PDA

View Full Version : I think it is time for Ben to start looking to Sanders a little more.

NorCalSteel
10-16-2012, 03:39 PM
I have been thinking this for a few games now. Maybe its a bad camera angle but the kid has been open on many plays and Ben is forcing it to other guys. The pick against the titans was a great example. AB was never open.. JMO. The announcers have even mentioned it a few times during the game.

Real Deal Steel
10-16-2012, 03:41 PM
It's been time for him to look for Sanders. But the question is..will he? He's just now incorporating Miller more into the offense.

Goodfrom55
10-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Better stated is he needs to continue spreading the ball around in lieu of locking on to AB or Wallace. Sanders as a slot guy, gets open a lot. He has good hands, and is faster than AB. When given time, to go through his progressions, Ben should utilize Sanders more often.

Miller appears to be Ben's primary 3rd down option, but has shyed away from him in the Red Zone, not sure why. The team is too talented to be 2-3, but for the most part, it is not the product of the offense that's the problem (points wise).

Black@Gold Forever32
10-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Sanders has 17 catches on the season which is 4th on the team.......Brown 29, Miller 25, Wallace 21.......So really I don't know how Ben can look for Sanders more......lol

Goodfrom55
10-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Good point, but rather than force the ball to Wallace or AB in double coverage downfield, hit Sanders in space underneath and let this guy get some YAC.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Good point, but rather than force the ball to Wallace or AB in double coverage downfield, hit Sanders in space underneath and let this guy get some YAC.

Ok but really besides the INT against the Titans, I really havn't seen Ben forcing to many throws to AB or Wallace.....Most seasons people complain well Miller isn't involved enough and now Miller is being involved more......There is only one football.....Looking at the catch totals for the entire team its safe to say Ben has been spreading the ball around as best as he can......

K Train
10-16-2012, 06:26 PM
i think he'll find a place in the offense, he doesnt make many mistakes when hes on the field which could allow him to break out a bit as the season goes on

BLACKandGOLD
10-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Ok but really besides the INT against the Titans, I really havn't seen Ben forcing to many throws to AB or Wallace.....Most seasons people complain well Miller isn't involved enough and now Miller is being involved more......There is only one football.....Looking at the catch totals for the entire team its safe to say Ben has been spreading the ball around as best as he can......

I completely agree. I haven't seen Ben try to force many throws at all to this point in the season. The only ball I can remember was the one in the Denver game that ended up being a pick 6. For the most part Ben has done a great job spreading the ball around to the best of his ability. Sanders will get more balls, you just have to give it time.

Steeldriven
10-16-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm all for anyone catching the ball other than the opponent...just don't want to see miller suffer. He's been under-utilized for years and is finally getting the looks he deserves though i realize horrible o-line play forced him to block more than he should have but i'm glad he did because he's a good blocker too.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2012, 11:36 PM
This is a big year for Sanders, if he doesn't come up with the big numbers it's going to affect his contract numbers. The Steelers would know, and other teams, what kind of potential talent he is even if he doesn't have 1K in yards but still, the more help you can give yourself the better.

Ben is spreading it around to 8-10 receivers a game, I'm pretty content with that.