PDA

View Full Version : SI Jinx?? Looks who's on the cover.

Ambridge
01-29-2007, 03:07 PM
http://i.cnn.net/si/si_online/covers/images/2007/0129_large.jpg

Steelerlyn
01-29-2007, 03:14 PM
WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO Go Bears!~

Blitzburgh55
01-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Steelers where on the cover all last year we still won

Ambridge
01-29-2007, 03:16 PM
Steelers where on the cover all last year we still won

The supposed bad luck happens if there is a team or individual picture just prior to the Superbowl.

Steelerlyn
01-29-2007, 03:18 PM
When was TP on?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Nah the Colts got this one, this is their year. Dungy & company defy the odds and stick it to the Bears. For once, Manning will actually beat a jinx that has haunted him year in and year out. :lol:

Blitzburgh55
01-29-2007, 03:23 PM
The supposed bad luck happens if there is a team or individual picture just prior to the Superbowl.

A Steelers was on the cover before the super bowl

Ambridge
01-29-2007, 03:30 PM
A Steelers was on the cover before the super bowl

Glad I missed that cover.:greengrin:

The new idea the media is throwing out there is that Peyton Manning never supposedly beat the Florida Gators and Rex Grossman is a Florida Alum so they're trying to string a bad luck connection there.

Koopa
01-29-2007, 03:45 PM
troy was on the cover last year, we lost 3 straight games after it appeared, thank god it was it was in the middle of the season

Blitzburgh55
01-29-2007, 03:48 PM
troy was on the cover last year, we lost 3 straight games after it appeared, thank god it was it was in the middle of the season

The Bus was on before The super bowl and Ben was on before tthe denver game

Koopa
01-29-2007, 03:50 PM
The Bus was on before The super bowl and Ben was on before tthe denver game

and look how they played, if it wasn't for whiz brilliant play calling we would've lost lol..... ben played like **** most of the game, and bettis was pretty much a non factor..........

K Train
01-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Peyton manning is gonna cry, hes gonna cry and dungy is gonna hold him in his arms an comfort him on the long, quiet plane ride back to indianappolis. Hes gonna say why coach, why cant i do it? and as the tear runs down his cheek tony will reply, i dont know son, mabey your not as good as you like to think. and once they get back to indy, and in the cold have to face the city they have let down so many times before, the city will booo, they will throw sharp objects at peyton and the superbowl losing curse will go on and the rebuilding process is gonna start and in the end when its all said and done....peyton will retire known as the king of fantasy football and a legend when it comes to personal milestones, but he will enter the hall of fame never giving his team a superbowl ring and the rest of the colts will be forgotten.

TEEMONT
01-29-2007, 04:49 PM
....and the man crush continues.......

LatrobePA
01-30-2007, 10:18 AM
The Colts will pick apart the Bears...Hate to say it!!

PITT23
01-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Last year the Steelers were on a few but all the other teams were too and they were each in different regions.

BlitzburghNation
01-30-2007, 05:19 PM
I know that stayed true over the past few years is The MADDEN curse !
I hope Dungy & Manning get there Ring,,,,,,,,,,,Might be there only shot,
the window is closing & the bears will probably have another chance :greengrin:

OneSteelSoldier
02-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Peyton manning is gonna cry, hes gonna cry and dungy is gonna hold him in his arms an comfort him on the long, quiet plane ride back to indianappolis. Hes gonna say why coach, why cant i do it? and as the tear runs down his cheek tony will reply, i dont know son, mabey your not as good as you like to think. and once they get back to indy, and in the cold have to face the city they have let down so many times before, the city will booo, they will throw sharp objects at peyton and the superbowl losing curse will go on and the rebuilding process is gonna start and in the end when its all said and done....peyton will retire known as the king of fantasy football and a legend when it comes to personal milestones, but he will enter the hall of fame never giving his team a superbowl ring and the rest of the colts will be forgotten.You may very well be right, but I hope you are wrong.

kgreen
02-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Troy was on the cover. The cover said "Crunch Time". I remember that. I don't believe in the SI curse as much as I do the Madden curse. Now there is some wierd stuff going on with that.