PDA

View Full Version : Give me a breatk. After 5 games, Steelers fans ready to fire Tomlin

JakeTN1
10-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Can someone actually tell me that the head coach after the loss to Tebow in the playoffs shouldn't have been canned? Now, fast forward to 2012 and we lose to the pathetic Titans! How many bubble screens can we throw in a game!

SnakeEyes43
10-12-2012, 01:12 AM
If things don't improve, he should be fired. But I don't think he will be...
DL has to go after this year!!!!!!

FlatsSteeler
10-12-2012, 01:14 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again.....Tomlin is a HORRIBLE game day coach.......NO WAY do you try that FG...........especially how horrendous the Defense is.......
This is a poorly coached 6-10 team best case.......Well this is a Tomlin Team......Tomlin Must Go....Way too many injuries that's on the HC as well......

steelspikes
10-12-2012, 01:26 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again.....Tomlin is a HORRIBLE game day coach.......NO WAY do you try that FG...........especially how horrendous the Defense is.......
This is a poorly coached 6-10 team best case.......Well this is a Tomlin Team......Tomlin Must Go....Way too many injuries that's on the HC as well......

Suisham has been hot, but 54 yards outdoors on grass a horrible call. Steelers not a 6-10 team unless they totally go in tank; they are mediocre...9-7 is best case scenario, 6-10 probably the worst case.

Three Four
10-12-2012, 01:29 AM
Give me a break. Tomlin is a good coach. His problem is that he's got players made of glass. Yes, the Steelers should have punted instead of going for a field goal. Lewis should have intercepted Hasselbeck. So there. Write this season off to injury. Start the inexperienced players to get them experience and get ready for next season

LatrobePA
10-12-2012, 01:30 AM
Give me a break. Tomlin is a good coach. His problem is that he's got players made of glass. Yes, the Steelers should have punted instead of going for a field goal. Lewis should have intercepted Hasselbeck. So there. Write this season off to injury. Start the inexperienced players to get them experience and get ready for next season

Lol keep dreaming... This team is terrible!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2012, 01:32 AM
Cut em some slack Three, everybody is pissed off right now. No way this team should have any business letting the Titans even sniff a comeback.

The FG decision was the way wrong call, but the blame goes beyond Tomlin. There was no consistent pressure by Lebeau's defense, and a terrible secondary all night long.

steelerzion
10-12-2012, 01:33 AM
Lol keep dreaming... This team is terrible!

Worst steelers team I can remember! Not counting the 80's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYCsteelersfan
10-12-2012, 01:35 AM
Are you 12 years old? Or is there something else wrong? He's picked all these "glass" players and he's sucked every year since he was hired. Roethlisberger won the Superbowl on a game-winning drive and an insane catch by Holmes, otherwise Tomlin had lost that game as well.

Real Deal Steel
10-12-2012, 01:38 AM
Cut em some slack Three, everybody is pissed off right now. No way this team should have any business letting the Titans even sniff a comeback.

The FG decision was the way wrong call, but the blame goes beyond Tomlin. There was no consistent pressure by Lebeau's defense, and a terrible secondary all night long.

Dick Lebeau has to go. How many defensive debacles will it take for them to relieve him of his duties? We lost to the stinkin Raiders and Titans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We made Kenny Wright...a half *** rookie WR look like a stud!!!

SnakeEyes43
He's a pretty poor gameday coach, if you can be honest with yourself...maybe you can't. His team looks pathetic, his top picks haven't panned out, and then he holds on to vets too long, making his picks suffer even more. Tomlin did well with Cowhers team; Tomlin's team (the one that is starting to rear it's ugly head now) is just an embarrassing and pathetic excuse of a Steelers team.

Black@Gold Forever32
Are you 12 years old? Or is there something else wrong? He's picked all these "glass" players and he's sucked every year since he was hired. Roethlisberger won the Superbowl on a game-winning drive and an insane catch by Holmes, otherwise Tomlin had lost that game as well.

Ok I'm not impressed with Tomlin these days either but the defense and the great Dick LeBeau is to blame for blowing that double digit lead against the Cards in the Super Bowl XLIII.......

Real Deal Steel
Are we still NOT going to use free agency next season to fix some things on this team??????????????????????

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2012, 01:39 AM
Dick Lebeau has to go. How many defensive debacles will it take for them to relieve him of his duties? We lost to the stinkin Raiders and Titans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We made Kenny Wright...a half *** rookie WR look like a stud!!!

I have said for years that the old man needs to go.....LeBeau should have retired after Super Bowl XLIII......

Troyisabeast_43
10-12-2012, 01:49 AM
The team in my opinion is thugged out and it's a reflection of the head coach. I mean look at all the penalties and hits to the head game after game at key points in the game. Tomlin aside from his Super Bowl appearance in 2010 if things continue to go as they look right now this season is going to be looking at 3 out of 4 pretty bad seasons by Steelers standards. He missed the playoffs in 2009,he went out in the 1st round to a medicore Tebow team last year in Denver and this season he is heading toward not even making the playoffs. I mean these conference losses to Oakland and Tenn and even the Broncos are absolutely devistating and is what will ultimately keep them out of the playoffs at seasons end. Im not saying Tomlin should be fired but Ill say this much his coaching has been sub-par at best the last few seasons and he is not going to last as long as a Noll or a Bill Cowher going down the road he is now. He desperately needs to address this penalty situation period it's just completely and totally inexcusable at this point and it's all Mike Tomlin's fault period because he continually does nothing to fix it week in and week out....

Real Deal Steel
10-12-2012, 01:56 AM
I agree. For the first time, even I admit that I don't see Tomlin being here for too much longer. Not at this rate.

But when is Kolbert also going to be held accountable for this lack of talent?? Especially in the secondary?

steelchamp204
10-12-2012, 01:58 AM
I was always a Whisenhunt fan, man I wonder how his coaching career would have been here?

NYCsteelersfan
10-12-2012, 01:59 AM
Ok I'm not impressed with Tomlin these days either but the defense and the great Dick LeBeau is to blame for blowing that double digit lead against the Cards in the Super Bowl XLIII.......

LeBeau's defense, like most in the league require long periods of rest in order to be successful. It's the offense's job to sustain long offensive drives in order to provide that rest to the defense. Cowher understood that and ran his offense accordingly. Tomlin is completely incapable of such offensive drives throughout the course of the game. He scores quick, sits on his a$$, and really doesn't try to sustain any offensive drives until he's forced to score again.

This is a passing league now. Secondaries can barely breath the same air as receivers without being called for a penalty. Aside from Roethlisberger's interception and the blocked punt, the Titans scored only 16.

Also throw in the fact that our secondary should've came away with two easy interceptions, but the personnel just isn't there. Throw in the fact that Ike Taylor is still on this team and I actually feel bad for LeBeau.

NYCsteelersfan
10-12-2012, 02:00 AM
I was always a Whisenhunt fan, man I wonder how his coaching career would have been here?

The job should've been his. It was a no brainer.

Moondog
10-12-2012, 02:07 AM
Well, I haven't been on here for awhile, but I had to go somewhere people can feel my pain. I didn't think Tomlin should of went for that kick. Even though Suisham made a fifty-two yarder earlier, a fifty-four yarder is by no means a gimme. You have to pin them deep in that situation. I just don't get it. This is not looking good, it's like 2009 all over again.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2012, 02:12 AM
LeBeau's defense, like most in the league require long periods of rest in order to be successful. It's the offense's job to sustain long offensive drives in order to provide that rest to the defense. Cowher understood that and ran his offense accordingly. Tomlin is completely incapable of such offensive drives throughout the course of the game. He scores quick, sits on his a$$, and really doesn't try to sustain any offensive drives until he's forced to score again.

This is a passing league now. Secondaries can barely breath the same air as receivers without being called for a penalty. Aside from Roethlisberger's interception and the blocked punt, the Titans scored only 16.

Also throw in the fact that our secondary should've came away with two easy interceptions, but the personnel just isn't there. Throw in the fact that Ike Taylor is still on this team and I actually feel bad for LeBeau.

Cowher had an offensive line that could dominate the line of scrimmage.....Big difference....All I'm saying you're quick to bash Tomlin and rightfully so.....But the old man needs to get bashed as well.....He called a joke of a game once again tonight and let a sorry washed up QB own his defense tonight...Go ahead and make excuses all you want for LeBeau,
I really don't care how many points the defense gave up....In key spots when they needed to hold the lead the defense failed yet again....

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2012, 02:14 AM
I agree Tomlin needs go but now saying Whisenhunt should have been HC is comical........Yea Whiz sure has done much as HC without Kurt Warner.....lol Sure the Cards are off to a nice start this year but they won't last........Cards won't even make the play-offs.......

NYCsteelersfan
10-12-2012, 02:22 AM
Cowher had an offensive line that could dominate the line of scrimmage.....Big difference....All I'm saying you're quick to bash Tomlin and rightfully so.....But the old man needs to get bashed as well.....He called a joke of a game once again tonight and let a sorry washed up QB own his defense tonight...Go ahead and make excuses all you want for LeBeau,
I really don't care how many points the defense gave up....In key spots when they needed to hold the lead the defense failed yet again....

You put another head coach on this team, and they can easily do better than Tomlin. You put another defensive coordinator in charge of this defense and they'll end up with the same or worse results as LeBeau. If you can't see how bad personnel is on defense, then your anger over this team sucking has clouded your judgement. There were literally two interceptions thrown to our defense and both were dropped. One of them came on the final play. This is not a league where a defense can shut out teams without getting turnovers. And bad teams always have breakout games. The Browns put up 20 on the Giants before the second half. It happens.

Cowher had the offensive line to sustain drives because he knew how to maintain a good offensive line. Tomlin likes to take people from the stands to protect the quarterback and pave the way for the run game.

NYCsteelersfan
10-12-2012, 02:24 AM
I agree Tomlin needs go but now saying Whisenhunt should have been HC is comical........Yea Whiz sure has done much as HC without Kurt Warner.....lol Sure the Cards are off to a nice start this year but they won't last........Cards won't even make the play-offs.......

Kurt Warner was a backup that got released. He was at the end if his career. That Arizona team was slated to do squat and he took them to the Superbowl and almost won. Give him Roethlisberger and he would win that division every season without any problems.

SnakeEyes43
10-12-2012, 08:42 AM
They won't fire Tomlin, I don't care if we go 2-14. He'll be here next year.

Real Deal Steel
10-12-2012, 10:34 AM
You put another head coach on this team, and they can easily do better than Tomlin. You put another defensive coordinator in charge of this defense and they'll end up with the same or worse results as LeBeau. If you can't see how bad personnel is on defense, then your anger over this team sucking has clouded your judgement. There were literally two interceptions thrown to our defense and both were dropped. One of them came on the final play. This is not a league where a defense can shut out teams without getting turnovers. And bad teams always have breakout games. The Browns put up 20 on the Giants before the second half. It happens.

Cowher had the offensive line to sustain drives because he knew how to maintain a good offensive line. Tomlin likes to take people from the stands to protect the quarterback and pave the way for the run game.

Again...........WE NEED TO START TALKING ABOUT HOW COLBERT HAS FAILED US AS WELL AS LE BEAU AND TOMLIN!

No one is mentioning that the lack of talent, and lack of using free agency falls squarly on the doorstep of Colbert. You can argue that he's more responsible then Le Beau OR Tomlin because the talent evaluation has been horrible. Look at those stiffs in the secondary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who drafted those guys??????

steelersbabex25
10-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Again...........WE NEED TO START TALKING ABOUT HOW KOLBERT HAS FAILED US AS WELL AS LE BEAU AND TOMLIN!

No one is mentioning that the lack of talent, and lack of using free agency falls squarly on the doorstep of Kolbert. You can argue that he's more responsible then Le Beau OR Tomlin because the talent evaluation has been horrible. Look at those stiffs in the secondary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who drafted those guys??????

Sorry...it's Colbert. Not Kolbert.

That's been bothering me.

plenewken
10-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Inexperienced players????? Who??? They're all OLD and washed out in D. We're a very lousy and aging team, period. 7-9 at best.

BLACKandGOLD
10-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Listen, cut the guy a break. Tomlin is an awesome coach and motivator. It just comes down to these guys not executing on the field. Tomlin is the least of our worries right now.

TheTittsburghFeelers
10-12-2012, 11:55 AM
1st post so feel free to chop my head off. Have watched every Steelers game the last 5 years and am a big fan. I have never questioned Tomlin until this year. The players love to go to battle for Tomlin, but the penalties and attitudes have to be attributed to his coaching. I feel like Tomlin has gotten softer, but I am not in the locker room or on the practice field. The biggest problem I see is the line of scrimmage on each side of the ball. Pouncey and DeCastro make for a great start on the O-Line, but Starks and Gilbert are sub-par tackles. The defensive line may be worse. They create zero pressure. Ziggy Hood wouldn't start for another team in the league. Hampton has too much mileage and Keisel isn't far behind. Hopefully Heyward is going to be a player. It certainly doesn't help that Ike can not cover a guy without holding a single play. I haven't lost all hope for this year yet.

Real Deal Steel
10-12-2012, 12:01 PM
And who is the talent evaluator of those tackles? Who is the talent evaluator of those sorry cornerbacks in the secondary? Who evaluated Ziggy Hood to be taken where he was taken in the draft?

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-12-2012, 12:32 PM
This team excluding Ben and a few others (offense) is heading for stardom as one of the worst. I don't think they like MT all that much. It is reflected in their play, slovenly at best (defense). Injuries of the magnitude afflicting the team are an indication of not enough pre-season conditioning or not enough individual self motivation to keep in shape.

I can't go on. You fn suck team and you obviously don't care. IMO. Tomlin and his weak to complete incomprehensible response for the media. WTF.

SteelDad
10-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Mike Tomlin is not going anywhere. As much as he has lost this team this season, he will be back. LeBeau however, I am finally convinced will be gone. It is way past time now.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2012, 12:41 PM
The players deserve as much as anyone; how Keenan Lewis drops that INT is beyond me. How Ike Taylor continues to get burnt, why McLendon and Heyward aren't getting more reps, the players are responsible yes but excusing either Tomlin or Lebeau is just ridiculous.

I don't give a pass to Kugler anymore either, nobody gets a pass and everything should be questioned. It's not like this is the first year we've had player conditioning issues. It's not like our DB's never drop an interception or the DL can't get pressure. It's gameplan and players. Motivation only seems to go so far because when push comes to shove in the 4th quarter with the game on the line, we get shoved.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2012, 01:25 PM

Keep making excuses for LeBeau.....But how can you defense the type of game he called against the Titans......He let Hasselbeck own his defense last night...I have stated many times that I'm tired of Tomlin but LeBeau needs to go as well......

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Kurt Warner was a backup that got released. He was at the end if his career. That Arizona team was slated to do squat and he took them to the Superbowl and almost won. Give him Roethlisberger and he would win that division every season without any problems.

Kurt Warner was the main reason the Cards almost won the Super Bowl.....Look at Whisenhunt as soon as Warner retired....The Cards are off to a nice start this year but I bet they don't make the play-offs....Don't act like Whisenhunt is the 2nd coming of Bill Walsh.....lol Yea give Whiz, Roethlisberger since they were a perfect fit together.....Ben didn't even like Whiz....lol

cbrunn
10-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Mike Tomlin is responsible for Dick putting James Harrison man to man vs an athletic TE ???

Yes Ike had a bad game ... but he did tip the ball that scored , he just miss played it and didn't get enough of it

Tomlin fault for Lewis dropping an INT to seal the game???

Tomlin fault for Colbert spotty draft in past years???

Tomlin fault the Oline is the softest in the league??? (which they now have spent 2 1st round and 2 2nd round picks on in past what 3 drafts)

Yes Tomlin fault they went for 54 yrd field goal... but he hit the 52 yrd with some room so I can see why he tried it ... I don't agree with the call but I can see why he tried it

All I'm saying is yes Coaches deserve some blame... but all in all they put the PLAYERS in POSITION to win that game, the PLAYERS just didn't perform

terrible.towel43
10-12-2012, 02:15 PM
LOL some people in here..
"It's all Tomlin's fault, he's the reason we lose and when we win its not because of him, its our talent"....give me a break

"He's been terrible since he was hired"...He's 62-31 with a Super Bowl. Cut him some slack

teeceemadison
10-12-2012, 03:03 PM
didnt lewis drop a easy pick against the raiders a year ago that would have sealed a victory too?

my gosh, not just right in his hands, not just between the freakin numbers....anyone's grandma could have had that one....and sealed the win......AGAIN.

KemoTherapy
10-12-2012, 03:30 PM
It's about time for Mr. Rooney to clean house. I was one of the people waiting for "one for the thumb in '81" when it all went pear shaped in a hurry. I see a lot of similarities in what is going on now compared to what happened then. The brilliant all star defense got old in a hurry and it was all downhill after that.I thought Tomlin looked like a deer in the headlights there near the end of the game. I also think the inmates are running the asylum now with a lack of discipline and player accountability for repeated penalties and mistakes.Most penalized team in the league, yikes!.

LarryNJ
10-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Cut 60% of the players, fire MT, DL, TH & Colbert too. You also must fire Art , Art & Dan because they didn't hire Wiz. Oh they are the owners you can't fire them. Make them sell the team to the group of MT haters and move the team to LI. The ones who magically appear within minutes of any Steelers loss. Hang around for a couple days and disappear until the next loss.

NYCsteelersfan
10-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Cut 60% of the players, fire MT, DL, TH & Colbert too. You also must fire Art , Art & Dan because they didn't hire Wiz. Oh they are the owners you can't fire them. Make them sell the team to the group of MT haters and move the team to LI. The ones who magically appear within minutes of any Steelers loss. Hang around for a couple days and disappear until the next loss.

Sorry. I'll come on every week from now on, especially after they beat great teams like the Browns. And then I'll wave my pom poms in celebration and talk about how terrific Tomlin is for managing to win a game with a top five quarterback at his disposal. I'll also move to Pennsylvania.

NYCsteelersfan
10-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Kurt Warner was the main reason the Cards almost won the Super Bowl.....Look at Whisenhunt as soon as Warner retired....The Cards are off to a nice start this year but I bet they don't make the play-offs....Don't act like Whisenhunt is the 2nd coming of Bill Walsh.....lol Yea give Whiz, Roethlisberger since they were a perfect fit together.....Ben didn't even like Whiz....lol

Point is that Warner wasn't anything special at that point in his career. He was simply a competent quarterback. Wisenhunt hasn't had one since. Give Tomlin a mediocre quarterback and he wouldn't win 5 games in a season. Is Wisenhunt great? Of course not, but he's definitely better than Tomlin.

...He's 62-31 with a Super Bowl. Cut him some slack

Roethlisberger is 62-31. Tomlin is just there to clap on the sidelines after making another moronic 4th quarter decision.

Troyisabeast_43
10-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Point is that Warner wasn't anything special at that point in his career. He was simply a competent quarterback. Wisenhunt hasn't had one since. Give Tomlin a mediocre quarterback and he wouldn't win 5 games in a season. Is Wisenhunt great? Of course not, but he's definitely better than Tomlin.

Roethlisberger is 62-31. Tomlin is just there to clap on the sidelines after making another moronic 4th quarter decision. Im starting to agree with what you are saying and as the last few years have progressed here we are beginning to see Mike Tomlin exposed more and more. I agree you take Ben away from this team and they are complete and total garbage. Mike Tomlin won the Super Bowl with most of Bill Cowher's team in 2008, and he lost the Super Bowl to the Packers in 2010 with the majority of the players on that team being Tomlin's. Tomlin at this rate might not get fired at the end of the season or the next few years but at this rate I dont see Tomlin being a guy who stays here for 15 years like Cowher did I just do not think it's going to happen with him.

ice cream glove
10-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Tomlin Must Go....Way too many injuries that's on the HC as well......

I am interested in hearing how injuries are on the HC. Not saying they aren't, just want to hear your logic as to why the injuries are his fault.

muncher
10-12-2012, 11:16 PM
blame the rooneys. tomlin was a token hire, nothing more. the decline in cowhers players added to the poor coaching of tomlin led to this.

LevonKirkland99
10-13-2012, 03:21 AM
Mike Tomlin deserves to be fired ( wishful thinking on my part). he is not coaching the team as he should. Maybe he doesn't know how to coach and he liked to clap when Suicham misses a 54+ field goal...

I am just worried about his coaching style between what happened last year and so far this year. look at what haurbough did in Baltimore so far with declining talent year after year. John Hardbaugh came from the same defensive blood like Tomlin right? Why can't Tomlin coach better?

Nolrog
10-13-2012, 08:36 AM
I am interested in hearing how injuries are on the HC. Not saying they aren't, just want to hear your logic as to why the injuries are his fault.

The head coach is responsible for the team. The buck, as they say, stops there.

LarryNJ
10-13-2012, 08:47 AM
The head coach is responsible for the team. The buck, as they say, stops there.

Except when they win than it's in spite of him.