PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey could be ready for Bengals game..Update, Legurksy likely to start

BlitzburghRockCity
10-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Good news that at least most of our offensive line should be ready to go.

Gilbert could have come back in for emergency duty against the Titans so hopefully he'll be back.

Center Maurkice Pouncey exited Thursday night’s loss to the Titans with a knee injury. Per a league source, he’s not expected to miss much time, if any. - PFT

- From BRC's Bionic of Awesomeness

steelchamp204
10-14-2012, 12:43 AM
This is good news, bad news is. Our line is still ****.

ChucktownSteeler
10-14-2012, 08:39 AM
I hope we can pull out of this funk.

We have lost a lot of talent and leadership. We are at the cross-roads.

steelersbabex25
10-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Huge huge huge relief. No more Legursky as a center would be wonderful.

CowherPower
10-14-2012, 05:22 PM
I'm glad Legs is on the roster. That dude has bailed us out too many times to count. That being said he's just not Pouncey... Hurry back 53!

BLACKandGOLD
10-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Glad to hear it! We can't afford not having the leader of the offensive line not in there. We need a win big time next week so having Pouncey can only help our cause.

SteelerCountry58
10-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Gilbert could have come back in for emergency duty against
the Titans so hopefully he'll be back.
Maybe it's best he doesn't,that dude is a freakin albatross on our O Line.
He may be a top pick and still learning etc.. but man he's been brutal.
He takes out more of our our own boys then the opposition.
Use him as a backup. He can sit in Trai Essex and Jon Scott's old spot
on the sideline benches as far as I'm concerned.

TarlsQtr
10-15-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm glad Legs is on the roster. That dude has bailed us out too many times to count. That being said he's just not Pouncey... Hurry back 53!

Agreed! I have long thought that Legursky is one of our most important linemen, even though he is not a starter. All the guy does is play competently whenever needed at almost any position. And with all of the injuries the O-line has suffered the last few years, he has been needed a lot. He is the perfect Steeler, an undrafted lunchbucket blue collar type.

Zachintosh66
10-15-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm glad Legs is on the roster. That dude has bailed us out too many times to count.

Legs is a joke... fringe player. Any other team he'd be unemployed.

When is the last time we won a game where he got significant PT?

Black@Gold Forever32
10-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Legs is a joke... fringe player. Any other team he'd be unemployed.

When is the last time we won a game where he got significant PT?

Legursky is far from an elite OL but the Steelers didn't lose the game against the Titans cause of Doug..........

Zachintosh66
10-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Legursky is far from an elite OL but the Steelers didn't lose the game against the Titans cause of Doug..........

Didnt win it either...

Just seen on FB wall that Pouncey is Highly UNLIKEY to play :( Prove me wrong Legs...
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1368033-maurkice-pouncey-injury-updates-on-steelers-centers-leg

UPDATE: Monday, Oct. 15 at 2:15 p.m. ET by Adam Wells

Because the Steelers don't have enough things to worry about, the potential loss of Maurkice Pouncey for Week 7 against CIncinnati should give their stellar offensive line plenty of hope.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-15-2012, 04:32 PM
I guess it was Doug's fault for the old man calling an abortion of a game and being owned by an old/washed up QB?......Doug's fault for Ike being owned by Britt and being called for stupid PI penalties all game?......Doug's fault for deciding to kick a 54 yard field goal with Suisham?.......Doug's fault for the blocked punt? The defense blowing another lead?...........Doug's fault for the entire team looking unprepared and undisciplined all season?.........Doug Legursky isn't Maurkice Pouncey so yea there is going to be a drop off but Legursky didn't have anything to do with the loss against the Titans......

Goodfrom55
10-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Legs is a better center than a guard, but seriously need Colon and Foster to step it up this week. For the love of God, we have to establish SOME TYPE of running game this week.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Yeah Legs is going to start now for Pouncey; no telling how long he'll be out now. Everytime I hear of a lineman injury and being listed as day to day I immediately figure they'll be out at least a few weeks.