PDA

View Full Version : Say it ain't so Tomlin!!!

connecticutsteel
10-09-2012, 03:14 AM
Tomlin was once again vague when he was asked about Wes Saunders coming back and who would go and who would stay.They have until Friday to make up their mind but Tomlin was singing the praises of David Paulson noting that the game wasn't to big for him and that he shows an attention to detail .this gave me the feeling that Saunders will be cutwhich is a mistake Saunders has the potential to be the best receiving TE in the league.Let's hope it ain't so and they cut someone else like Pope or Will allen now that we have DVD

strummerfan
10-09-2012, 07:19 AM
We have a 6'8" TE that can't block and is a mediocre at best receiver and you think they're going to cut Saunders?

cmerrifield
10-09-2012, 07:45 AM
If it makes you feel better, Pope got 0 snaps Sunday. That was probably a sign.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Speeed
10-09-2012, 09:30 AM
I think it was more of him building Paulson's confidence and Tomlin letting him know he would be around for the season. Why throw a bone to Saunders at this point? What has he done for the team besides being suspended? Any coach worth his weight in sweat will not sing the praises of what a player "might do" over a player who has contributed in a positive way. Saunders will get his due if he earns it. Which as you do, expect he will!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Paulson has been a pleasant surprise, I like his potential. However, you know how the Steelers are with hanging onto veterans. Pope is a Haley guy, don't be shocked if he's still around.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2012, 10:12 AM
I like Saunders but best receiving TE in the NFL.....I think that is a big of a stretch especially with the two that play in New England......

Big T
10-09-2012, 11:00 AM
You're reading into this way too much. Saunders isn't going to be cut.

terrible.towel43
10-09-2012, 11:05 AM
You're reading into this way too much. Saunders isn't going to be cut.

this. end thread

coldrolled
10-09-2012, 01:30 PM
I like Saunders but best receiving TE in the NFL.....I think that is a big of a stretch especially with the two that play in New England......

Really when you watch NE... the Receivers are usually wide open. wide open meaning a 2 yard radius of open...
our guys would look like gold to if they werent held and covered so tight. Heath was catching balls with a 6 inch window this week.

coldrolled
10-09-2012, 01:31 PM
If we were dumping Saunders he would already be gone.

LatrobePA
10-09-2012, 01:32 PM
If we were dumping Saunders he would already be gone.

Right! Why this is even a topic is beyond me!!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Really when you watch NE... the Receivers are usually wide open. wide open meaning a 2 yard radius of open...
our guys would look like gold to if they werent held and covered so tight. Heath was catching balls with a 6 inch window this week.

Was does this have to do with Wes Saunders?........The person who started this thread said that Saunders was the best receiving TE in the NFL which is crazy since Saunders really hasn't proven much in the NFL at this point.......Especially with TE's like Gronk and Hernandez in the NFL.......Really don't know why you mentioned Heath....lol

Goodfrom55
10-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Pope will likely be the casualty.

Saunders upside is endless and some people within the organization believe if he can keep himself out of trouble, Saunders could be the heir apparent to Heath Miller. I for one think Miller is grossly underrated as a pass catcher and a blocker.

K Train
10-09-2012, 07:16 PM
saunders better not get cut, hes a top 5 run blocker on the team. Blocks his *** off every play and has some soft hands and sweet feet.

pope was nice to have around during the suspension, but he should be cut

connecticutsteel
10-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Was does this have to do with Wes Saunders?........The person who started this thread said that Saunders was the best receiving TE in the NFL which is crazy since Saunders really hasn't proven much in the NFL at this point.......Especially with TE's like Gronk and Hernandez in the NFL.......Really don't know why you mentioned Heath....lol
You seriously must not be able to read i did not say he was the best receiving TE in the league I said he has the potential to be which is my opinion like it or not and this thred exsists cause because the Steelers have currently 54 players on there active roster and in case some people didn't know you can only have 53 so someone is going to be cut.I don't think they should cut Saunders it should be someone else.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2012, 08:56 PM
You seriously must not be able to read i did not say he was the best receiving TE in the league I said he has the potential to be which is my opinion like it or not and this thred exsists cause because the Steelers have currently 54 players on there active roster and in case some people didn't know you can only have 53 so someone is going to be cut.I don't think they should cut Saunders it should be someone else.

Saunders shouldn't be cut so I agree with that....Potential to be the best receiving TE in the NFL?....Again that is crazy......I like the kid but lets calm down the expectations....lol Let him catch 50 freaking passes in the NFL first.....Yes I can read but Saunders and best receiving TE in the NFL should never be used in the same sentence even basing it off on potential......

connecticutsteel
10-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Have you seen his college reels ? he played WR/TE AT Scar that's how good his hands are maybe he will get achance to shine under Haley's tutelage

Real Deal Steel
10-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Pope should go bye bye.

K Train
10-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Have you seen his college reels ? he played WR/TE AT Scar that's how good his hands are maybe he will get achance to shine under Haley's tutelage

he really actually reminds me a lot of heath miller

Farrior Fan
10-09-2012, 11:42 PM
has Wes been allowed to practice with the team during his suspension? If so he can hopefully come right in and play. I have been impressed every time I have seen him. He is going to make our O even more dangerous.

K Train
10-09-2012, 11:55 PM
no he couldnt practice, but he was allowed to participate in training camp and preseason

Black@Gold Forever32
10-10-2012, 10:48 AM

All that what means what regarding the NFL?....Until Saunders proves it in the NFL then I'm going to hold back my expectations....I like the kid and I do think he is going to be a player.....But best receiving TE in the NFL when he has hardly played yet is crazy talk right now.....He has 4 career catches and 1 TD......When Wes starts putting up Gronk numbers then go ahead and claim he is the best receiving TE in the NFL.......

One final point there has been a ton of players that had great college reels but never did **** in the NFL.....

ChucktownSteeler
10-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Short week, probably wise not to bring Saunders back until after the Titans game.

Speeed
10-10-2012, 01:34 PM
I do believe he has been practicing, no? If so, no reason to not to?

Short week, probably wise not to bring Saunders back until after the Titans game.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2012, 12:23 AM
All that what means what regarding the NFL?....Until Saunders proves it in the NFL then I'm going to hold back my expectations....I like the kid and I do think he is going to be a player.....But best receiving TE in the NFL when he has hardly played yet is crazy talk right now.....He has 4 career catches and 1 TD......When Wes starts putting up Gronk numbers then go ahead and claim he is the best receiving TE in the NFL.......

One final point there has been a ton of players that had great college reels but never did **** in the NFL.....

Im in the same boat, seemingly a ton of potential the this kid is going to have play and consistently take advantage of every pass that Ben gets out to him. The opportunities will be limited with Heath getting the bulk of the action though.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-11-2012, 02:28 AM
Im in the same boat, seemingly a ton of potential the this kid is going to have play and consistently take advantage of every pass that Ben gets out to him. The opportunities will be limited with Heath getting the bulk of the action though.

I hope Saunders becomes a beast......I just want to see him produce at the NFL consistently before putting him the ranks of Gronk, Hernandez, Tony G, Vernon Davis, or any of the other top receiving TEs.......