PDA

View Full Version : Does Lebeau put Ike Taylor on AJ Green

CowherPower
10-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Based on how Ike Taylor has been playing this year so far and how the Bengals AJ Greene has been playing, does Dick Lebeau dare leave Taylor one on one withe Green all day?

I think you're just asking for trouble if you try and cover him one on one anytime unless you have a Revis type corner on your team. Green has 43 catches for 628 yds and 6 TD's. He had 7 catches last week in their loss to the Browns.

Maybe this is the week that Taylor gets his act together and surprises us with no PI or Holding penalties. I'm not banking on that though and if I'm Lebeau I am going to have to roll Clark over there for help or at least Will Allen. You can't take the chance that the pass rush will get there because Dalton has a knack for finding Greene right now and if he is able to get a pass off to him I'm not confident our secondary can keep up at all.

Stone
10-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Based on how Ike Taylor has been played this year so far and how the Bengals AJ Greene has been playing, does Dick Lebeau dare leave Taylor one on one withe Green all day?

I think you're just asking for trouble if you try and cover him one on one anytime unless you have a Revis type corner on your team. Green has 43 catches for 628 yds and 6 TD's. He had 7 catches last week in their loss to the Browns.

Maybe this is the week that Taylor gets his act together and surprises us with no PI or Holding penalties. I'm not banking on that though and if I'm Lebeau I am going to have to roll Clark over there for help or at least Will Allen. You can't take the chance that the pass rush will get there because Dalton has a knack for finding Greene right now and if he is able to get a pass off to him I'm not confident our secondary can keep up at all.

I made one minor modification to your OP...sorry.

I don't think it matters.....the secret is out and I'll bet even that dumbass Marvin Lewis will have figured it out!

"throw the ball at Ike for a new series of downs"

KevinE
10-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Green will be licking his chops..

Stone
10-17-2012, 09:26 AM
If Tomlin has any balls, he has been preaching to Ike all week

"SHOW ME WHAT YOU CAN DO WITHIN THE RULES"

Big T
10-17-2012, 11:08 AM
If Tomlin has any balls, he has been preaching to Ike all week

"SHOW ME WHAT YOU CAN DO WITHIN THE RULES"

@EdBouchette: Tomlin on CB Ike Taylor: "He needs to get back to playing good, sound football.''

LatrobePA
10-17-2012, 11:39 AM
@EdBouchette: Tomlin on CB Ike Taylor: "He needs to get back to playing good, sound football.''

This!

FlatsSteeler
10-17-2012, 12:08 PM
I would not put him on Green......Actually I wouldn't put him on the field, kinda like Cowher did........Lit a fire under his ***......

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2012, 12:20 PM
The alternative to that would be putting Lewis or Allen up against Green, so pick your poison. Inexperience and upside vs Experience and struggling. I would probably have to see that Taylor is the only real option Tomlin has if he has to go one on one against Green. Even if he does give Taylor help there will be times during blitzes or other schemes where Taylor is going to have to hold up.

Stone
10-17-2012, 12:24 PM
The alternative to that would be putting Lewis or Allen up against Green, so pick your poison. Inexperience and upside vs Experience and struggling. I would probably have to see that Taylor is the only real option Tomlin has if he has to go one on one against Green. Even if he does give Taylor help there will be times during blitzes or other schemes where Taylor is going to have to hold up.

This is a good point. I think, though, that what is unanswered for me is whether or not Ike is truly washed up, or has he just developed incredibly bad habits of holding and mauling receivers? As long as he keeps holding and mauling we will never know for sure.

muncher
10-17-2012, 12:27 PM
i hpoe so. a.j. is on my fantasy team

FlatsSteeler
10-17-2012, 12:56 PM
I would put Lewis on Green Press and beat Greens *** badly at the LOS.......Over the top with the safety.....

steelchamp204
10-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Put Lewis on AJ. I want to see what Lewis is really like against the elite. At the same time it could be a wakeup call for Ike to step his game up if he wants to cover the elite receivers down the stretch. I want to see what Lewis has to offer against probaby one of the top 5 receivers in the game.

papabaier
10-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Ike can't cover a single bed with a king sized sheet. Green will torch his arse. I heard on Sirius NFL that last year Ike was the best coverage corner in the league regular season, statistically. WTF happened???

Real Deal Steel
10-17-2012, 03:28 PM
They better put a safety over the top to help him. Atleast 90% of the time. Green just destroyed Haden of the Browns. So Ike Taylor would be nothing but a Scoobie snack to him.

Goodfrom55
10-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Just have to be physical with him off the LOS and chuck him every chance you get. And just hope on the front end of the defense, they apply SOME pressure to force Carrot Top to throw the ball earlier than he wants to. Without any pressure, Mel Blount couldn't cover a WR for 5 or 6 seconds.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2012, 08:35 PM
They better put a safety over the top to help him. Atleast 90% of the time. Green just destroyed Haden of the Browns. So Ike Taylor would be nothing but a Scoobie snack to him.

LOL, Damn :lol:

Tomlin challenged Ike Taylor this week, maybe he'll respond........with a few less PI's... :dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Steelers maligned cornerback Ike Taylor isn’t lacking confidence, that’s for sure.

Taylor said that he will follow Cincinnati star receiver A.J. Green all over the field Sunday night despite Taylor’s recent troubles covering anybody let alone what he calls a top three receiver in the league.

“Probably so,” Taylor said about following around Green. “That’s the challenge that I look up to. That’s the challenge I want every week regardless of who we play.”

But surely Taylor will get safety help from either Ryan Clark or Will Allen, right?
“I haven’t been asking for it,” Taylor said. “I am not looking for it. I am just going to hold my end.”

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/10/17/ike-not-asking-for-safety-help-on-a-j-green/

Stone
10-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Steelers maligned cornerback Ike Taylor isn’t lacking confidence, that’s for sure.

Taylor said that he will follow Cincinnati star receiver A.J. Green all over the field Sunday night despite Taylor’s recent troubles covering anybody let alone what he calls a top three receiver in the league.

“Probably so,” Taylor said about following around Green. “That’s the challenge that I look up to. That’s the challenge I want every week regardless of who we play.”

But surely Taylor will get safety help from either Ryan Clark or Will Allen, right?
“I haven’t been asking for it,” Taylor said. “I am not looking for it. I am just going to hold my assigned reciever.”

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/10/17/ike-not-asking-for-safety-help-on-a-j-green/

Sorry :lol:

Real Deal Steel
10-18-2012, 09:33 AM
The runningback situation is horrid in Bengal land. BJG is a downgrade from what they had last year with Benson. So..we don't need a safety to come down into the box against the run. With that said, we need to keep that safety over the top against Green. Period.

Ike need never to have to go complete one on one with Green. We have to learn from what other teams have done: If Haden couldn't handle him one on one, there is no WAY that Ike can.

LatrobePA
10-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Gruden and fire patch will come out throwing, and throwing right at Ike, 20 bucks says Ike has a PI call with in the first 2 minutes of the game...

Stone
10-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Gruden and fire patch will come out throwing, and throwing right at Ike, 20 bucks says Ike has a PI call with in the first 2 minutes of the game...

Should we do a pool on ITPI (Ike Taylor Pass Interference) calls?

How many ITPI calls?

How many ITPI calls in the redzone?

How many points off of ITPI calls?

How many yards off of ITPI calls?

LatrobePA
10-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Should we do a pool on ITPI (Ike Taylor Pass Interference) calls?

How many ITPI calls?

How many ITPI calls in the redzone?

How many points off of ITPI calls?

How many yards off of ITPI calls?

lol I don't have that kinda money to blow!!

Stone
10-18-2012, 10:15 AM
lol I don't have that kinda money to blow!!

LOL Maybe it's my imagination because how frustrated I was last Thursday night but I would bet that 1/4 of the Titans yards came from ITPI calls. And more than 1/4 of their points came off ITPI calls. And then there were the obvious ITPI infractions that went uncalled.

K Train
10-18-2012, 11:15 AM
i hpoe so. a.j. is on my fantasy team

this is sickening

K Train
10-18-2012, 11:17 AM
id like to see cortez get some work on him personally

SteelDad
10-18-2012, 11:19 AM
this is sickening

Agreed.

SteelDad
10-18-2012, 11:21 AM

Same here...

Also, the problem with a safety over the top is that Gresham is a very athletic TE who can stretch the field. Rolling a safety over to help Ike could open the field up for more throws to Gresham or other receivers who are locked one-on-one.

LatrobePA
10-18-2012, 11:24 AM

Love this idea! Drop Ike back as safety.

Stone
10-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Love this idea! Drop Ike back as safety.

I like it accept for one thing.....Ike can't tackle a tackling dummy:(

LatrobePA
10-18-2012, 12:22 PM
I like it accept for one thing.....Ike can't tackle a tackling dummy:(

Only option left is to cut him lol

Stone
10-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Only option left is to cut him lol

Nah, I'd give him a challenge "let's what you can do within the rules" In other words, No holding, mauling, gropping, or otherwise interfering! No PI calls!

LatrobePA
10-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Nah, I'd give him a challenge "let's what you can do within the rules" In other words, No holding, mauling, gropping, or otherwise interfering! No PI calls!

Id hope it was already brought up during film study.. Who knows maybe he'll respond in a big way..

Goodfrom55
10-18-2012, 01:20 PM
It's not like he forgot how to play football since last year. Major contributor to Ike's woes is the lack of QB pressure. By the same token, Ike has been out of position quite often this season and looks like he is trying to do too much.

BLACKandGOLD
10-18-2012, 07:17 PM
I would not put him on Green......Actually I wouldn't put him on the field, kinda like Cowher did........Lit a fire under his ***......

I think if Tomlin would sit Ike it would definitely send a message to him to get his crap together. Give another guy a chance and see what happens, they have nothing to lose at this point with the way that Ike is performing.

LatrobePA
10-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Ike needs to have a huge game IMO!

muncher
10-19-2012, 03:57 PM
this is sickening

sickening would descibe ikes play. my playing AJ against ike is a smart financial move.

jnes1216
10-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Whatever they decide to do, I hope they have the smarts enough to change plans if they find that Ike one on one isn't working... before Green puts the Steelers in a hole.

Crowned
10-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Ok you guys scolded him, now give him his due.

steelersbabex25
10-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Didn't hear his name at all tonight. Good sign for a corner. AJ Green was completely shut down.

Big T
10-21-2012, 11:37 PM
Ike had help, but played a brilliant game. Great to see, especially against a top 5 guy like AJ Green.

steelersbabex25
10-21-2012, 11:38 PM
I said that he'd bounce back. This game is just the start of it.

cbrunn
10-21-2012, 11:40 PM
Yes sir... as I get made fun of all the time by my family and friends because Ike is my favorite Steeler (as CB is my favorite position and he's the best of the roster) ... It's great to see him play good again , not to mention give me a chance to win my fantasy game tomorrow by shutting AJ down, double win

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2012, 09:07 AM
I give Babe credit for this one, she was calling it while most of us where ready to buy Ike. I will say I was hoping he'd bounce back, and hoping it was this week but I wasn't convinced he'd do so.

He was on AJ Green all night, and even if he had help from Mundy, Allen, Clark, Brown, or Lewis it was still he primary responsibility. He did get smoked a few times but it was an improvement.

SnakeEyes43
10-22-2012, 10:24 AM
I said that he'd bounce back. This game is just the start of it.

Yes and yes. Hope you remain correct on both accounts.

steelersbabex25
10-22-2012, 11:21 AM
I give Babe credit for this one, she was calling it while most of us where ready to buy Ike. I will say I was hoping he'd bounce back, and hoping it was this week but I wasn't convinced he'd do so.

He was on AJ Green all night, and even if he had help from Mundy, Allen, Clark, Brown, or Lewis it was still he primary responsibility. He did get smoked a few times but it was an improvement.

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

jpele
10-23-2012, 10:13 AM
it's not so much a matter of Ike bouncing back ( he never really missed a beat) in the first five games he was asked to cover an area of the field, against the Bengals he was asked to cover AJ Green.

What a difference scheme makes.