PDA

View Full Version : Wallace knows he has to perform for a big contract

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2012, 12:52 AM
So are we all good with Wallace now as Steelers fans? This dude created quite a stir in the offseason here and all over the Steeler Nation. He seems to have his head on straight for the most part.

“You’re playing to get to the Super Bowl. If I look at it like I’m playing for a contract, I don’t think I’ll do well. It will be too much on me, I’ll be trying too hard,” he said. “I’m looking at it as we’re just trying to win ball games, and I’m just trying to do what I can do to get my team to the playoffs and Super Bowl.”

But, he added, “Everybody thinks about their job and, when it comes down to it, you’ve always got to think about the money aspect of it. But I don’t want to approach it that way.” - Tribune Review

- From BRC's Bionic of Awesomeness

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2012, 12:57 AM
I will say I still see that pout thing going on when he's not involved regularly in the drive. That's probably just par for the course though.

- From BRC's Bionic of Awesomeness

muncher
10-16-2012, 09:47 AM
what a punk. how about blocking for your counterparts on the bubble screens. that would help us win ballgames

LatrobePA
10-16-2012, 09:51 AM
To me it looked like Mike gave up on a few plays last game.. He looked like he was giving less than 100%...

Real Deal Steel
10-16-2012, 10:44 AM
No problems with Wallace. I'd love for him to stay but I know he's leaving for the big money. After he leaves, next man up.

I'm more concerned with our secondary and the overall defensive philosophy of this team.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2012, 11:04 AM
He can talk all he wants about staying in Pittsburgh,and maybe he believes it himself maybe he doesn't. Unless the Steelers offer him more than the 60 million he turned down this offseason he's not coming back.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-16-2012, 11:14 AM
He can talk all he wants about staying in Pittsburgh,and maybe he believes it himself maybe he doesn't. Unless the Steelers offer him more than the 60 million he turned down this offseason he's not coming back.

It would be a mistake to not resign Mike Wallace......I don't want to see the Steelers spend a high draft pick on a WR and really they would be forced to do so if Wallace left......You really trust a WR core of just Brown, Sanders, Cotchery next year?.........Plus the defense needs impact players in the secondary and even LB........Some tough decisions will have to be made next year regarding some of these high priced aging vets.......