PDA

View Full Version : Early thoughts on the Titans game this Thursday night...

Troyisabeast_43
10-07-2012, 07:31 PM
The Titans right now are getting blown out by the Vikings in Minnesota 30-7 and have looked absolutely terrible in that game. Last time I checked Chris Johnson barely had over 20 yards rushing. Our old buddy Matt Hasselbeck will be the QB in the game Thursday night in Tennessee. This is another game much like the Raiders game a few weeks ago. It's a game the Steelers most definitely should win if they show up and play like they are capable,but it's also a game much like the Raiders game a few weeks ago they definitely could lose if they make mistakes and the defense doesnt step it up. The Steelers have not played good defense on the road this season so far at all and as we all know have not won a game on the road yet so far this season. The Steelers historically dont play that well down in Tennessee and with guys like Troy and Woodley most likely not going to play in this game it could open up some more space to run for a guy as talented as Chris Johnson.

With all that being said, I still like the Steelers in this game. They need to start winning some games in the conference now and get their conference record back up to even at 2-2. I just cant see them losing another game to a bad team in the Titans like they did a few weeks ago in Oakland...Get this win and push your record to 3-2 and keep that scenario I have been talking about still possible where you can finish October tied with the Ravens at 5-2 if you win your next 3 games at Tenn,at Cincy,and at home against the Redskins and the Ravens drop one of their next 2 games with either the Cowboys at home or at Houston before their bye week on October 28th...

Black@Gold Forever32
10-07-2012, 07:43 PM
The Steelers are 0-2 on the road so far this year so I don't think the game is a lock but it should be really.....I just would like to see the Steelers stop beating themselves....Hopefully the defense is turning the corner and is back to Steelers level of football......Timmons was a beast today so that is encouraging going forward....Jason Worilds even looked solid filling in for Woodley when he went down......

Real Deal Steel
10-07-2012, 07:55 PM
This game is a lock.

Troyisabeast_43
10-07-2012, 08:14 PM
It should be a lock but I wouldnt go as far to say it is a mortal lock. The Steelers need to come out in this game and score early and often and get up on the Titans by a few scores. Dont let this team hang around and dont give them any kind of life. At 1-4 now the Titans being at home are going to be desperate and are going to be pretty much in a MUST win type situation because if they fall to 1-5 they are all but finished when it comes to having any kind of chance to make the playoffs. Plus, much like Carson Palmer a few weeks ago Matt Hasselbeck hates our guts just as bad as Palmer does which could make him play over his head like Palmer did in the Raiders game. This is a game I think the Steelers should have no problem winning and a game I think they will end up winning but just be careful here in thinking this game is a lock and be aware of the things I just mentioned above here in regards to the Titans and their absolute desperation in this game...

Black@Gold Forever32
10-07-2012, 08:18 PM
One good thing the Titans defense has been very bad so far this season.....The Steelers offense should be able to move the ball at will and score.......

Troyisabeast_43
10-07-2012, 08:23 PM
I agree that Ben and the offense especially the passing game should have a great game and should put up a lot of points. The only way the Steelers lose this game is if the Steelers defense completely and totally implodes like they did in the Raiders game...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2012, 08:30 PM
I hate these Thursday night games, we can't even enjoy a win for a day before the next game is up on deck.

The Titans shouldn't scare anybody, no reason to think the Steelers should lose this game other than what BG32 mentioned, that we stink on the road so far. I don't take this game for granted by any stretch but I do expect the Steelers offense to be able to move the ball.

If the defense can keep Shady McCoy in check they should be able to do the same with Chris Johnson, in theory

LatrobePA
10-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Titans are allowing teams to score mega points per game, this fn game shouldn't even be close.

Raleigh Steel
10-07-2012, 08:48 PM
The Steelers are 0-2 on the road so far this year so I don't think the game is a lock but it should be really.....I just would like to see the Steelers stop beating themselves....Hopefully the defense is turning the corner and is back to Steelers level of football......Timmons was a beast today so that is encouraging going forward....Jason Worilds even looked solid filling in for Woodley when he went down......

Couldn't have said it better myself....

Troyisabeast_43
10-07-2012, 08:57 PM
I hate these Thursday night games, we can't even enjoy a win for a day before the next game is up on deck.

The Titans shouldn't scare anybody, no reason to think the Steelers should lose this game other than what BG32 mentioned, that we stink on the road so far. I don't take this game for granted by any stretch but I do expect the Steelers offense to be able to move the ball.

If the defense can keep Shady McCoy in check they should be able to do the same with Chris Johnson, in theory

I dont mind these Thursday night games too much especially seeing that the Steelers just had a bye week coming off a terrible loss to the Raiders and we had to wait a long full 2 weeks before we saw them play another game. Now we get to see the Steelers play 2 games in a 4-5 day span and hopefully get 2 wins in that span and get right back in this divisional race. It was nice for a change to have a 1 o clock game for the first time this season a month into it. The Steelers unfortunately will only have 2 more 1 o clock games until December 9th when they play the Chargers at home at 1 o clock and those games are against the Redskins at home on October 28th,and at Cleveland on November 25th . All the other games the Steelers play between now and then are either 4 o clock games or at night on Thursday,Sunday or Monday.

SteelerCountry58
10-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Titans look like crap so that means we will play down to their level and struggle.
But...we will wear them down and take over after the half.

LevonKirkland99
10-08-2012, 12:57 AM
We're playing this Thursday?! We can barely win at home by 2 points....I love this team, but I am frustrated with the defense this year!

Real Deal Steel
10-08-2012, 01:39 AM
It will be so tempting to just bomb the Titans out the stadium with our passing game. But I want to see more Mendy. I want that play action pass set up because that protects Ben if the other team is accounting for Mendy so much. Less hits on Ben from the defense.

Big T
10-08-2012, 01:57 AM
The titans have one of the worst defenses in the league this season. They give up tons of yards and tons of points... On the ground and through the air. I definitely like that matchup. On the flip side, I really wish Jake Locker was healthy and playing QB Thursday. Matt Hasselbeck may be old but he's smart. Locker would be a lot easier to confuse and force turnovers. This game should be a cake walk. I'm just hoping LeBeau does a little more with the defense like he did against Philly. I felt like he blitzed more in this game than all season. I especially like him blitzing Timmons up the middle. If we can throw some exotic looks (ie, the psycho look with everyone standing like they ran a few times against Philly), and blitz up the middle (Hasselbeck isn't very mobile to say the least), we should run away with this one.

This one shouldn't be close. The only thing that may keep it close is if LeBeau is stubborn, but the Philly game was a little encouraging. I'd love to see a f*cking blowout lol. Just once I'd like to be sitting in the last few minutes of the fourth quarter and not pacing lol.

steelchamp204
10-08-2012, 02:19 AM
This game is on lock. I would only be worried if the Steelers had to go to the west coast for a road game. Im not worried at all.

steelchamp204
10-08-2012, 02:20 AM
We're playing this Thursday?! We can barely win at home by 2 points....I love this team, but I am frustrated with the defense this year!

Dude, the defense gave up 14 points. Holy ****. We're not going to hold every team to 10 and under.

Goodfrom55
10-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Take away CJ2K's cutback lanes and pound Hasselbeck, and the Steelers win going away. Again, let them hang around? Bad things will happen.

cmerrifield
10-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Take away CJ2K's cutback lanes and pound Hasselbeck, and the Steelers win going away. Again, let them hang around? Bad things will happen.

I believe his name is CJ200 this year:) Hasselback has seen us too many times to take this lightly, especially without Troy and Woodley. A win here is a must.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

SuperSteelers
10-08-2012, 02:28 PM
When the Steelers secondary doesn't get interceptions and the defense is near bottom of the NFL in sacks is a perfect recipe for keeping bad teams in a game with an opportunity to win.

Real Deal Steel
10-08-2012, 10:56 PM
We've got to find a way to hit a sitting duck QB like Hasselbeck.

Big T
10-09-2012, 12:02 AM
We've got to find a way to hit a sitting duck QB like Hasselbeck.

Old, immobile QB... Needs to be blitzed up the middle. Timmons should be in line for another huge game. That is if LeBeau uses him correctly like he did against Philly.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-09-2012, 02:20 AM
Scarey. They are do a win as ****** as they are. Sunday to Thursday night = 4 days off.

LatrobePA
10-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Titans just lost their RB, Johnson will be their main guy, we need to pound his *** and force hasselshit to throw!!

terrible.towel43
10-09-2012, 09:53 AM

Were not going to blow every team out of the water. Philly beat the ravens, relax we won the game. Posts like this are so annoying. We only won by 2 points the sky is falling! good grief

Nolrog
10-09-2012, 10:45 AM
I'd really like to see a convincing victory against the Titans. A couple pics (we have what, one so far in 4 games? That's a pace of 4 for the year.)

coldrolled
10-09-2012, 12:33 PM
hopefully we are just warming up now...

Get7With7
10-09-2012, 12:41 PM
My fear is this game against Tennessee could be similar to the game against Oakland. Offense puts up crazy numbers, but the defense shits the bed against an intelligent but washed up QB on the road.

LeBeau absolutely cannot coach scared like he's been doing too often this year. Be aggressive and put Hasselbeck on his ***. For much of the game against the Eagles, Timmons made us forget Woodley and Polamalu were out. He needs to be a game wrecker and not end up dropping back into coverage.

Goodfrom55
10-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Defensively, the Steelers must hit CJ2K hard and low. Not take out his ankles of knee caps, but blast him in his thoght, make him not want to carry the ball. He is the only chance the Titans have of beating the Steelers unless Ben throws 5 INTS and the Titans get 3 special teams TD's. I still see what too much arm tackling for my taste. Steelers defenders need to run through people.

No turnovers on offense, be patient, no major injuries, and the Steelers win this game 24-7.

Farrior Fan
10-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Vegas likes us by 5 points. I will guess the final score at 24-14. I would love to see Ben get in synch with Wallace and blow this open early.

Goodfrom55
10-09-2012, 03:47 PM
And of course, minimize the holding penalties and head shots.

DBR96A
10-09-2012, 04:29 PM
This game is a lock.

So was the Raiders game.

Steelers/PSU Fan
10-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Thursday night game, Titans are reeling, they have home field advantage, we have looked like **** on the road this season = recipe for disaster. Crossing my fingers that this doesn't turn into another Oakland game, would love to see us get up big early and not have to worry about the Titans scoring a TD/FG late to win.

K Train
10-09-2012, 06:21 PM
titans are a glorified JV team

which means it will likely be a 1 score game lol.

nahhh im saying steelers pull this one out easily, hasslebeck is gonna be a sitting duck

connecticutsteel
10-09-2012, 06:50 PM
titans are a glorified JV team

which means it will likely be a 1 score game lol.

this

nahhh im saying steelers pull this one out easily, hasslebeck is gonna be a sitting duck

this

coach
10-11-2012, 12:39 PM
They should win, but any number of turnovers could be costly. I would love to see a blowout or at least a comfortable lead in this game.

Goodfrom55
10-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Bottom line here guys is this. . . .

Throw the Titans record out the window and their inability to play defense.

Keys (Offense):
Avg 4 YPC rushing the football
Stay out of 3rd and long (more than 6).
Get TD's not FG's.

Defense:
Smart Tackling
String CJ2K out East / West
Take away the the high % pass.

Steelers win 24-7

Goodfrom55
10-11-2012, 01:49 PM
oh yeah, and don't give up any spash plays on specials.

SuperSteelers
10-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Steelers 24-13

Goodfrom55
10-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Some would argue 24-13 is not a blowout or anything like that. I would be pleased with a 24-13 victory. A double digit win on the road, no matter who the opponent, is a great job.

ice cream glove
10-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Titans look like crap so that means we will play down to their level and struggle.
But...we will wear them down and take over after the half.

I just don't know why this team has to play down to the competition. It drives me insane. It's like they can never give us a nice, relaxed game, where we win easily and don't have to sweat it. They almost never do that for us.

ice cream glove
10-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Honestly, did this team think they were going to find a better coach than Fisher? He's a pretty damn good coach, and now I think they are realizing that. The Rams are getting better and TN looks lost.

Real Deal Steel
10-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Fisher is a good coach. He's given the Rams a toughness that I haven't seen in them in years.