PDA

View Full Version : The truth hurts.......heard this on Sirius NFL

Stone
10-15-2012, 10:25 PM
"You can talk about teams figuring out LeBeau's fire blitz and being able to read the Steelers D, but when was the last time the Steelers D could abuse the guys on the other side of the line of scrimmage"?

The truth hurts!

Clevelandsux
10-15-2012, 11:16 PM
gotta be adam schein. hes a steelers hater.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2012, 01:44 AM
No doubt that sounds like typical Adam Schein. Unless Warren Sapp made a guest appearance.

I will say that this is the first year that I've really heard serious complaints regarding Lebeau. Normally there's a few but this year it's off the chain.

- From BRC's Bionic of Awesomeness

Stone
10-16-2012, 04:50 AM
Nope it was Tim Ryan......and it doesn't matter who said it if it's true right?

Real Deal Steel
10-16-2012, 11:48 AM
At this point, the division is wide open because of the injuries to the Ravens so there is an opportunity for us. But whenever O-linemen drop, this team falls apart.

This team has NO mental toughness. And it's embarrassing.

LatrobePA
10-16-2012, 11:51 AM
"You can talk about teams figuring out LeBeau's fire blitz and being able to read the Steelers D, but when was the last time the Steelers D could abuse the guys on the other side of the line of scrimmage"?

The truth hurts!

I've been saying this for a while. Doesn't matter who says it, it's the truth!

SteelCityKid5
10-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Anytime someone criticizes the Steelers they are automatically a "hater". People are allowed to have opinions. A Radio hosts job predicates on their opinion. You dont always need to be showered in compliments.

Stone
10-16-2012, 01:04 PM
It's like the used car salesman who hates being called a used car salesman:lol:

If you're fat and ugly, does it really matter who it is who says you are fat and ugly?:lol:

Goodfrom55
10-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Biggest issue I have in regard to the defense is not the secondary and not LeBeau; it is the lack of penetration / pass rush by the D-Line. They literally dance with the O-Lineman on pass plays and get zero penetration or pass rush. Problem is, as we have all seen first hand is if LeBeau calls a blitz and they don't get there, now you're leaving your less than average corners in one on one coverage. Clark is having a great season, Will Allen is not the answer at safety, or is Mundy - therein lies the problem. Until Troy gets healthy and can string some games together, this team is "hamstrung" as to what they can call / execute on defense. None of this mean anything if the front 4 or 5 don't put more pressure on the QB. McClendon is more geared to pressure the QB than is Hampton. Some tough decidions need to be made, and remember, this is a business. They had no problem cutting Hines or Farrior, so for starters, why can't they demote Hampton and replace him with McClendon? The one thing about the NFL right now is with the exception of Baltimore and Houston, every team had at least 2 losses so the Steelers are in it, but they can't expect to make up any ground in the standings without making some personnel changes. Players need to be put on notice and leaders need to step up. Everyone, including coaches should be accountable.

SuperSteelers
10-16-2012, 11:04 PM
The whole defense needs to be revamped with younger talented players and I don't think there are any riding the pine at the moment. Gonna have to do it through the draft and FA.

Clevelandsux
10-17-2012, 07:59 PM
schein is a hater, regardless.

connecticutsteel
10-18-2012, 12:18 AM
I THINK IF Sean Spence didn't get hurt things would be different.The 3-4 defense is still the best because you can adjust it a lot more than a 4-3 because a 3-4 is based partly on speed.In the losses i have seen it isn't LeBeau's scheme's that lose the games it is blown assignments in the secondary or special teams like the blocked punt Mundy let the guy go untouched.I would bench Ike Taylor and give Curtis Brown or Cortez Aleen ashot they can't do any worse

Goodfrom55
10-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Hate to experiment in must win games, but wonder if the Steelers have given any thought to exposing Ike to some strong safety in Troy's absence and putting Cortez Allen in at the other corner. Again, just trying to throw things out there because the status quo is not getting it done - and that includes Mundy / Allen at safety.

Stone
10-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Hate to experiment in must win games, but wonder if the Steelers have given any thought to exposing Ike to some strong safety in Troy's absence and putting Cortez Allen in at the other corner. Again, just trying to throw things out there because the status quo is not getting it done - and that includes Mundy / Allen at safety.

A strong safety is a last line of defense and Ike can't tackle a tackling dummy.

Stone
10-18-2012, 10:27 AM

A strong safety is a last line of defense and Ike can't tackle a tackling dummy.