PDA

View Full Version : Timmons finally has the breakout game we've been waiting for

BlitzburghRockCity
10-08-2012, 01:04 AM
If there was an mvp of the defense on Sunday it had to be Lawrence Timmons. 9 total tackles, 8 solo and a regular in the Eagles backfield from the opening series.

He probably could have had a couple sacks too if he was able to finish off Vick on some of those pressures.

So yeah, nice game by 94, where you been all our lives dude LOL.

Btw, who else noticed him rushing from the outside again?

- From BRC's Bionic of Awesomeness

Real Deal Steel
10-08-2012, 01:36 AM
Timmons was all over the field. Great job. We need to see more high level play like that from him. 9 tackles.

Big T
10-08-2012, 01:44 AM
LeBeau finally decided to let Timmons do what he does best... Blitz from the interior. The man was possessed today. Great game. Looked fast, explosive... Definitely good to see. Let's keep it goin'...

Mike Tomlin
10-08-2012, 02:32 AM
LeBeau finally decided to let Timmons do what he does best... Blitz from the interior. The man was possessed today. Great game. Looked fast, explosive... Definitely good to see. Let's keep it goin'...
Exactly! We all knew he had that ability I just think the scheme took him away from what he does best naturally. I feel the same can be said about Hood and Heyward.

JensK
10-08-2012, 05:24 AM
I loved Timmons all day, and the d-line did a great job opening holes as well. I love me some Heyward and Al Woods!

scudmissile29
10-08-2012, 01:05 PM
We need him back to his 2010 form.

Big T
10-08-2012, 01:37 PM
We need him back to his 2010 form.

Which is exactly how he played yesterday.

steelchamp204
10-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Dude was a freak of nature. I think he will build off this moving forward.

Big T
10-08-2012, 02:28 PM
It's crazy how much faster and more explosive he looked than in other games. The play that sticks in my mind was when he couldn't chase down Peyton Manning. I'll chalk that up to not being in game shape, with it being the first game and all, plus the elevation.

Definitely looked like the guy we gave that big contract too. Good to see. Like K train said in another thread, I think he really works well with Harrison in there. Both of them on the right side can be a nightmare for opposing offenses.

LevonKirkland99
10-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Awesome game by #94...

steelersbabex25
10-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Yeah because with Harrison back he's back where he should be all along. Timmons has been an unfortunate secondary victim of all the injuries. He has the talent to produce constantly if there's any consistency with the front 7 and he's not being moved around every game.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-08-2012, 06:02 PM
It's crazy how much faster and more explosive he looked than in other games. The play that sticks in my mind was when he couldn't chase down Peyton Manning. I'll chalk that up to not being in game shape, with it being the first game and all, plus the elevation.

Definitely looked like the guy we gave that big contract too. Good to see. Like K train said in another thread, I think he really works well with Harrison in there. Both of them on the right side can be a nightmare for opposing offenses.

LeBeau had Timmons do what he does best....Plus it looked Timmons wasn't out there thinking about things and just attacking.....

Big T
10-08-2012, 07:26 PM
^^^ completely agree with both of you. That's what I've been saying. It's nice to finally see LeBeau using Timmons the right way. He has the potential to do it every week (see 2010), but he can't do it alone. Hopefully LeBeau continues with that. Timmons has had some good games in the past against better Tennessee teams, he could be in line for another big game.

connecticutsteel
10-09-2012, 06:11 AM
Wait i thought that it didn't matter how anyone played Dick LeBEAU WAS THE PROBLEM HIS SCHEME SUCKED hmmmmmmmmmm?

IT'S A DIFFERENT PLAN EVERYWEEK IT'S ABOUT EXECUTION DAMN CAPS I NEED ANEW KEYBOARD

JensK
10-09-2012, 10:40 AM
^^^ completely agree with both of you. That's what I've been saying. It's nice to finally see LeBeau using Timmons the right way. He has the potential to do it every week (see 2010), but he can't do it alone. Hopefully LeBeau continues with that. Timmons has had some good games in the past against better Tennessee teams, he could be in line for another big game.

A thing which we should add here is that the d-line actually had its way with the Eagles o-line. Woods and Heywood tossed them around all day.