PDA

View Full Version : What realistic chance does this team have in the playoffs?

NYCsteelersfan
10-12-2012, 12:41 AM
This is easily the most unorganized, undisciplined, and physically unfit Steelers team that I have ever seen. Watching this team lose to pathetic teams, or watching them beat pathetic teams solely on the back of Roethlisberger and a couple of receivers makes it painfully apparent that this team would get slaughtered even if it makes the playoffs. The best thing for the team is to miss the playoffs so ownership has an excuse to erase the worst mistake it's ever made: Mike Tomlin.

NYCsteelersfan
10-12-2012, 12:45 AM
I like Tomlin's motivational clapping after the missed field goal. Very inspiring.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2012, 12:49 AM
I'll wait for Troyisabeast to break down the mathematical possibility because the realistic possibility is just too tough to think about.

NYCsteelersfan
10-12-2012, 12:54 AM
I'll wait for Troyisabeast to break down the mathematical possibility because the realistic possibility is just too tough to think about.

Let's say this team doesn't get any better, which is 99.9% likely under Tomlin. This team, as is, do you honestly want to see them in the playoffs? I know the "real fan's" answer is to say that you always want to see your team in the playoffs, but would you really want to see this team embarrassed against a real playoff team?

SuperSteelers
10-12-2012, 12:57 AM
This team WILL NOT make the playoffs.

Zachintosh66
10-12-2012, 12:58 AM
This is easily the most unorganized, undisciplined, and physically unfit Steelers team that I have ever seen. Watching this team lose to pathetic teams, or watching them beat pathetic teams solely on the back of Roethlisberger and a couple of receivers makes it painfully apparent that this team would get slaughtered even if it makes the playoffs. The best thing for the team is to miss the playoffs so ownership has an excuse to erase the worst mistake it's ever made: Mike Tomlin.

hard to argue with that... but Tomlin aint going anywhere he's the best thing since sliced bread *rolls eyes*

LevonKirkland99
10-12-2012, 01:02 AM
I like Tomlin's motivational clapping after the missed field goal. Very inspiring.

Tomlin ia way over his head....he is not ablento win with these group of guys. His clapping baffles me.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Tomlin, LeBeau both need to go....I really can't stomach Mike Tomlin and his stupid cliches any longer......Talk about somebody just mailing it in after early success....He has it way to comfortable since he knows the Rooney's will never fire him since the Steelers only have had 3 HCs since 1969....With job security like that there is no reason to really care anymore unless you just live football like Belichick.......

NHStlrfan
10-12-2012, 01:05 AM
This version of the Steelers has two chances.
1. Slim
2. None

NYCsteelersfan
10-12-2012, 01:07 AM
hard to argue with that... but Tomlin aint going anywhere he's the best thing since sliced bread *rolls eyes*

After ownership stepped in to force his hand with Arians and Haley, I feel a playoff miss would give them the excuse they need to bag this hack of a head coach.

coldrolled
10-12-2012, 01:09 AM
The NFL is a passing league...

We have lousy pass protection for Ben

We have crap for a pass defense.

So, the playoffs will pass us this year.

SnakeEyes43
10-12-2012, 01:10 AM
They don't deserve to make the Playoffs. And yes, for the first time EVER, I will say that Tomlin needs to go if things don't improve. This is just ridiculous. And I already thought that DL needed to retire, but holy sh*t, can we look more pathetic? Losing to two of the WORST teams in the league!

LatrobePA
10-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Forget playoffs man! This team hasn't won a road game in almost a year! No chance in hell this team finishes above 500 at this point!

steelerzion
10-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Tomlin is like Switzer , they won a SB WITH ANOTHER HC's team!!! like it or not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelerCountry58
10-12-2012, 01:15 AM
If we can stay "healthy",they can rebound and maybe have a 9-7 record. LMFAO! Healthy???
Sorry,I'm just a tad delirious. The whole AFC is fairly weak. Thats our only chance,if other
teams **** the bed and we sneak in. But,at this rate I'll take a higher pick and rebuild/reload.

NYCsteelersfan
10-12-2012, 01:17 AM
The NFL is a passing league...

We have lousy pass protection for Ben

We have crap for a pass defense.

So, the playoffs will pass us this year.

Everything you've said is a fact.

Forget playoffs man! This team hasn't won a road game in almost a year! No chance in hell this team finishes above 500 at this point!

I figured as much after the Oakland game. I'm dreading the Giants game. Coughin is going to treat this team like it's his bitch.

LatrobePA
10-12-2012, 01:19 AM
Everything you've said is a fact.

I figured as much after the Oakland game. I'm dreading the Giants game. Coughin is going to treat this team like it's his bitch.

Ravens twice, Bengals twice, Cowboys, Giants - 5 out of 6 will be losses.

NYCsteelersfan
10-12-2012, 01:20 AM
Tomlin is like Switzer , they won a SB WITH ANOTHER HC's team!!! like it or not!

100% correct. I've been saying it since day one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But,at this rate I'll take a higher pick and rebuild/reload.

Agreed, as long as Tomlin isn't the one making the picks and isn't the one in charge of rebuilding.

SnakeEyes43
10-12-2012, 01:22 AM
It seems like it's rebuild time. Just sucks that we are wasting Ben's prime!

NYCsteelersfan
10-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Ravens twice, Bengals twice, Cowboys, Giants - 5 out of 6 will be losses.

One win against either the Bengals or the Cowboys. I agree with you. 5 out of 6 will be losses. 4 out of 6 if we get lucky in one of the games like we did last week.

LatrobePA
10-12-2012, 01:25 AM
One win against either the Bengals or the Cowboys. I agree with you. 5 out of 6 will be losses. 4 out of 6 if we get lucky in one of the games like we did last week.

I feel bad for Ben, he doesn't stand a chance! Tomlin is dumb! 54 yard fg?? He prolly ruined this poor kid for the season! Punt and pin them deep or freaking go for it!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2012, 01:27 AM
I said after the Broncos game this team looks like a 6-10 squad......

LatrobePA
10-12-2012, 01:29 AM
I said after the Broncos game this team looks like a 6-10 squad......

Yea you did, and people torched you, seems you are right! Ravens will win this division by 4 games.

steelspikes
10-12-2012, 01:33 AM
9-7 team could get #6 seed wild card in AFC this year; Steelers still a candidate for that spot.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2012, 01:46 AM
Yea you did, and people torched you, seems you are right! Ravens will win this division by 4 games.

Its ok I like being torched.....you know me I'm realistic and I will go against the masses when I see fit....My hatred for Troy....lol

NYCsteelersfan
10-12-2012, 01:46 AM

Sucks for Roethlisberger big time.

I feel bad for Ben, he doesn't stand a chance! Tomlin is dumb! 54 yard fg?? He prolly ruined this poor kid for the season! Punt and pin them deep or freaking go for it!

Has he ever made a correct move in the 4th quarter? I've hated this guy since day one. He got hired for the wrong season and we'll have the prime years of an elite quarterback wasted as a result.

9-7 team could get #6 seed wild card in AFC this year; Steelers still a candidate for that spot.

Would you actually be excited about that? It would be a guaranteed first round knockout.

Real Deal Steel
10-12-2012, 01:47 AM
I see a 7-9 season at best.

Got a question...we all know Cowher is still looking around. Any chance he comes back and rights the ship?

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2012, 01:48 AM
well there is holes on this team......getting a high impact draft pick might be the best thing for this team.....

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2012, 01:49 AM
I see a 7-9 season at best.

Got a question...we all know Cowher is still looking around. Any chance he comes back and rights the ship?

No thanks........

steelchamp204
10-12-2012, 01:52 AM
I get some **** for saying Tomlin is not a good coach. I always say there will be a time when we see how "his" team does when Cowhers players move on and retire. As of right now it doesnt look so hot. I have NO faith whatsoever in the 4th quarter anymore when the game is 13 points in our favor. The Ben throwing the ball 40 times is not going to work. Clock management is horrible. Yes, Wallace and Brown are great. Im not in huge favor of having a high powered offense and letting the defense give up 20+ a game. I really dont want to be the NO Saints/ patriots type team.

coldrolled
10-12-2012, 07:42 AM

Is a big time trade coming this year.

We need some quick rebuilding for Bens sake.

Ocnative
10-12-2012, 12:27 PM
to quote another former coaching legend...... "Playoffs, don't talk about playoffs, Playoffs, you kidding me, Playoffs, I just hope we can win a game.....

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-12-2012, 12:37 PM
NONE.

cbyzerman
10-12-2012, 12:50 PM
9-7 will get atleast one wc this year. Just hope we get there and are healthy.

coldrolled
10-12-2012, 12:53 PM

Well they were given a game and they one 9 - 6 over Romeo Crennel and Cassel..

The 49ers and Texans are tough all around...

LatrobePA
10-12-2012, 12:56 PM
We have as much of a chance to making the playoffs as I do to waking up next to Hilary Clinton..

steelchamp204
10-12-2012, 01:09 PM
I had them going 10-6 at the beggining of the year, right now I think they can still do it, my gut says 7-9. Right now I have no confidence in this team while on the road, the team is banged up severly. Teams are going to stop the pass now against us because they know we can not run the ball without Mendy and now with Pouncey and Gilbert being hurt it wont be any better.