonight......

scudmissile29
10-21-2012, 11:39 AM
waiting for suggs to reinjure himself, rushed way back too soon.

Big T
10-21-2012, 12:15 PM
waiting for suggs to reinjure himself, rushed way back too soon.

Agreed. Tearing an Achilles is not something you rush back from. An Achilles tear can really affect a player for the rest of his career, even without being rushed back.

LatrobePA
10-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Agreed. Tearing an Achilles is not something you rush back from. An Achilles tear can really affect a player for the rest of his career, even without being rushed back.

Happened to my mom, tore it all the way and it rolled up her leg, down for a long time.. Granted my mother doesn't have horse teeth and 50lb lips and plays in the NFL!

Real Deal Steel
10-21-2012, 12:42 PM
This is a big game. No doubt. But the truth of the matter is that we need to go on a 5 game winning streak or the season is over.

If they do lose today, I'd rather go 5-11 and secure a high draft pick because Colbert needs all the help he can get drafting because he obvioulsy can't find gems in the later rounds when it comes to defense.

Clevelandsux
10-21-2012, 12:55 PM
what makes you think the bengals need it more? If we lose we're 2-4 and if Ravens win we're in big trouble. Could be out of the division race in october. Could be tied with the Browns. I think it's a must win for both teams.

Also remember all the Steelers losses thus far have been within the conference.

LatrobePA
10-21-2012, 01:20 PM
what makes you think the bengals need it more? If we lose we're 2-4 and if Ravens win we're in big trouble. Could be out of the division race in october. Could be tied with the Browns. I think it's a must win for both teams.

They already lost 2 divisional games, this is our first div game.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Well the Ravens are getting their asses handed to them in Houston.......Steelers need to win tonight....

Troyisabeast_43
10-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Ill say it again the Ravens are horrible on the road and Joe Flacco is even worse. He has looked absolutely horrific today so far in this game. Ravens down 29-3 to Houston at the half. Like I mentioned earlier win tonight and next week against the Redskins at home and you are 4-3 and go into November 1 game back of the Ravens.

Troyisabeast_43
10-21-2012, 02:59 PM
They already lost 2 divisional games, this is our first div game.

I think if the Bengals lose and fall to 3-4 after starting 3-1 and would then be 1-3 in the AFC North it would be a huge huge blow for them heading into their bye week. I hate this Steelers schedule so far this season seeing that all these games we are playing on the road are in primetime for the most part and Im telling you right now teams play over their head and much better when they are in primetime. The schedule so far for the Steelers this season in terms of start times week in and week out is horrible. We have only had one 1 o clock start so far this season through 7 weeks of the season. We have got to be the only team in football with a schedule that is that goofy and screwed up. Plus, we had the early bye week as well which has made us play 1 or sometimes 2 games less then other teams have played so far this season.

Clevelandsux
10-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Regardless, Steelers need this game as bad as anyone.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-21-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm going to stop being negative...No need to be like that....Just positive vibes for tonight.......Come on Stillers beat down the Bungles.....

Troyisabeast_43
10-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Ravens lose by 30 points to Houston. It goes to show you what happens when the Ravens finally play some teams that can actually score points and do somethings. This wasnt Kansas City a few weeks ago who couldnt score on the Ravens which is the only reason they didnt beat them. Here is the Steelers opportunity here and now Ravens now go on their bye week next Sunday the Steelers with wins tonight in Cincy and at home against the Redskins next Sunday have a chance to pull within 1 game of the Ravens for 1st place to start November. In my opinion, if Tomlin cant get this team to play big tonight and win this game seeing that they now have a chance to catch the Ravens then this season is all but over. Another loss in the last minute again tonight by the Steelers and I truly believe their playoff chances are done...

Black@Gold Forever32
10-21-2012, 04:26 PM
43, this is one of the biggest regular season games in recent memory......I swear I'm on pins and needles....

Clevelandsux
10-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Ravens lose by 30 points to Houston. It goes to show you what happens when the Ravens finally play some teams that can actually score points and do somethings. This wasnt Kansas City a few weeks ago who couldnt score on the Ravens which is the only reason they didnt beat them. Here is the Steelers opportunity here and now Ravens now go on their bye week next Sunday the Steelers with wins tonight in Cincy and at home against the Redskins next Sunday have a chance to pull within 1 game of the Ravens for 1st place to start November. In my opinion, if Tomlin cant get this team to play big tonight and win this game seeing that they now have a chance to catch the Ravens then this season is all but over. Another loss in the last minute again tonight by the Steelers and I truly believe their playoff chances are done...

agreed

Troyisabeast_43
10-21-2012, 04:35 PM
43, this is one of the biggest regular season games in recent memory......I swear I'm on pins and needles....I agree with you man 100 percent. This is a game that Mike Tomlin had better win and this defense had better show some signs of improvement and that they are coming out of this funk they are in so far this season. You absolutely cannot afford to fall to 1-4 in the AFC and 2-4 overall only 6 games into the season. The Steelers are already behind such teams in the AFC such as Tennessee,Indy,Buffalo,Miami just to name a few all who have 1 more win then they do. And a loss to Cincy tonight and the Bengals will own a head to head tiebraker over you and have 2 more wins then you do. You cannot afford to keep losing and the bleeding simply has to stop tonight with this team. Things are really really going to get ugly for Mike Tomlin around here tonight if the Steelers once again have a 4th quarter lead and they end up losing on a last second FG. It was bad around here after the Raiders and Titans losses it will be even worse after this game tonight should the Steelers do it once again to a Bengals team they really should be able to beat...

Troyisabeast_43
10-21-2012, 04:45 PM
One more thing I am a huge Troy fan as they come and I cant stand Terrell Suggs but for him to come back and play the way he did today against the Texans after suffering a torn achilles and having surgery just barely over 5 months ago is pretty damn impressive. It's frustrating as hell to see Suggs come back and play after an horrific injury and show some heart and guts and yet Troy pulls his calf muscle and is gone for weeks and months at a time. Troy had better be back in the lineup by the Giants game is all I have to say. There is no reason for him to yet again miss an entire month like he did the first time around. Im sick of seeing him stand on the sideline for 3 hours during a game on a bad calf muscle and yet he is unable to play.

Clevelandsux
10-21-2012, 04:55 PM
agreed on troy. He isn't doing the team any good on the sidelines. He needs to change how he plays. I know some people may critisize me for saying this, but there are smart ways to play without sacrificing your body. Troy isn't 23 anymore.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-21-2012, 05:38 PM
The dude was off nearly a month and couldn't even finish 1 game. I'm not counting on him the rest of the year at this point.

I am semi ok with Will Allen though. He's at least able to stay on the field.

- From BRC's Bionic of Awesomeness