PDA

View Full Version : Suisham AFC Special Teams Player of the Week

BlitzburghRockCity
10-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Congrats to Sushi, Squeeze um, Suisham, or whatever name you have for him. I'm afraid to say I'm confident in him just yet but I'm coming around..LOL

Steelers kicker Shaun Suisham was named AFC special teams player of the week for kicking the winning 34-yard field goal that beat the Eagles as time expired Sunday.

This marks the second time that Suisham has received this honor but it's his first since 2007 when he was a member of the Redskins. Suisham was a 3-for-3 (20, 34, 34) on field goals in the 16-14 victory over the Eagles. His final field goal was the fifth game-winner of his career and first since September 2011 at Indianapolis.

Suisham has made all eight of his field goals this season. This ties his second-best streak to start a season. He converted his first 13 field goals in 2009..... http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/56430/steelers-suisham-named-afc-player-of-week

CowherPower
10-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Congrats to Sushi, he's come a long way. Now, just keep it up for the rest of the season!

apxpress33
10-10-2012, 01:00 PM
off to good start but, I still close my eyes when he kicks in close games:yikes:

Raleigh Steel
10-10-2012, 02:16 PM
I call him "swish"!

My confidence is growing with him. I won't be the one who complains after just one miss either. But if he starts missing consistently then....

Until then, he's doing the job that he's supposed to do, and I think the team and coaches have confidence in him as well

Goodfrom55
10-10-2012, 02:18 PM
So far so good, but as I have said before on here, my confidence in goes down as the temperature goes down. He's made some chip shot field goals so far, let's see how he does when he asked to make one from 45+.

Congratulations nonetheless. He earned it.

coach
10-11-2012, 12:27 PM
20, 34 and 34 is not a ringing endorsement. The coach still won't send him out for long ones because he doesn't have the leg. Like him or not, we need an upgrade.