PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs Bengals - a shootout?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-18-2012, 10:16 AM
There's an article on the homepage that is going up this morning which talks about, among other things, the lack of defense in the AFC North. Last year everyone was ranked in the top 10, now nobody is playing even close to that.

So this game coming up I'm thinking could potentially be a shoot out. The Bengals defense couldn't stop the Browns of all people, and we can't stop anyone in the 2nd half so why not?

StlersGuy
10-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Could very well happen however I'm hoping our Defense shows up.

Sent using iOS 6 by way of the iPhone

Stone
10-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Call me a hopeless optimist but I think this will be one of those break out games where everything looks good and we annihilate the Bengals.

LatrobePA
10-18-2012, 11:35 AM
The titans were allowing 31+ points per game and we couldn't win that game in a SO I'd say this game will be a blow out either way/ team..

Black@Gold Forever32
10-18-2012, 12:09 PM
I think its going to be a shoot out no doubt.......Team with the ball last will win this game.....I don't see the Steelers defense stopping the Bengals passing game at all.......Only reason the Bengals might win in a blow out is due to the Steelers OL......If the banged up OL can protect Ben then I do think the Steelers passing game will keep pace.....

StlersGuy
10-18-2012, 12:13 PM
The titans were allowing 31+ points per game and we couldn't win that game in a SO I'd say this game will be a blow out either way/ team..

I never base anything off past games this is the NFL and anything can happen. Just cause so and so did whatever does not mean the same the following week

Sent using iOS 6 by way of the iPhone

SteelDad
10-18-2012, 12:23 PM
We just have too many injuries to make me feel confident about the offense scoring enough points to stay in a game if it is a high-scoring affair. If we are going to win, it will be because the defense does actually show up and create turnovers.

Speeed
10-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Yes, a shootout. I say we win 13 - 9!

Honestly, I have no idea. At this point, nothing surprises me.

Big T
10-18-2012, 12:56 PM
All I know is that our O line is horrible and their D line is great at rushing the passer. Screens and quick passes are a must. With Michael Johnson, Carlos Dunlap, and Geno Atkins rushing the passer, Mike Adams at RT and our guard situation (not to mention possibility of no Pouncey), it could be a long, long game for Ben.

If Ben can get any time at all, the offense should be able to put up 30+, I just don't see Ben getting enough time.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-18-2012, 02:24 PM
I think its going to be a shoot out no doubt.......Team with the ball last will win this game.....I don't see the Steelers defense stopping the Bengals passing game at all.......Only reason the Bengals might win in a blow out is due to the Steelers OL......If the banged up OL can protect Ben then I do think the Steelers passing game will keep pace.....

I have to think that Haley is going to call a lot of quick passes to keep the pressure off Ben. With Mendenhall banged up how much can you count on the run game to offset the pass rush? The banged up patchwork OL is going to have it's hands full but the Bengals defense is struggling too so it's not as if they are elite by any stretch.

It can be done but this hanging in the pocket for 10 minutes isn't going to cut it; snap it and get rid of it.

Goodfrom55
10-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Could be a game where the last team to posess the ball wins, but I think the Steelers respond here, and win a close game.

LatrobePA
10-18-2012, 02:25 PM
I don't think carrot top will be up to the task!

Goodfrom55
10-18-2012, 02:25 PM
I have to think that Haley is going to call a lot of quick passes to keep the pressure off Ben. With Mendenhall banged up how much can you count on the run game to offset the pass rush? The banged up patchwork OL is going to have it's hands full but the Bengals defense is struggling too so it's not as if they are elite by any stretch.

It can be done but this hanging in the pocket for 10 minutes isn't going to cut it; snap it and get rid of it.

With the banged up line, will have to better utilize Will Johnson in the running game and show that "running" look in the passing game as well.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-18-2012, 02:52 PM

Only problem with the short passing game is it takes the entire offense to execute.....Which as we have seen again this year is to many players commit penalties or the WR's dropping the ball........I'm all for the quick/short passing game but these players better start executing better.......Plus in the red zone the offense better put up TD's instead of field goals.......I don't see the defense stopping the Bengals offense at all unless Dalton just plays a crap game.....

DBR96A
10-18-2012, 03:51 PM
It's ironic that the best defense in the AFC North belongs to the Browns. :eek1:

Goodfrom55
10-18-2012, 04:45 PM
It's ironic that the best defense in the AFC North belongs to the Browns. :eek1:

Well, then perhaps the Mayans were correct and we are all done for in December.

BLACKandGOLD
10-18-2012, 08:13 PM
There is a chance that it will be a shootout but I think the Steelers defense is going to come out and prove themselves for the first time this season. I expect the offense to continue its efficient ways by converting on 3rd down and moving the ball well. They key will be converting those drives into touchdowns, not field goals.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2012, 11:48 AM
I find it interesting that all of the defenses in the AFC North are a shell of what they were last year. We can blame injuries or the passing offenses all we want but nobody can stop anybody when it counts. So much for the Black n Blue AFC North.

Pass, Score, Pass, Score is all we see. I'll be midly surprised if this isn't a game where each team scores in the high 20's or mid 30's.

connecticutsteel
10-19-2012, 12:11 PM
http://xfinity.comcast.net/video/high-schooler-beats-nfl-field-goal-record/3934787759 check this out we need this kid 67 yards in high school

CowherPower
10-20-2012, 02:34 PM
AFC games are so unpredictable, just when you think you have an idea of how they are going to play out something off the wall happens. I too think this will be somewhat of a shootout but knowing this division it wouldn't surprise me to see neither team get above 20, as both defenses will be looking to make a statement after last week.