PDA

View Full Version : One positive tonight - Heath Miller and Big Ben

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2012, 12:38 AM
As I write this here, at about 12:30am both tired and still pissed off at this loss I have to think how much worse we'd be if we didn't have Heath Miller on this team. I know, how much worse can it get...

He's the only guy that always catches the ball, always makes the first down, and always finds a way to keep drives going.

Ben was hardly perfect tonight either, overshooting Wallace in the endzone, firing one to Miller in the corner when he had no business doing so in that tight coverage, and over shooting Sanders on a big 3rd down late in the game.

However, If there are 2 MVP's in the Steelers whopping 2 wins so far this year it's Heath who is now 3rd all time in catches and Big Ben who took over Terry Bradshaw's career passing yards record.

Ok that's about all the happiness I can do for tonight...

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Considering once again Ben was being protected by musical chair OL thanks to injuries its hard to imagine Ben to keep pulling this team from the jaws of defeat which he did give the Steelers a 23-16 lead in the 4th........really with a patch work offense......The defense and Tomlin deciding to kick a 54 yard field goal lost this game.......

Ocnative
10-12-2012, 02:35 AM
1 more positive, we are in the running for the top draft pick, we trade down to get multiple picks from the Vikings GM (Hershel Walker) and draft a whole new O-line, D-line, Secondary and play for another 25 year drought from the Super Bowl. When half your team is injured it is either the conditioning coach, AGE, or geriatrics. F*@#ing Pist......

Nolrog
10-12-2012, 06:37 AM
Ah who cares. There are no moral victories in a loss.

SnakeEyes43
10-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Thinking about Ben just makes me mad because I feel like we are wasting his "prime". He's playing great this year and has nothing to show for it (I know, the stat records are sweet, but...)

Zachintosh66
10-12-2012, 08:51 AM
isnt that 2 positives, lol

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2012, 09:28 AM
I tried my damndest last night to find something positive in this game to cheer about. If Ben didn't set that record and if Heath wasn't as awesome as he is there would be nothing left. That's all I got.

After sleeping on it, I'm proud as hell of Heath Miller, always has been underrated in the league but maybe now everybody else is seeing what we've known for years.

As for Ben, sooner or later he's going to snap and start kicking his own offensive line right in the ***. He deserves better than this never ending musical chairs situation. Oh wait, maybe we shouldn't be quite as mad, after all they did manage to stay together for 4 games this year before it all went to hell in a handbasket again.

steelersbabex25
10-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Heath is having a phenomenal year so far. Love watching him play. I love that Todd Haley is actually working him into the game plan more..finally.

Real Deal Steel
10-12-2012, 09:31 AM
I hate to say this. Because I've never said it before.

But I think it's time for a total coaching/GM overhaul. Every phase of this team is a failure. Special Teams, trainers and conditioners of the players, talent evaluation, no use of free agency, defensive philosophy, just everything.

steelerzion
10-12-2012, 09:48 AM
I hate to say this. Because I've never said it before.

But I think it's time for a total coaching/GM overhaul. Every phase of this team is a failure. Special Teams, trainers and conditioners of the players, talent evaluation, no use of free agency, defensive philosophy, just everything.

This!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LatrobePA
10-12-2012, 09:56 AM
Ben didn't have a great game at all. Heath was great not so much for Ben.

steelersbabex25
10-12-2012, 10:10 AM

Ben did what he could with 2/3 of his starting offensive linemen out of the game for pretty much the entire time. You can only expect him to do so much.

LatrobePA
10-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Ben did what he could with 2/3 of his starting offensive linemen out of the game for pretty much the entire time. You can only expect him to do so much.

I agree with ya, but he wasn't that much of a bright spot as Miller. He made some nice throws then missed some as well. He and the offense looked confused and lost at times. I'm not sure if he was getting the plays late or if it was something their D did..

SnakeEyes43
10-12-2012, 10:19 AM
He made some nice throws then missed some as well. He and the offense looked confused and lost at times. I'm not sure if he was getting the plays late or if it was something their D did..

I noticed that too. And the drops by the WRs are just plain frustrating.

BLACKandGOLD
10-12-2012, 10:22 AM
It's so great to see Heath get used in the offensive more. I always thought he wasn't getting the opportunities that he deserved. Now, hes getting the ball and proving why he is so valuable to this team. We can always rely on Heath to come up with the play that we need.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2012, 12:41 PM

Ben missed some throws....The INT was just a stupid throw....AB isn't that type of WR....When Ben threw the ball with the corner blanketed all over AB, I was like WTF?.........That isn't Randy Moss in his prime when he could just out jump defenders.......But still considering the OL was banged up again and Ben had very little help from the running game due to injuries yet again its amazing Ben had the type of game he did.....What was disappointing to me was that Brown and Wallace were not constantly open against a very bad Titans secondary....Both Wallace and Brown should have owned that secondary and they didn't.......

Zachintosh66
10-12-2012, 03:21 PM
As for Ben, sooner or later he's going to snap and start kicking his own offensive line right in the ***. He deserves better than this never ending musical chairs situation. Oh wait, maybe we shouldn't be quite as mad, after all they did manage to stay together for 4 games this year before it all went to hell in a handbasket again.

I agree... you can see it on his face this year. The disgust...

LarryNJ
10-12-2012, 03:41 PM
The one arm catch from heath was amazing. He definitely was our best player last night.

Goodfrom55
10-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Weren't the Giants 3-6 last year before they made their run? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO!!!!!!!!

NorCalSteel
10-12-2012, 04:44 PM
I thought Ben tried to force the ball to AB way to much last night when 88 was open early in the game.

DBR96A
10-12-2012, 05:12 PM
I thought Ben tried to force the ball to AB way to much last night when 88 was open early in the game.

For all we know, Todd Haley got on him for that, because I saw him throw to Emmanuel Sanders more in the second half.

CowherPower
10-12-2012, 06:21 PM
He forced that pass to Heath in the corner of the endzone too. I have no problems going to Heath but he was covered and running out of real estate too quickly to fit that one in.

That being said Heath is just flat out awesome, I can't fault him for that missed TD catch. Ben, I'm glad he overtook Bradshaw, I'm sick of TB and his constant rants about Ben and snide remarks.

Goodfrom55
10-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Another positive thing that came out of this game was Ben's postgame interview - he looked seriously pissed and determined to turn this thing around. Now I know most of the problem lies on the defensive side of the ball, but as a leader, it doesn't matter what position it is, get in their face and light a fire under their ***. if Nate Washington can do this to Ike, what will AJ Green do?

Kick their butts Ben.

PS: Please don't have your baby next week; we need a win.