PDA

View Full Version : Sorry but this team is a complete joke

JShare86
10-11-2012, 11:53 PM
This team is a joke hate to vent and bad mouth them but when you can't beat the Titans you suck plain and simple. Horrible horrible call to attempt a fg at the end of the game. That is all have a great night fellas.

Three Four
10-11-2012, 11:56 PM
The Steelers are no longer an elite team. Yes, they have former great players. Ben is an elite quarterback with very good receivers, but that's about it. On paper, the Steelers are one of the best teams in the league. The Steelers don't field their best players. They are on the sidelines healing from some injury. Week after week, key players are hurt. Their substitutes are way below the standard. That is the reason they are losing. If the steelers can't get their starters on the field, they are looking at a 9-7 season and not making the playoffs.

Granite State Steel
10-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Can't say I disagree. I think it's time we face up that we just don't have the quality of players across the board as 3 or so years ago. Injury upon injury doesn't help out as well.

SnakeEyes43
10-11-2012, 11:57 PM
I wasn't willing to say it after the Raiders game, but now I will. This team is pathetic. Just embarrassing. This is the most I've been ashamed of the Steelers in a long time.

NYCsteelersfan
10-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Don't be sorry for speaking the truth. And don't let the delusional pom-pom fans shut you up. This team is f#%king disgusting. Take Roethlisberger off the team and Tomlin wouldn't be able to beat the Browns one time out of ten.

Zachintosh66
10-12-2012, 12:04 AM
i dont agree w/ it being a bad call... it was only 2 yds outside his range, not 10. Not Shawns fault either... We as a team did not execute when needed... Thats a coaching thing

SnakeEyes43
10-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Agree, Tomin's team is in shambles. What needs to change? Because something isn't working with this staff.

SteelerCountry58
10-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Well...can't really pin this on Suisham. Anything over 40 yds is shaky usually,he just didn't
have the strength. You can pin this on a rag tag O Line that just looks completely lost at times,
no running game and a D that is depleted and can't pressure Matt FOCKIN Hasselback of all people! LMAO!
Ah,****....what the hell. I gotta go to bed and get up in 5 hours and have a migraine thanks to this debacle!:evilshake:

Granite State Steel
10-12-2012, 12:06 AM
This is probably another thread…but, and you saw this coming last year. Makes you wonder by the time we get a legit defense and offensive (no pun intended) line back, Roethlisberger my be in his twilight years with the team. This isn't just because of today's outcome. You've seen this coming.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2012, 12:07 AM
i dont agree w/ it being a bad call... it was only 2 yds outside his range, not 10. Not Shawns fault either... We as a team did not execute when needed... Thats a coaching thing

I knew Suisham wasn't hitting that kick...I was shocked he nailed the kick from 52...sorry but punt and try to pin them deep.....play for OT.......The Titans were handed great field position to win the game on silver platter.......

FlatsSteeler
10-12-2012, 12:11 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again.....Tomlin is a HORRIBLE game day coach.......NO WAY do you try that FG...........especially how horrendous the Defense is.......
This is a poorly coached 6-10 team best case.......Well this is a Tomlin Team......Tomlin Must Go....Way too many injuries that's on the HC as well......

Granite State Steel
10-12-2012, 12:11 AM

Miss the field goal, (which we did) and they have great field position, (which they did). Punt and put them back and even with this defense make them take the long way home. Better chances heading into overtime, possibly maybe even getting the ball back before game was over.

Troyisabeast_43
10-12-2012, 12:38 AM
If you lose to both the Titans and Raiders you dont deserve to go to the playoffs period. This defense is completely incapable of stopping anybody when the game is on the line. I mean this Titans offense and team in general were horrible the 1st month of the season and the Steelers made them look like a playoff contender. All of these injuries and these penalties are all on Mike Tomlin as well. He coaches this team **** poor in my opinion and has done so now for awhile. I know they just extended Mike Tomlin but I highly doubt this team sees a 7th Super Bowl trophy with him leading the way. Tomlin is not going to be here 15 years like Cowher was and like Noll I am sorry I just dont see it happening.

Real Deal Steel
10-12-2012, 12:41 AM
I wasn't willing to say it after the Raiders game, but now I will. This team is pathetic. Just embarrassing. This is the most I've been ashamed of the Steelers in a long time.

All we have is a great QB and some WR"s

Real Deal Steel
10-12-2012, 12:43 AM
It's time to go secure a top 15 draft pick.

Safety, O-line, linebacker, real cornerback (who who can cover man on man), where do we begin?

Colbert has to be held as responsible as anyone for not using free agency and addressing needs with real talent.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2012, 12:43 AM
If you lose to both the Titans and Raiders you dont deserve to go to the playoffs period. This defense is completely incapable of stopping anybody when the game is on the line. I mean this Titans offense and team in general were horrible the 1st month of the season and the Steelers made them look like a playoff contender. All of these injuries and these penalties are all on Mike Tomlin as well. He coaches this team **** poor in my opinion and has done so now for awhile. I know they just extended Mike Tomlin but I highly doubt this team sees a 7th Super Bowl trophy with him leading the way. Tomlin is not going to be here 15 years like Cowher was and like Noll I am sorry I just dont see it happening.

I hope you're right....Really Tomlin needs to go now....maybe I will root for 2-14 the rest of the year....That might be enough for Tomlin to be shown the door....NOT.....lol The Rooney's don't fire HC's.......but they need to start.....

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2012, 12:45 AM
It's time to go secure a top 15 draft pick.

Safety, O-line, linebacker, real cornerback (who who can cover man on man), where do we begin?

Colbert has to be held as responsible as anyone for not using free agency and addressing needs with real talent.

Ok the Steelers havn't had much cap room so its hard to sign FA's........The mistakes they made were locking up so many of their own......To much money spent to keep this defense intact........

Steeldriven
10-12-2012, 12:47 AM
I cringe at the thought of playing the ravens right now...or anyone for that matter. Steelers could very well end up being the browns first win of the year.

steelchamp204
10-12-2012, 12:48 AM
The defense plays with no passion. Im not a huge fan of Ben throwing the ball 40 times either. Just because the league went pass happy doesnt mean that everyone should follow. Ben is the best game "manager". If our Oline could stay healthy, or infact anyone can stay healthty the best thing is to have a good running game and defense. I have never been a huge fan of Ben slinging the ball around 35+ times a game.

Real Deal Steel
10-12-2012, 12:49 AM
If we lose to the Browns, we will secure a top 10 pick for sure.

Real Deal Steel
10-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Ok the Steelers havn't had much cap room so its hard to sign FA's........The mistakes they made were locking up so many of their own......To much money spent to keep this defense intact........

But that's Kolbert. He places no real value on talented cornerbacks;feeling he can just put anybody back there because of his arrogance in thinking schemes will always make up for talent. Our secondary got used by the Raiders and Titans.

THE RAIDERS AND TITANS!!! Two teams that may not get another win the rest of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are not elite.............we are egad!!!

Real Deal Steel
10-12-2012, 12:54 AM
The defense plays with no passion. Im not a huge fan of Ben throwing the ball 40 times either. Just because the league went pass happy doesnt mean that everyone should follow. Ben is the best game "manager". If our Oline could stay healthy, or infact anyone can stay healthty the best thing is to have a good running game and defense. I have never been a huge fan of Ben slinging the ball around 35+ times a game.

But you saw all the poster in here talking about how it's all about the passing game. The run game is what makes us what we really are.

steelchamp204
10-12-2012, 12:57 AM
But you saw all the poster in here talking about how it's all about the passing game. The run game is what makes us what we really are.

Example.

Alex Smith has a good run game and solid defense. All he has to do is manage the game and be smart with the football. Niners have the right system.

Not saying Smith is Bens level at all. Just using it as an example.

Real Deal Steel
10-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Your right. The niners and texans are more Steeler football then us right now. It's embarrassing!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2012, 12:59 AM
But that's Kolbert. He places no real value on talented cornerbacks;feeling he can just put anybody back there because of his arrogance in thinking schemes will always make up for talent. Our secondary got used by the Raiders and Titans.

THE RAIDERS AND TITANS!!! Two teams that may not get another win the rest of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are not elite.............we are egad!!!

Its not all Colbert......I think its a collection of the Rooneys, Colbert, Tomlin, LeBeau........I need to find the numbers but its insane how much of the cap was spent on this defense......I'm sure LeBeau had major influence on making sure his vets were kept on D.....

Ocnative
10-12-2012, 02:06 AM
Yes, that FG attempt was horrible, but hindsight is 20/20. The real problem is having No pass rush, no secondary, a run defense that now gives up 7-8 yards on 1st down religiously, an absolute joke of an offensive line, and a strength and conditioning coach that is committed to getting as many people on the IR as possible. Do we have a team for the Beagles, or we running a scout team at them?

Ocnative
10-12-2012, 02:28 AM
This team is not a joke, it is a MASH unit that is as old and outdated as the original show MASH. Can you say draft picks, get the number 1 overall and trade down for multiple picks, and get a whole new secondary, D-line, O-line, and coaching staff. Jimmy Johnson did it right with Hershel Walker. Does Direct TV let you cancel the NFL package, this is not worth watching anymore.....