PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall calls out Steelers fans on Twitter for criticizing team

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2012, 10:35 PM
So looks like Mendenhall is at it again on Twitter. This time he's not pissing off an entire nation of American's, but still spouting off against the Steeler Nation isn't going to gain him any brownie points in the minds of Pittsburgh either.

Seriously, if you’re gonna talk trash about your team and everyone on it, don’t call yourself a fan. A fan is a supporter… — Rashard Mendenhall (@R_Mendenhall) October 12, 2012

Hey Rashard, thanks for letting us know what you think about us. Good thing everybody showed up and did their job on Thursday....

LatrobePA
10-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Your team is playing like a bunch of bums ********!

Clevelandsux
10-12-2012, 11:59 PM
Put up or shut up osama bin mendenhall.You guys are playing ****. You want us to quit talking trash, stop playing like trash. At least guys like Woodley, Clark and Timmons are owning up to it.

NYCsteelersfan
10-13-2012, 12:42 AM
He can go #%$& himself. I still haven't forgotten his fumble in the last Superbowl. Soft piece of $hit of a running back.

Speeed
10-13-2012, 12:46 AM
He is just as frustrated as us. Even more so. He works harder than we do to do what he does! Just let him get this off his chest and move on. He has done more for the Steelers than anyone of us has done for them as a fan! Let him rant, pointlessly, and then return to making some runs. His comments in the Grand Scheme of the NFL universe are pointless. He will no doubt be productive and contribute.

LevonKirkland99
10-13-2012, 02:31 AM
I am supporting this ^^%$cking team every Sunday , still wear my 56 jersey proudly. However, my team is playing crappy football right now.

No one is disrespecting the ownership , coaches or players, just pointing out the flaws.

Crowned
10-13-2012, 04:05 AM
still wear my 56 jersey proudly

What a waste of ****ing money... much like 56 himself.

connecticutsteel
10-13-2012, 05:55 AM
Why are the Raven fans so pissed this time JEEZ can dish it out but y'all can't take it whiney ****'*.Of couse they need to play better but i swear if we don't win every game by 40 many so called Steelers die-hards say dumb stuff like Fire Tomlin and LeBeau .The question is ok but replace them with who? . Win or lose i will cheer just as loud every week. without the need to bitch about every little thing .look on the bright side if we don't turn it around this year we will be slotted high enough to get Mingo or Vaccaro or Jones in the draft.

Nolrog
10-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Hey Mendy. I've been bleeding black and gold through good times and bad. Through the likes of Bubby Brister, Neil O'Donnell and Kordell Stewart. Long after you're retired and you've forgotten where you came from, I'll still be here, still bleeding black and gold and still rooting for the Steelers. Can you say the same?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-13-2012, 09:41 AM
I couldn't give a bigger rats *** what Mendenhall thinks of us fans; we're the ones coming out to the stadium every Sunday, buying the jersey's and defending this team till the bitter end. If he wants to rant, just rant but please calling out fans for being unsupportive is just asking to be ridiculed. He obviously knows nothing of what the Steeler Nation is all about.

Whatever, the good thing about us un supportive fans Mendy is, we'll be there every week cheering for the team just like always.

LatrobePA
10-13-2012, 09:47 AM
And we'll still be here cheering long after your cut or retire in a few years... So STFU and play football dick-

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Retard preferential treatment at it's best. BTW, I pay my money, I go to great lengths to follow the team and show my colors. However, when you (team) suck this bad, I am callin your *** out. This year the Steelers blow. You only have to defend yourself on the field, we have to do it in the real world, DAILY.

The end.

Get7With7
10-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Twitter shows how some NFL players are nothing but mental midgets. I really wish Tomlin would ban it during the season.

LevonKirkland99
10-13-2012, 11:52 AM
What a waste of ****ing money... much like 56 himself.

Why waste of money? The guy is hurt....Get a grip of yourself!!

Clevelandsux
10-13-2012, 11:54 AM
ya especially from a guy who isnt even contributing. mendenhall will never be a fan favorite. could u imagine bettis calling out fans?

LevonKirkland99
10-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Why are the Raven fans so pissed this time JEEZ can dish it out but y'all can't take it whiney ****'*.Of couse they need to play better but i swear if we don't win every game by 40 many so called Steelers die-hards say dumb stuff like Fire Tomlin and LeBeau .The question is ok but replace them with who? . Win or lose i will cheer just as loud every week. without the need to bitch about every little thing .look on the bright side if we don't turn it around this year we will be slotted high enough to get Mingo or Vaccaro or Jones in the draft.

Steeler fans can say what's on their mind....this is what fans do.the question remains is Tomlin a good coach who can make this team turn the page

LevonKirkland99
10-13-2012, 11:57 AM
ya especially from a guy who isnt even contributing. mendenhall will never be a fan favorite. could u imagine bettis calling out fans?

Bettis would've never said something like this.... I guess its the new-steeler-playrs era!

Clevelandsux
10-13-2012, 12:03 PM
When did alot of these guys become such pussies? They make alot of money, and they are public figures. They know this. Get thicker skin. Players play, fans cheer and boo. Some of guys man up, woodley, james, timmons, clark. They'll admit when they suck. Now i don't agree with trashing a guys house or cheering a guy when he gets injured.But you want us off your asses, play better! Ive been a fan longer than rashards even been alive.

Hey i like eating at denny's too. But if i get a sucky meal, i'll express my dissatisfaction. Same goes with the Steelers.

LatrobePA
10-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Twitter shows how some NFL players are nothing but mental midgets. I really wish Tomlin would ban it during the season.

I like this idea and I hate twitter, FB, and any other way these players can make asses of themselves!

scudmissile29
10-13-2012, 02:53 PM
I enjoyed seeing Mendenhall cry off after Ray Lewis smacked him one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_1S1TxtooQ

Clevelandsux
10-13-2012, 03:11 PM
**** ray lewis.You sound like a ravens fan. Actually didnt even look like he hit him all that hard. But just shows you how stupid he is by calling out ray lewis.

scudmissile29
10-13-2012, 04:06 PM
**** ray lewis.You sound like a ravens fan. Actually didnt even look like he hit him all that hard. But just shows you how stupid he is by calling out ray lewis.

I've never liked fumblehall.

WILLIE PARKER FOREVER <3 <3 <3

Shame about that 07 injury or we would of never had drafted mendenhall.

I hate mendenhall!!!!

he's like the worst starting back in the division.

I placed Benson (gone), Richardson and Rice above him in the past years and now.

cmerrifield
10-13-2012, 04:43 PM
I thinks its funny when people criticize Mendenhall for fumbling and not Parker.

Here are the stats: Parker 17 fumbles in 1253 carries and Mendenhall 7 fumbles in 832 carries. Do the Math, Parker was a lot worse.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

SteelCityVoice
10-13-2012, 04:59 PM
I wrote my thoughts concerning Rashard Mendenhall down for PSN.

http://www.pittsburghsportingnews.com/pittsburgh-steelers-need-to-shift-their-focus-back-onto-field/

scudmissile29
10-13-2012, 05:12 PM
I thinks its funny when people criticize Mendenhall for fumbling and not Parker.

Here are the stats: Parker 17 fumbles in 1253 carries and Mendenhall 7 fumbles in 832 carries. Do the Math, Parker was a lot worse.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Parker also ran in a super bowl touchdown

mendenhall fumbled costly.

do the math

LatrobePA
10-13-2012, 05:25 PM
I don't hate Mendy but I'm starting too!

Clevelandsux
10-13-2012, 07:08 PM
I think mendenhall is an ***. A dumb one at that. Siding with bin laden, calling out steelers fans and calling out ray lewis. But I would never sit there and cheer an injury especially at the expense of Ray lewis. He is still our best back. And we need him healthy. So he needs to shut his pie hole and just play ball.

LevonKirkland99
10-13-2012, 09:28 PM
It is disturbing when Steeler fans get enjoyment from Steeler players getting hit...become a Rats fan and be happy!

scudmissile29
10-13-2012, 09:35 PM
You guys do know that isn't me in the youtube video.

I wasn't cheering him when he got hurt (maybe in the future), I was merely excited at the fact I wouldn't have to see him for the rest of the season.

And what you know, Mewelde Moore came in and had a few big games.

DBR96A
10-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Game tickets are expensive. Road trips are expensive. Licensed NFL merchandise is expensive. Cable and satellite TV packages are expensive. Food at sports bars is expensive. As fans, we pay lots of money for most of those things, if not all of them. As a result, we're going to criticize the inferior-quality product that we've been given this season. For his sake, I hope Rashard Mendenhall never buys a car he likes that ends up with a bunch of defects. He'll have no right to criticize the automaker if he does. And using his logic, he can't call himself American because he's critical of our foreign policy.

jnes1216
10-14-2012, 03:19 AM
Tennessee was a tough loss for the steeler faithful. We boo and we curse, get over it rashard.

ChucktownSteeler
10-14-2012, 08:37 AM
I don't agree with his "tweet", but defend his right to "tweet".

Just because he is an athlete, doesn't mean he loses the freedom of speech.

C-town

steelersbabex25
10-14-2012, 12:32 PM
The same fans that took over a visiting stadium to watch you play the entire game with your heads up your asses? Yeah. None of us are fans.