PDA

View Full Version : How much longer are the Steelers going to dress only 7 lineman?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2012, 11:18 AM
How many more injuries is it going to take before Tomlin and Kugler finally decide that 7 players on the offensive line is just not enough. How many years has it been since we've had a starting 5 that have played together for even half a season let alone the entire year?

Deactivate an extra defensive back if you have too, they don't normally get hurt as quickly as our blockers do. I don't care who it is but somebody please justify the the continued thinking that 7 is all we can afford to have on gameday. I'd say we are beyond lucky that the starters lasted as long as they did this year so far.

I don't care if Kelvin Beachum is a rookie, at least he's a healthy body available.

Real Deal Steel
10-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Exactly.

LatrobePA
10-12-2012, 11:53 AM
I've never seen a team have so many players get hurt!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2012, 12:44 PM
At this point, why bother carrying both Mundy and Allen on the gameday roster, it's not like either one is going to give you anything close to a consistent, solid game. Besides that you don't normally have DB's going down very often and if an emergency situation came about then stick Cortez back there just to get through the game.

Free up a spot anyway you want but I'm tired of only having 7 guys available, none of which has proven they can stay healthy for any length of time.

Nolrog
10-12-2012, 12:57 PM
As other people have mentioned, someone should start looking at why we're seeing so many injuries. Is there a conditioning problem? Flexibility issues? Strength concerns?

jpele
10-12-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm thinking Kugler has very little to do with the number of linemen that dress for the game.

steelchamp204
10-12-2012, 01:07 PM
I think the strength and conditioning of this team is below par, Falls on coaches and players for this issue. This team has had to many inuries over the past few years it's mind blowing.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-12-2012, 04:09 PM

And, after only 5 games.

LatrobePA
10-12-2012, 04:10 PM
And, after only 5 games.

Carter also hurt, so now we're down another LB.

Steveo
10-12-2012, 04:27 PM

Could this a result of the CBA put in place last year, and the limited number of practices etc now allowed?

LarryNJ
10-12-2012, 04:31 PM
What position do we dress extra that teams who dress 8 OL don't carry?

LatrobePA
10-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Could this a result of the CBA put in place last year, and the limited number of practices etc now allowed?

It's the same for 31 other teams. I don't see other teams with this many injuries.. I'm clueless man!!

CowherPower
10-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Anybody got John Jackson's number handy? How much could we pay Marvel Smith to come back, maybe Faneca has another year left in him.. Why the hell not..LOL.

Seriously though, every week we hear the announcers talk about the Steelers only dressing 7 guys. Why, because we can't keep anyone healthy. Dress the 8th man and give yourself some breathing room for awhile. See it goes for a few weeks, if people stay healthy then go back to 7 if you want but for **** sakes at least give yourself a fighting chance to field 5 big guys all day long.

Clevelandsux
10-12-2012, 08:10 PM
they might be looking in the stands for lineman if this keeps up.