PDA

View Full Version : Is There a storm brewing in Pittsburgh??

LatrobePA
10-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Reading this AM that Ben and Haley aren't getting along real well. Wallace isn't on the same page, Ben's missing reads, using old signals all of which is starting to take a toll.

Question is, if we lose this one will this team start coming apart at the seams??

cbrunn
10-19-2012, 09:02 AM
If Wallace with 21 Catches 345 yards and 4 TD = Wallace not on the same page imagine what that means when he gets on the same page ... anyway that's a reach

Why all the hate for Wallace ... Motto of this season is "Pay That Man"

anyway to answer your question ... this team just isn't the best we've had ... There using Old schemes on defense w/ no pass rush even though they blitz like crazy ... the O-line is the most softest/ injury prone in the league

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Wallace isn't happy because he doesn't have his new contract and because he's not getting every pass this year. That's the way he's always been. if you toss him 10 passes a game he's usually content but now that Ben is spreading the wealth he's getting 4 or 5 looks a game and that's not enough for him.

The Ben and Haley thing; I still think it's blown out of proportion. They've only played 5 games together and old habits die hard. In pressure situations your mind reverts back to what you've always known and for Ben that signals and calls that BA used. We all knew growing pains were going to be evident in this year especially in the first half of the season. As long as the offense can move the ball and score then the rest will work itself it out in time.

Now if they do lose this game coming up then we might see more grumbling. Larry Foote and Harrison have already stated publicly that the defense isn't playing well right now, perhaps getting closer to the panic button as a team, etc. The only way to stop that is to win this game and get some confidence back.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-19-2012, 10:56 AM
If the team keeps losing it will become a big deal but winning cures all.......

BRC I just have to ask something.......Wouldn't keeping Wallace happy by getting him more involved in the offense be a good thing?.....He is the Steelers best and most talented WR.....I know AB fans hate hearing that........lol I like AB but the threat of Wallace deep is what opens up the offense for everybody else......I don't want to see the Steelers throw deep constantly like they did under BA but I do think more shots to Wallace down field should be called.....Against the Titans there was more deep shots called so hopefully that continues.....More shots down field should make things easier in the running game as well.....Of course getting some healthy RB's would be key also....lol

Big T
10-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Every single thing listed is/has been extremely blown out of proportion.

Everything is speculation and it's quite annoying. Every time we lose Ben and Haley hate eachother, Wallace is a selfish scrub, etc...

Where has there been any indication of any if that? And I'm starting to think people are hating on Wallace just for something to do. The man is having a good year, talking about winning a SB and not thinking about a contract, and still he's a selfish scrub.

No one says **** about Antonio Brown catching 4 balls for 20 yards last week. No one says anything about him catching +8 balls than Wallace but only 1 more receiving yard and 1 total TD (3 less than Wallace), that he fumbled and was lucky as hell to get back... And HE'S the one getting paid... Where's the logic?

connecticutsteel
10-19-2012, 10:57 AM
It sound like a bunch of excuses!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Every single thing listed is/has been extremely blown out of proportion.

Everything is speculation and it's quite annoying. Every time we lose Ben and Haley hate eachother, Wallace is a selfish scrub, etc...

Where has there been any indication of any if that? And I'm starting to think people are hating on Wallace just for something to do. The man is having a good year, talking about winning a SB and not thinking about a contract, and still he's a selfish scrub.

No one says **** about Antonio Brown catching 4 balls for 20 yards last week. No one says anything about him catching +8 balls than Wallace but only 1 more receiving yard and 1 total TD (3 less than Wallace), that he fumbled and was lucky as hell to get back... And HE'S the one getting paid... Where's the logic?

Everytime AB makes a mistake I say something......For the reason like you said AB did get his contract and Wallace didn't.....I like AB but I will say it again Wallace should have received the contract first since he finds the endzone more then AB.......Its much easier to find a WR like AB then a Mike Wallace.......There are plenty of move the chain WR's out there but there isn't many WR's that have the speed of a Mike Wallace.......

Big T
10-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Everytime AB makes a mistake I say something......For the reason like you said AB did get his contract and Wallace didn't.....I like AB but I will say it again Wallace should have received the contract first since he finds the endzone more then AB.......Its much easier to find a WR like AB then a Mike Wallace.......There are plenty of move the chain WR's out there but there isn't many WR's that have the speed of a Mike Wallace.......

I know you've said ****, I just meant the non-"Wallace apologists"... But I definitely agree with everything you said.

LatrobePA
10-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Honestly the last of my concerns is offense, I just found these articles interesting and it got me thinking.

Real Deal Steel
10-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Reading this AM that Ben and Haley aren't getting along real well. Wallace isn't on the same page, Ben's missing reads, using old signals all of which is starting to take a toll.

Question is, if we lose this one will this team start coming apart at the seams??

So Ben is missing reads? That is Ben's fault for not being professional enough to learn the playbook properly. Ben received a 100 mil contract so as a professional he should take it upon himself to be a leader and learn the playbook inside out.

The game can be won at home in preparatory work. Ask Peyton Manning.

Raleigh Steel
10-19-2012, 11:47 AM
After 5 games Haley is out and Kirby Wilson will be OC next season. :rolleyes:

Bens off to a great start, is on pace for a career year, and before the titans game national reporters were already putting him on an MVP list.

Man I hate the pittsburgh media!

TEEMONT
10-19-2012, 12:13 PM

Wallace's speed isnt enough of a reason to pay him the money he wants...his speed will decline....Brown is already a more atheltic version of Hines....they paid the right guy IMO

DBR96A
10-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Honestly the last of my concerns is offense, I just found these articles interesting and it got me thinking.

The articles, please. Thank you.

LatrobePA
10-19-2012, 12:20 PM
The articles, please. Thank you.

Was on NFL home page beside the article about Ben hurting his foot. I don't see it now, I'll keep looking.

Goodfrom55
10-19-2012, 12:34 PM
He might be missing reads, mostly because before he can look for the open receiver, he must first look for the open area of the field he can run to so he can actually get the pass off to a receiver. While I am trying to make a joke, the sad reality is there is a lot of truth in my statement.

Steelers win a few games, there won't be a pip about about people not getting along and everyone will be happy.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Wallace's speed isnt enough of a reason to pay him the money he wants...his speed will decline....Brown is already a more atheltic version of Hines....they paid the right guy IMO

Wallace scores TD's.......Plus if they locked him up to a 5 year contract his speed wouldn't decline much in that span....Brown won't score as many TD as Ward in his career....WR's like Brown are a dime a dozen....I like the kid and glad he received his contract but Wallace should have been resigned first.......

TEEMONT
10-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Wallace scores TD's.......Plus if they locked him up to a 5 year contract his speed wouldn't decline much in that span....Brown won't score as many TD as Ward in his career....WR's like Brown are a dime a dozen....I like the kid and glad he received his contract but Wallace should have been resigned first.......

they couldnt afford Wallace....everything I read said he wanted Fitzgerald money...there's two WR's in this league thats worth thatbased on talent...Megatron and Fitz....thats it....I like Wallace...I love the deep ball...but h's not worth what he wanted....if he changes his demands....then diff story

Black@Gold Forever32
10-19-2012, 01:01 PM
they couldnt afford Wallace....everything I read said he wanted Fitzgerald money...there's two WR's in this league thats worth thatbased on talent...Megatron and Fitz....thats it....I like Wallace...I love the deep ball...but h's not worth what he wanted....if he changes his demands....then diff story

There was reports and articles stating that Wallace wanted Fitz money and there was articles saying Wallace didn't want Fitz money......I agree Wallace isn't worth Fitz money but I still think the Steelers could have handled this whole Wallace situation better.....But this is a whole different story....

TEEMONT
10-19-2012, 01:11 PM
There was reports and articles stating that Wallace wanted Fitz money and there was articles saying Wallace didn't want Fitz money......I agree Wallace isn't worth Fitz money but I still think the Steelers could have handled this whole Wallace situation better.....But this is a whole different story....

I dont think its a different story at all...its a smaller part of the same story...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Holy hell, Teemont??!! Damn good to see ya dude.

We won't really know how much Wallace wants until he turns down or accepts whatever offer the Steelers give him next year. We do know, at least somewhat for sure, that he turned down close to $60 mill.

Raleigh Steel
10-19-2012, 01:43 PM
BTSC had an article about this:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/10/18/3522690/report-todd-haley-and-ben-roethlisberger-relationship-not-good

jpele
10-19-2012, 02:05 PM
I really have to laugh" guys like AB are a dime a dozen" if so , I don't understand why every team don't have 2 or3 receivers like him on their roster.

Big T
10-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Same guy that said DeCastro had a torn ACL and was done for the season...

Ya...

Black@Gold Forever32
10-19-2012, 03:21 PM
I really have to laugh" guys like AB are a dime a dozen" if so , I don't understand why every team don't have 2 or3 receivers like him on their roster.

A WR that catches 70-80 passes a year and might score 4 TD's......I like Brown but lets not kid ourselves it would be much easier to replace Antonio Brown then a Mike Wallace........

NorCalSteel
10-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Yes it is much easier to replace the man who did something no other person who played in the NFL to date has ever done before..lol...damm that's allot of people

Black@Gold Forever32
10-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Yes it is much easier to replace the man who did something no other person who played in the NFL to date has ever done before..lol...damm that's allot of people

The fact remains Brown doesn't find the endzone that much even when you factor in his return ability.....So hard to replace a 6th round pick that catches 6-7 balls a game......If Brown was hurt tomorrow.......How would that production be replaced?....lol I love how some our fans continue to over-rate some of our players....I really don't give a **** if Brown was the first person to have a 1,000 yards receiving and 1,000 return yards in the same season....

Brown is the most targeted WR on the team and is on pace for 4 receiving TD's......I like Brown but I'm sorry I'm not all over his nuts like some of you....

NorCalSteel
10-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Not nuts over him but we have all these guys on the field right now together numbers don't lie we are a loosing team(we have failed on offense what 3 times with the ball and a chance to ice the game?). Doesn't matter if you care about the numbers or not they are a fact. Plus any good Steelers fan know how much special teams have KILLED us in the past so they can not be discounted. Wallace is a good player but he has looked pretty poor sometimes as has Brown. I route for the whole team you have to get the ball down the field to score..lol, Guess AB is more of a assist man and Wallace and Heath clean it up..

SteelCityKid5
10-19-2012, 06:21 PM
Yes. The storm is here just like it was in the offseason. Blow up the team. Fire Mike Tomlin. Bring back Cowher and Bettis out of retirement. Lets run the ball STEELERS style!!!!

steelchamp204
10-19-2012, 07:13 PM
All of this is blown out of proportion. As for Wallace, most fans are upset of the holdout/contract situation. Plus the notion of Wallace saying he wants "Fitz money", even though the writer of that report didn't actually have the direct quote from Wallace.

When gameday is here, If Wallace drops a easy catch, Ill bitch. If AB drops a easy catch, I bitch. So it really doesnt matter who the WR is.

steelchamp204
10-19-2012, 07:17 PM
My question about this team is the preperation done by Ben during the week, prep of the defense. DL defensive preperation. I dont think they are getting it done during the week(practice) which is why these lapses are happening on Sundays. Being banged up doesnt help, this team could be easily 4-2 right now also.

Nolrog
10-19-2012, 08:34 PM

The offense has given the D three 4th quarter leads that they could not hold. Ben is currently the 4th ranked passer and they are putting up 286 yard per game passing, good for 7th in the league. While there are concerns, such as the OL and the running game, the passing game has still been good. The Offense isn't the teams problem.

Wallace isn't on the same page for a reason. He missed all of training camp. This was absolutely expected.

This is a brand new offense, with new plays, new terminology, new everything. A learning curve was also expected. And for a brand new offense, it's going pretty well. They will only improve from here, once everyone learns what's going on.

Nolrog
10-19-2012, 08:36 PM
BRC I just have to ask something.......Wouldn't keeping Wallace happy by getting him more involved in the offense be a good thing?.....He is the Steelers best and most talented WR.....I know AB fans hate hearing that........lol I like AB but the threat of Wallace deep is what opens up the offense for everybody else......

He's not. Brown is the best most talented WR on the team. Just because Wallace is fast, doesn't make him the most talented. He's not the guy that's going to get the tough yard over the middle on 3rd and 6. Brown is that guy. Oh, and Brown's pretty fast too. Wallace is very good, don't get me wrong, but Brown is better because he's more complete.

Clevelandsux
10-19-2012, 08:39 PM
the ben haley conflict was started the minute haley came here. i think its a bunch of **** myself.

SnakeEyes43
10-19-2012, 11:41 PM
Yes. The storm is here just like it was in the offseason. Blow up the team. Fire Mike Tomlin. Bring back Cowher and Bettis out of retirement. Lets run the ball STEELERS style!!!!

I just want a defense that can stop Crusty Palmer and Ol' Dusty Hasselbeck. Especially when we're up by ten.

SteelerCountry58
10-19-2012, 11:58 PM
I think the media just tries to dig up anything they can to
get attention. The only "storm" brewing was the buckets of rain
earlier today in the Keystone,**** was coming DOWN!:yesnod:

jnes1216
10-20-2012, 04:06 AM
He's not. Brown is the best most talented WR on the team. Just because Wallace is fast, doesn't make him the most talented. He's not the guy that's going to get the tough yard over the middle on 3rd and 6. Brown is that guy. Oh, and Brown's pretty fast too. Wallace is very good, don't get me wrong, but Brown is better because he's more complete.

Yes, I agree, they definitely gave the contract to the right person. He has shown a great level of committment ever since he has arrived. His TD receptions may be limited but that is only determined by situational football. Speed can be drafted, look at Andrew Hawkins from cincinnati or whatever his name is. They are a dime a dozen in today's athletics. I know AB will fight for the reception, will Wallace??. My gut tells me I would rather lose Wallace than Brown. Don't get me wrong, i like Wallace but if he fought for every reception like Fitz then yes I would expect a big payday.

ChucktownSteeler
10-20-2012, 11:21 AM
If the team keeps losing it will become a big deal but winning cures all.......

BRC I just have to ask something.......Wouldn't keeping Wallace happy by getting him more involved in the offense be a good thing?.....He is the Steelers best and most talented WR.....I know AB fans hate hearing that........lol I like AB but the threat of Wallace deep is what opens up the offense for everybody else......I don't want to see the Steelers throw deep constantly like they did under BA but I do think more shots to Wallace down field should be called.....Against the Titans there was more deep shots called so hopefully that continues.....More shots down field should make things easier in the running game as well.....Of course getting some healthy RB's would be key also....lol

Because it is woefully obvious that we do not still have the OL to protect Ben and allow enough time for a 7-step drop and the deep ball to Wallace. Not Ben or Wallace's fault, but our OL is in shambles again. Ben is the only hope now and we must continue to get the ball out of his hand quick to multiple receivers to keep him healthy, hopefully for the full season and play-offs.

SteelCityKid5
10-20-2012, 11:41 AM
I just want a defense that can stop Crusty Palmer and Ol' Dusty Hasselbeck. Especially when we're up by ten.

I hope you know I was just being an ***.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Win some games and the Nation will forget about this ****. Loose tonighte and someone with a management moniker is toast and all the other rumors become fact.