PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis out for the season

LatrobePA
10-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Per NFL.com

This is a huge blow to them, he's their leading tackler.

coldrolled
10-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Hes their emotional leader too..

LatrobePA
10-15-2012, 05:17 PM
Complete triceps tear...

PsychoWard
10-15-2012, 05:18 PM
is he done forever????

Black@Gold Forever32
10-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Wow.....Even though Ray isn't the player he once was its still a huge blow to the Ravens.......Webb out for the season to.......The Ravens are screwed.....They might hold on to win the AFC North but they won't advance far in the play-offs.....

Big T
10-15-2012, 05:19 PM
@LaMarrWoodley: Just heard on ESPN that ray lewis is out 4 the yr. hate hearing that because hes 1 of the NFL's true legends. wishing him a full recovery...

Big T
10-15-2012, 05:20 PM
is he done forever????

Definitely has the potential to be a career ending injury. I hope not. I'd like to see one of the greatest players to ever play the game go out on his own terms.

muncher
10-15-2012, 05:32 PM
let me be the first to say 'ha ha'

SnakeEyes43
10-15-2012, 05:53 PM
let me be the first to say 'ha ha'

Let me be the first to say not cool. Grow up. If you're happy about this injury than you should be ashamed of yourself. Love him or hate him, he's one of the greatest to ever play the game and it's a shame if this is how his career ends.

PsychoWard
10-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Definitely has the potential to be a career ending injury. I hope not. I'd like to see one of the greatest players to ever play the game go out on his own terms.

I can't stand the guy, but I agree, it would really suck if his career ended like this!

Real Deal Steel
10-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Good riddance.

muncher
10-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Let me be the first to say not cool. Grow up. If you're happy about this injury than you should be ashamed of yourself. Love him or hate him, he's one of the greatest to ever play the game and it's a shame if this is how his career ends.

did you think it was cool when he helped kill a couple people?

LarryNJ
10-15-2012, 07:10 PM
He may very well of played his last game. I often wondered if he announced his retirement during the season if he would get an ovation during his last game in Pittsburgh? Of course we all can't stand the guy but he has been a big reason why the rivalry has been so intense the last decade and a half.

SnakeEyes43
10-15-2012, 08:01 PM

Ahh I see, you were there? Why didn't you testify?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-15-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm sorry but I have no remorse or "oh that's too bad" type of feelings for the Ravens. Don't talk to me about injuries, we've had more than our share this year and in recent history. They're without pro bowlers now, so are we. Put up or shut up for both teams.

Maybe this gives Cleveland a chance now..LOL

coldrolled
10-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Were gonna miss him and suggs alot.

steelfury455
10-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Injuries are part of the game, so in that regard I'm elated. And that was my PC answer..

SnakeEyes43
10-15-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm sorry but I have no remorse or "oh that's too bad" type of feelings for the Ravens. Don't talk to me about injuries, we've had more than our share this year and in recent history.

I have no remorse for the Ravens, but I don't laugh at, or cheer, season ending injuries to any player. Being a collegiate athlete whose time was cut short due to injury, I feel for the guy. I hate the Ravens, but respect Ray Lewis as a football player. To each his own.

Crowned
10-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Good year for Pittsburgh to **** the bed.....

cbyzerman
10-15-2012, 10:31 PM

Yea it is actually pretty cool that his friends killed a couple of gangsters that tried to shake him down. Whats pathetic is he was actually on trial for it. Say what you want but Ray Lewis is a great guy..............

elephantman
10-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Maybe this gives Cleveland a chance now..LOL

laugh but they got just one fewer wins than us

Troyisabeast_43
10-15-2012, 10:51 PM
Losing not only Webb but now Ray Lewis along with Suggs being out for at least another month is a huge huge blow for the Ravens I definitely believe it is going to costs the Ravens a few more games then it would have before. I dont see anyway they go into Houston this Sunday and beat a pissed off Texans team who will be out for blood this Sunday after getting run out of the stadium by the Packers last night...It's unfortunate for the Ravens but I like many others on this board dont feel sorry for the Ravens either.

steelchamp204
10-15-2012, 11:06 PM
O well, **** happens. See ya next year Ray Gay

Real Deal Steel
10-15-2012, 11:42 PM
Sorry..

I shed no tears for ratbird players. Don't care how great they are or were. Get'em out of here!

With all our injuries, ha! I'm looking for Ray Rice to get knocked out next to really even things up.

This is football...not underwater basketweaving for woman going thru menopause.

steelchamp204
10-16-2012, 12:39 AM
I dont understand why people feel bad for players getting hurt in the Nfl. I only feel for the players who get consussed or cant move after a play. Anything else I can give a **** about. There are people out in the workforce everyday getting hurt and even killed on the job. Yet we are called *******s for not feeling bad for a rival player going down. They will be fine, they make millions of dollars, there shouldnt really be any sympathy.

SteelerCountry58
10-16-2012, 01:05 AM
Yeah... welcome to our world Ratbirds. I could go on and say alot of unkind things about
Ray and the Rats in general but we know the drill. The one thing that irks me today is that this
is the enemy and I long for players like my boy Lambert who would step on your neck and
walk over you unlike the players today who help you up,pat you on the *** and joke around.
Lewis had some of those tendancies until recently. About the only thing I respected about him.

Speeed
10-16-2012, 09:28 AM
I don't think it is a matter of "feeling bad" for the injured players of opposing teams. I think it is more that we should take exception to fans, even ours, who take pleasure when opposing players are injured. And yes, that is wrong. My guess fans who actually do that take the game way to serious and just need to keep their opinions to themselves.

I dont understand why people feel bad for players getting hurt in the Nfl. I only feel for the players who get consussed or cant move after a play. Anything else I can give a **** about. There are people out in the workforce everyday getting hurt and even killed on the job. Yet we are called *******s for not feeling bad for a rival player going down. They will be fine, they make millions of dollars, there shouldnt really be any sympathy.

LatrobePA
10-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Right, they don't feel bad for us when we play them w out key starters. We shouldn't either! The problem will still be our D stopping Rice, Flacco and crew.. Their D was soft with them both!

jpele
10-16-2012, 10:39 AM
I've watched two Raven games and believe the loss of Lewis will have no ill effect on them,he played terrible. Their big loss is Webb.

muncher
10-16-2012, 10:42 AM
i hope his carreer is over and i never have to see him acting like an *** on the sidelines or in any commercials.

Real Deal Steel
10-16-2012, 11:46 AM
No pass rush; and the loss of Webb. That means the Ratbirds secondary is open like a 7-11 store.

LatrobePA
10-16-2012, 11:52 AM
No pass rush; and the loss of Webb. That means the Ratbirds secondary is open like a 7-11 store.

Cool, just like ours!

LarryNJ
10-16-2012, 01:54 PM
i hope his carreer is over and i never have to see him acting like an *** on the sidelines or in any commercials.

I'm sure you'll see and hear more of him once he retires. There's no doubt that a network will have him on.

LatrobePA
10-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Ed will start to fall apart soon...

Raleigh Steel
10-16-2012, 02:03 PM
the only reason i don't like seeing other players, especially our rivals players, injured is, i want to beat them without any excuses. other than that, no love lost for any of 'em being hurt. it happens, every team has injuries including us. it balances out now. maybe we can get some players healthy and get on a roll...or we can continue to play like what my dogs leave me in the back yard.

Goodfrom55
10-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Ray Lewis is truly an example of a man who came into the league as a punk, got in trouble, and then grew up. If not for the fact that he is a Raven, I would own a Ray Lewis jersey. He is the greatest MLB I have ever seen in my 40+ years; there is nothing he won't do to make himself better.

Ha Ha because it happened to the Ravens, otherwise, wish him the best and hope he makes a full recovery.

LarryNJ
10-16-2012, 05:03 PM
He is the greatest MLB I have ever seen in my 40+ years; there is nothing he won't do to make himself better

Were you doing bong hits when LT played? :lol:

Goodfrom55
10-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Were you doing bong hits when LT played? :lol:

LT wasn't an MLB. Ray Lewis was the best MLB, but LT was by far the best OLB ever.

When LT was playing, I was inhaling the fumes at exit 13 on the NJTPK.

Steeldriven
10-16-2012, 09:47 PM
I can't stand the guy, but I agree, it would really suck if his career ended like this!

I'm with you completely. As much as i hate him it's more outta rivalry and respect, i don't wish that on him or the raven fans(i hate them too)

LarryNJ
10-16-2012, 10:47 PM
LT wasn't an MLB. Ray Lewis was the best MLB, but LT was by far the best OLB ever.

When LT was playing, I was inhaling the fumes at exit 13 on the NJTPK.

Sorry I missed the "M".

hahaha..I go across the bridge there to SI regularly. The fumes are still there.