PDA

View Full Version : top 10 steelers

Clevelandsux
10-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Anyone see this on nfl network? Pretty interesting piece. Good arguments too. What did you think? I wouldn't have put Rod woodson over Jack Lambert or Mel Blount. Also would have had to have a place for Mike Webster on there.
I think the list went like this.

1). Mean Joe Greene
2). Terry Bradshaw
3).Franco Harris
4).Rod Woodson
5).Jack Lambert
6).Mel Blount
7).Troy Polamalu
8).Hines Ward
9) Lynn Swann
10). Jerome Bettis

Black@Gold Forever32
10-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Big Ben is going to be on there when his career is over........

As for Webster....Who would you leave off?

Big T
10-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Having Hines and Bradshaw over Ben is hilarious.

Nolrog
10-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Having Hines and Bradshaw over Ben is hilarious.

Bradshaw won 4 super bowls in 6 years, being the MVP of two of them and was also NFL MVP in 1978.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-13-2012, 02:02 PM
I was thinking more of Troy being over Ben as hilarious.......To me Troy is the most over-rated player in the history of the NFL.....

LatrobePA
10-13-2012, 02:15 PM
I was thinking more of Troy being over Ben as hilarious.......To me Troy is the most over-rated player in the history of the NFL.....

I applaud this!!

LarryNJ
10-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Remove Troy and Swann.
Add Ham & Ben

Clevelandsux
10-13-2012, 03:08 PM
what about stallworth?

Forged in Steel
10-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Kent Graham.

LevonKirkland99
10-13-2012, 06:35 PM

Really? There you go again.... you are entitled to your opinion sir. Troy is not overrated. He also had zero off the field issues.

LevonKirkland99
10-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Swann should be on that list IMHO.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Really? There you go again.... you are entitled to your opinion sir. Troy is not overrated. He also had zero off the field issues.

What does off the field issues have to do with anything?....lol Troy is the most over-rated player in the NFL.....sorry that I don't think its awesome and worship Troy since he flies around like an idiot to make tackles (which he misses a ton of tackles to).....I'll take Ed Reed in his prime all day and every day over Troy.......

Black@Gold Forever32
10-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Swann should be on that list IMHO.

Swann is on the list....number 9

BLACKandGOLD
10-13-2012, 07:45 PM

Troy is not overrated. When he is healthy, hes the best safety in football. The problem has been injuries year after year. He hasn't been able to play a whole season in forever. The truth is in the numbers, with troy we are a much better team. Our defense is embarrassing without him.

LevonKirkland99
10-13-2012, 08:40 PM
What does off the field issues have to do with anything?....lol Troy is the most over-rated player in the NFL.....sorry that I don't think its awesome and worship Troy since he flies around like an idiot to make tackles (which he misses a ton of tackles to).....I'll take Ed Reed in his prime all day and every day over Troy.......

Did you just say Ed Reed, who sits in the middle of the field and gets bounced balls?!

Just do not say that in the Burgh if you ever make it there. Troy is not overrated, just cant stay healthy.

Big T
10-13-2012, 08:41 PM

I get what you're saying but they play different positions. Yes they're both safeties, but Troy is an in-the-box Strong Safety while Ed Reed was always a center fielder at the Free Safety position. I always hated the comparisons between those two. Best safeties in the game in their prime but completely different positions. Like comparing a linebacker to a corner. But I know you've always preferred a safety that can cover better, but that's more the Free Safety which is why I wanted Earl Thomas in 2010 and Eric Reid/Matt Elam in next years draft.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-14-2012, 10:50 AM
I get what you're saying but they play different positions. Yes they're both safeties, but Troy is an in-the-box Strong Safety while Ed Reed was always a center fielder at the Free Safety position. I always hated the comparisons between those two. Best safeties in the game in their prime but completely different positions. Like comparing a linebacker to a corner. But I know you've always preferred a safety that can cover better, but that's more the Free Safety which is why I wanted Earl Thomas in 2010 and Eric Reid/Matt Elam in next years draft.

I understand that Troy is a strong safety and Reed plays free safety......But in the NFL today you really need two Free Safetys out there since the rules favor the passing game so much.......

Black@Gold Forever32
10-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Did you just say Ed Reed, who sits in the middle of the field and gets bounced balls?!

Just do not say that in the Burgh if you ever make it there. Troy is not overrated, just cant stay healthy.

I have made it to the Burgh many times....My ****ing parents are from Pittsburgh....lol Go ahead and keep making excuses for Troy......so sick of hearing about the injuries.....